RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:13:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | You may call me "the Reverend." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: You may call me "the Reverend."  (Read 14033 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2005, 09:56:41 AM »

It's time to ressuredt this thread because some surreal shit is going down.  Tomorrow at 7:00, I am marrying two of my friends.

Yes, you read that correctly.  I am marrying two of my friends.

My friends Kim and Eric found out about 3 weeks ago that Kim was pregnant.  They have no problem with the pregnancy, but there is an insurance problem.  Kim only works part time and as such, doesn't have health insurance.  Eric is a paramedic and does, so they need to get married so Kim can be put under Eric's insurance for her doctors appointment on the 5th.

So they called me up last week, remembering that I am a minister for the ULC, and asked if I would marry them.  After searching Michigan law for a week, it seems like it is absolutley legal and we are going ahead with it tomorrow.  I may have to video tape it and figure out how to get it up on the web.

Man, times are ca-RAZee.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2005, 10:11:01 AM »

It's time to ressuredt this thread because some surreal shit is going down.  Tomorrow at 7:00, I am marrying two of my friends.

My friends Kim and Eric found out about 3 weeks ago that Kim was pregnant.  They have no problem with the pregnancy, but there is an insurance problem.  Kim only works part time and as such, doesn't have health insurance.  Eric is a paramedic and does, so they need to get married so Kim can be put under Eric's insurance for her doctors appointment on the 5th.

So they called me up last week, remembering that I am a minister for the ULC, and asked if I would marry them.  After searching Michigan law for a week, it seems like it is absolutley legal and we are going ahead with it tomorrow.  I may have to video tape it and figure out how to get it up on the web.

Man, times are ca-RAZee.

Awesome laugh

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2005, 10:37:15 AM »

That is pretty awesome man.
Best of luck with it and have a good time at the wedding.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2005, 10:40:39 AM »

Man, times are ca-RAZee.

That is AWESOME!!!!!

And what a great romantic reason to get married,

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2005, 12:51:58 PM »

If my wife and I ever decide to renew our vows I'll give you  call.

and if you can't do video, pictures are a must.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 07:18:42 AM »

Oh. I gaurantee there will be pictures.  Originally they were both going to have thier parents at this thing and I was going to do a brief ceremony, but they have decided to go against it.  Oh course, knowing them they will probably change thier minds agian when I get to thier house tonight.  They have changed thier mind about the "ceremony" no less than a half dozen times.

Romantic indeed.... |D
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 10:37:39 AM »

Oh my god this is the coolest/craziest thing ever.  My mouth literally dropped open and my tongue rolled out of my mouth like a long red carpet (think cartoon style).  

It's great that you can do that for two friends.  I hope they will be happy together and send my congratulations to them (and to you for being such a great minister).

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2005, 12:31:37 PM »

Well, I've been busy as fuck lately, but I decided I should finally get those pictures up that I promised.  This first one is me and the lucky groom.
btw, I hate getting my picture taken.  Can you tell?  Tongue
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2005, 12:32:39 PM »

This next one is me signing the license...
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2005, 12:33:58 PM »

....and finally me and the happy couple.  So far I haven't had any government agents knock on my door, and the county clerk took the license so it looks like it's gonna stand.  Some wacky, wacky schiess I tell ya.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2005, 12:58:02 PM »

wow. you actually performed a marriage. amazing.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2005, 01:21:28 PM »

Thats awesome.
Going to have to pick up a few marrige licenses.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 01:22:16 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2005, 06:37:25 PM »

Was it legal for those 2 to get married? They look like they are 14.

NDiddy
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2005, 07:42:23 PM »

....and finally me and the happy couple.  So far I haven't had any government agents knock on my door, and the county clerk took the license so it looks like it's gonna stand.  Some wacky, wacky schiess I tell ya.

yeah the guy looks pretty young and it looks like hes taking something out of your pocket.

[img width=360 height=72]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/netwetty/ndiddycopy.jpg[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length