RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:47:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Recommend me a new TV series to watch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Recommend me a new TV series to watch  (Read 7232 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 03:32:44 PM »

Vikings on History Channel.

EDIT
Psych! It's a detective type of show that is also quite funny.

Also this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:34:29 PM by Izret101 » Logged

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »

I'm "obtaining" The Wire now, any other suggestions on different shows or if I should move something up/down in my list?

smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »

Sons of Anarchy
Walking Dead
Hell on Wheels
Deadwood
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 12:20:08 AM »

Friend told me Homeland is amazing. At least the first season. I need to check it out, but kind of want to rewatch the Wire.

When shall his new form be revealed?
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »

Finished up The Wire last night, and I absolutely loved it. The first season was a bit weird with how out of date the technology was, but I'm thinking at least some of it was on purpose now.

Does anyone watch The Killing? I've seen commercials for it, but never caught an episode. And given AMC's track record with awesome shows the last few years, I have to assume it's good.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »

I know I've talked about it to death elsewhere on the boards, but I am not kidding when I say you have to check out Air Crash Investigation, which also goes by Mayday or Air Disasters in some regions, airing on the Smithsonian Channel.

It's not exactly heavy on the action (though it has its moments), but for drama and suspense, I dare say the reenactments of actual events on the show are far more interesting and compelling than any fictional stuff. The best ones are edited and paced to deliver maximum emotional impact. Just watch the moment of collision in the Deadly Crossroads episode on the Uberlingen disaster, and you'll see what I mean. The immediate aftermath of the Aeromexico airliner crash in Cerritos in the Out of Sight episode is another amazing (and appalling) example. It also helps that the reenactment scenes are surprisingly realistic, and the CGI effects are pretty good too. Whichever outfit produces these things is actually putting some money into the budget.

Fortunately, not every episode features death and widespread destruction. My favorite shows include the legendary "Gimli Glider" incident, and Nowhere to Land, where an airliner without engine power, piloted by a man with one eye, landed safely on a levee outside New Orleans.

Please note, however, that the first one-third to two-thirds of the show deals with the accident itself, while the rest of the show goes into figuring out why it all went down. Which is probably not your jam if you're into analytical stuff.

BTW I think it's fun to see how the actors depicting the pilots and passengers in the reenactments compare to their real-life counterparts in the interview segments. I also wonder if any of the people have met the folks who played them?

The first three seasons are available to download off of Amazon for $1.99 an eppie.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Or, if you're a super-cheapass like me, you can also catch 'em on YouTube.
Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »

Carnivale, its so bizaRre
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »

I like low-brow humor so:

The League
The In-betweeners

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 08:43:11 AM »

The league may be low brow but its done really well! Also archer. The comedy on that show can be so fast paced if I watch an episode I find jokes I missed the first time. Maybe I'm just slow.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »

The Blacklist!!!!

NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:40 AM »

If you really like Sci-Fi I would recommend Defiance. I was not sure if I would like it and LOVED it, I watch it almost religiously now. Season 1 is over and the 2nd season isn't due till around June of next year. OMG! I can't wait. I play the game too, it's pretty fun actually.

Need computer or other I.T. related help ? Send me a PM, would be glad to help.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length