RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:42:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What was your favorite Arcade game growing up? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What was your favorite Arcade game growing up?  (Read 7348 times)
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »

When I was really young, we'd visit my grandparents about twice a year (they lived 4 hours away) and it was our tradition to get a late night pizza from a place called "Don's Pizza". It was a tiny little hole in the wall with 3 chairs, but they also had a Pac-Man cocktail table. My dad would give me a couple of quarters and I'd play while waiting for the order. That was probably the only arcade I played until I was 11 or so.

In terms of when I actually started to go to legitimate arcades, there is only one machine that stood out and that was Killer Instinct. It was twice as loud as any other machine, it had great music and if you could remember combos/combo breakers, you could show off a bit. I wasn't great at it, but I was not as bad as I was at most games, and that meant a lot to me.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:36 AM »

As a young kid, I would say it was Rampage, I loved playing that, I remember being pissed when I got the NES version because I could only pick between Lizzie and George.

Later on I would say it was TMNT, Simpsons, X-Men, all the games where multiple people could play at the same time, it made for some great times when I had Birthday Parties at the Arcade.

MrUnoriginal
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »

All time favorite is Galaga.
Honorable mention goes to The Return of the Jedi game.  Used to go up to the Poconos with the family every year and this game was there way longer than it should have been.
SlasherNES
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »

TMNT, Double Dragon, WWF Wrestlefest & Super Stars, Simpsons, X-Men

Shop smart! Shop S-Mart!
Wolfman's got nards!
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »

When I was a kid and my town had a Chuck E. Cheese, I played the crap out of both Moon Patrol and Toobin', and they quickly became my favorites.  Sadly, nowadays, there's no real arcades in my town, but a local Mexican place called Burritoville has a cocktail cab with Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga, which I play every time I go in.  Only a quarter to play either one, too, just like old times.   Smiley

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »

Honorable mention goes to The Return of the Jedi game.

Surprised (and glad) to see that, as I've seen a lot of posts online about people not liking that game.  I guess they wanted Atari to do vector Star Wars game #3 on that one.  I've always enjoyed it, and it usually makes it to a local expo that I usually attend here every year.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length