RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:00:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246785 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #675 on: April 07, 2013, 10:34:33 PM »

I started reading The Best Horror of the Year Volume One as seen here:  http://www.amazon.com/Bes...e+best+horror+of+the+year

I bought it back when Borders was going out of business and never got around to it.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #676 on: April 08, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »

Reading The Black Company

Pretty interesting fantasy world. Really evident that Bungie raped it for their Myth mythos.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #677 on: April 09, 2013, 05:48:14 AM »

The Variant Effect

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #678 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »

Reading "Kafka on the Shore." I've been on a big Murikami kick recently.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #679 on: April 09, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »

I'm re-reading a YA novel I liked as a kid called "Werewolf Rising", it's funny because it does the "try to humanize the monsters" thing like Twilight, but's actually pretty good and it's own little self-made Werewolf mythos is kinda interesting. 

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #680 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »

Finished the first three Black Company novels. Really fun blend of low/high fantasy that's really well written. Makes ol' RR Marty look like the twelve year old kid that he is.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #681 on: April 18, 2013, 12:15:47 AM »

Makes ol' RR Marty look like the twelve year old kid that he is.

that's not difficult

"BOOBIES"
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2013, 04:31:56 PM »

Started American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »

Finally reading The Hobbit, which I got as a birthday gift last year. Having already read The Lord of the Ring in years past, it's amazing to see how the difference in writing between the two books. It's almost like each novel was written by a different person.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »

Finally reading The Hobbit, which I got as a birthday gift last year. Having already read The Lord of the Ring in years past, it's amazing to see how the difference in writing between the two books. It's almost like each novel was written by a different person.

ya you really should have read the hobbit first. besides story sequence, it's a much better experience to go from the light hearted Hobbit into the much better written LotR rather than the other way around.
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2013, 01:58:23 PM »

ya you really should have read the hobbit first. besides story sequence, it's a much better experience to go from the light hearted Hobbit into the much better written LotR rather than the other way around.

Would have love to, but the cards fell a bit oddly on this one. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was given to me years ago when the movie had just hit the theaters, likewise with The Hobbit. Writing aside, I also already have a general idea of story progression, what with growing up on multiple viewings of the Rankin-Bass films. Cheesy
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »

Would have love to, but the cards fell a bit oddly on this one. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was given to me years ago when the movie had just hit the theaters, likewise with The Hobbit. Writing aside, I also already have a general idea of story progression, what with growing up on multiple viewings of the Rankin-Bass films. Cheesy

i still need to see all the rankin bass ones, even though i've heard they're terrible compared to the peter jackson versions. i'd also like to listen to the 1981 BBC radio play of Lord of the Rings someday, it even had Ian Holm as Frodo (instead of Bilbo that he played in the peter jackson movies).

it's not a trilogy.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #687 on: April 24, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »

The animated hobbit isn't really bad at all. The LOTR ones cut wayyyyy too much.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2013, 02:34:16 AM »

The Rankin-Bass films aren't really that bad, in my opinion, but it all depends on what you're trying to get out of them. They aren't the action packed adventures that the Jackson films are, but they are examples of decent animation mixed with great story telling. Having seen the newer Hobbit film, I think the Rankin-Bass version is superior. But yeah, as The Infinite Leon said, the LOTR animation is lacking a lot of content, to the point that it's pretty much a highlight reel of the most important of the important parts of the trilogy.
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #689 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:25 AM »

Tokyo Underground

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length