RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:08:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246100 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #735 on: October 23, 2013, 07:19:01 PM »

I read a MLP comic last night, I can't believe they managed to sneak this little battle wound in something like a official My Little Pony comic, the artist should get a medal for having the balls to try it:

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #736 on: October 24, 2013, 11:45:10 AM »

I don't get it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #737 on: October 24, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »

I was referring the eye(which is actually damaged perminatly based on the rest of the comic)

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #738 on: December 05, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »

finished The Stranger by Albert Camus in less than 24 hours, i thought it was great. really depressing but gives a lot to think about. lots of subtlety in characters and seemed like a commentary on the meaningless things that people care about in life. really shows how absurd everything is (which i think was the point of it all)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #739 on: December 31, 2013, 10:25:06 AM »

finished The Stranger by Albert Camus in less than 24 hours, i thought it was great. really depressing but gives a lot to think about. lots of subtlety in characters and seemed like a commentary on the meaningless things that people care about in life. really shows how absurd everything is (which i think was the point of it all)

I grabbed a copy of that a few months ago on Fleach's recommendation. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've gone back to the Margaret Atwood well this week with Oryx and Crake. I really like it so far.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #740 on: December 31, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »

I grabbed a copy of that a few months ago on Fleach's recommendation. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've gone back to the Margaret Atwood well this week with Oryx and Crake. I really like it so far.

i just picked up Oryx and Crake a few days ago too on a friend's recommendation, haven't started it yet though.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #741 on: January 13, 2014, 10:10:25 PM »

i finished volume I of the Greek Myths by Robert Graves a while back and am now working on Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell because i got the movie for christmas and wanted to read the book first. really liking it so far, i'm not 100% sure what the overall plot is yet but i'm only 65 pages in so there's still a ways to go
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #742 on: January 14, 2014, 06:22:39 AM »

I finished Oryx & Crake (very good) and yesterday I started True Grit. Very hard to put down, I'll probably be done with it by the weekend.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #743 on: January 20, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »

Started Ready Player One, pretty awesome.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #744 on: February 15, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »

Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger. It's a memoir of World War 1 wherein the writer looks back at it as a formative experience. Pretty interesting in a world where books like All Quiet On the Western Front, decrying the horror of war, are the norm.

Not saying I agree with Junger, but it is an interesting parallel.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #745 on: February 16, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »

I just finished reading Clockwork Angels by Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart.  Anderson gets a lot of trash for being a kind of hackish writer, but I liked the book.  It also helps that I really like Rush.

I'm just starting Fahrenheit 451.  I haven't read it in 15-20 years, so I figure it's about time to reread it.
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #746 on: February 24, 2014, 02:02:14 AM »

Pirates of the Storm

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #747 on: April 18, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »

still working on Cloud Atlas because i started reading it along with a friend and we don't sit down to read it together very often (only one copy of the book, i read it out loud to her). really liking it, about halfway through now.

finished Vol. 2 of the Greek Myths by Robert Graves a couple weeks ago. also finished Starcraft: Liberty's Crusade on a friend's recommendation, it was ok. now reading Transport Canada's Aeronautical Information Manual online and The Iliad by Homer
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #748 on: April 18, 2014, 01:03:53 AM »

Kick-Ass 3 (Issue #1)

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #749 on: April 29, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »

I'm digging into a happy-go-lucky account of one of the high points in the history of U.S.-Japan relations:

Now don't spoil it for me by giving away the ending...

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length