RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:39:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you listening to right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 145 Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 485878 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2055 on: September 15, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »

If you listen to our podcast, you might have heard my buddy Cameron on the Golden Axe episode. He also did our intro/outro music for our show. He's the guitarist for Atma Weapon and they have a new album coming out in 9 days. It's good and here is a sample of all the songs. Their first album, Dark Tower, is a must have.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...ch?t=51&v=_K_cOkKE3ao

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2056 on: September 17, 2015, 03:07:15 AM »

Starting to get into this band

I like Disciple, but I much prefer their older stuff when they were more of a groove metal band.  "By God", "This Might Sting a Little", and "Back Again" are all great.  The self-titled had some good songs, but didn't do much for me.  The last album of theirs I really enjoyed was "Scars Remain".  After that they kind of turned into a faux-modern southern rock band, and their sound softened too much for my taste.  Still, Kevin's a talented vocalist, and they usually have good lyrics.

I mainly like them because it's Christian Rock that's actually catchy and has a decent singer (Skillet is okay, but the dude's voice does get grating after a while)

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2057 on: September 17, 2015, 04:42:32 PM »

New CoB track.  I like it!

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2058 on: October 02, 2015, 07:15:39 PM »

Hipster trash but IDGAF I love it. GTAV brought me here. Wonderful song.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2059 on: October 05, 2015, 05:39:56 AM »

http://youtu.be/dLMuv5dc-rQ

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2060 on: November 13, 2015, 04:56:40 PM »

Pandora is giving me much better mix of music than Slacker was.

An update broke Slacker a couple weeks(?) ago. I got pissed at it and finally decided to try Pandora. In reality i should have started with it years ago.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2061 on: November 13, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »

I've found so many great bands because of Pandora.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2062 on: November 14, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »

I started with Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin on a "hardrock" station.
I now get everything from Tom Petty to JayZ to Matchbox 20 just from doling out "Thumbs Ups"

I think i have skipped a grand total of 10 songs so far.
Most of them from artists i like but a song i just didn't care for. Eminem for example.

I'm still missing a big void tho as i don't get much/anything in the way of artists like Disturbed, Adema, In This Moment.

Also missing the country rap crossover stuff (only artist i know off hand is Big Smo) but then i'll probably pull in standard country music.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:54:51 PM by Izret101 » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2063 on: November 15, 2015, 11:45:27 PM »

I've got the itch to explore more music in the outrun genre. The first song I found recommended is now Duke's theme song.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2064 on: November 19, 2015, 11:35:32 PM »

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2065 on: December 05, 2015, 12:00:31 PM »

When I was a teenager, I'm pretty sure my favorite Metallica album was either Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets.  In more recent years, I think it's become And Justice For All.  Of course Metallica's 80s catalog are all some of the greatest metal albums of all time, so you can't go wrong with any of them.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2066 on: December 06, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2067 on: December 11, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »

I just listened to No Doubt's only good song "Sunday Morning" but then "Don't Speak" came on and I was like:

[img width=500 height=281]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130416021458/glee/images/f/f1/28681-nicki-minaj-Hell-no-gif-LuBd.gif[/img]

So now I'm listening to Fiona Apple. A goddess among mortals.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2068 on: January 08, 2016, 08:17:36 AM »

The Sophtware Slump by the wonderful band Grandaddy.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2069 on: January 08, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »

The Sophtware Slump by the wonderful band Grandaddy.

DUDE!!!  This is a great album and I haven't listened to it in a long time. True story: My wife and I traveled to San Francisco several years ago. We went in Amoeba Records around Haight/Ashbury and Grandaddy just happened to be doing a store performance. Smiley

Man, I have been wearing out some retro new wave for the past 6-8 months. We need to talk Graham. Smiley

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:30:05 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 145 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length