RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:46:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you listening to right now? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 145 Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 472399 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2100 on: July 03, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »

The new Blink-182 is awesome.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2101 on: July 03, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »

Uncovered a few NFL Films highlights tunes that sound suspiciously similar to some 80s pop hits.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2102 on: July 04, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »

The_8-Bit_Donald is back! It's true! It really is. Time to celebrate this most holy of days with some amazing-- they really are, it's true-- patriotic tunes.

You think ISIS can rock out like this? I don't think so!

This one gets The_8-Bit_Melania sooo hot...

No way Canada can handle anything this awesome.

What else can I say, except...

http://www.youtube.com/em...lJ4?start=605&end=609
Damn straight, Lex!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2103 on: July 08, 2016, 11:03:16 PM »

The new Blink-182 is awesome.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2104 on: July 09, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »

and Grimes.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2105 on: July 09, 2016, 08:23:09 PM »

and Tigers Jaw, Modern Baseball, and Joyce Manor.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2106 on: July 11, 2016, 12:05:01 AM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2107 on: July 11, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »

Ah. too many embedded videos on this page...
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2108 on: July 27, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »

This Franz Ferdinand CD I bought yesterday: https://www.discogs.com/F...-Ferdinand/release/355287
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2109 on: August 03, 2016, 01:25:55 AM »

Dokken as the main dish, with a side of Ratt.
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2110 on: August 30, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »

This "The Futureheads" CD: https://www.discogs.com/F...utureheads/release/830636
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2111 on: October 09, 2016, 08:30:30 PM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2112 on: October 20, 2016, 04:58:53 AM »

Master Boot Record. Check out those album descriptions!

https://masterbootrecord.bandcamp.com/

Had to edit and add this song by Little VMills. Not exactly keeping with the Silent Hill atmosphere, but it's a good song nonetheless.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:14:25 AM by shane » Logged
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2113 on: January 17, 2017, 11:05:17 PM »

I am discovering some of Black Sabbath's songs that are not called "Iron Man". I wish I would have done this earlier, but I really like this song a lot.

Now, I wouldn't say I am a "metalhead", but rather I like what I like, don't take me saying I have neglected Sabbath as a sign that I am a metal guy. Take this for example, my favorite bands are:

The Police
R.E.M.
Billy Joel

After those top three its not particular order really, and sometimes Billy Joel may be lower on a given day and replaced by another band or musician, such as XTC.

XTC (the new wave band from Swindon,England, not the electronica crap I saw on iTunes under this name)
Scorpions
Steely Dan
Midnight Oil
Talking Heads
Queen
The Clash
Elvis Costello
Devo
Electric Light Orchestra
Blue Oyster Cult
Steve Miller
They Might Be Giants
Styx

The Cars (I have found myself to prefer the songs that feature people other than Ric Ocasek singing usually, Moving in Stereo is a big exception, but I like the other singers more, I don't dislike him, but I don't like him as much either, which with the Cars it's kind of interesting since even their hits are a jumble of a few different singers)

Billy Talent (Punk,alternative,post-hardcore thanks for Wiki helping me pinpoint the last one,My favorite band that is mostly from the 2000s even though technically they started playing under the name Pezz is the 90s)

Daft Punk (I insulted electronica above, but as some would know, especially with the success of the song Get Lucky, that there is much more to Daft Punk than electronic oriented music, and I like the way they do their electronic too anyway)

Honorable mentions that I don't feel like putting with the rest right now for some reason or the other:

Van Halen (Their debut is a favorite of mine, and I don't dislike the Hagar era like most guys seem to)
Hall and Oates
Jethro Tull
J. Geils Band
Squeeze
ZZ Top
Genesis (Phil Collins era, don't like Peter Gabriel,except some of his solo stuff)

So what, a smattering of a lot of stuff. And I am 26, so I mostly like stuff from before I was born. I guess I am not into "underground music" really, I listen to stuff that has had much to middling success, and I don't stray away from what some would call "commercial pop" in Hall and Oates. But I don't really do country, and not much rap. I admit theres a rap song here and there I like, but I don't like most of it.

Alas, is Black Sabbath really "metal". Yes, but its also Classic Rock at this point and its not nearly as hardcore as something like Slayer. So I know its not out of my usual range, after all I do like the Scorpions too, another influence to what become modern hard rock and metal.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:24:06 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2114 on: February 17, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »

From the mid 80s, one of my favourite albums:

The Circle & the Square by Red Box

Two songs from the album

The Police
R.E.M.
Billy Joel
XTC (the new wave band from Swindon,England, not the electronica crap I saw on iTunes under this name)
Scorpions
Steely Dan
Midnight Oil
Talking Heads
Queen
The Clash
Elvis Costello
Devo
Electric Light Orchestra
Blue Oyster Cult
Steve Miller
They Might Be Giants
Styx

The Cars (I have found myself to prefer the songs that feature people other than Ric Ocasek singing usually, Moving in Stereo is a big exception, but I like the other singers more, I don't dislike him, but I don't like him as much either, which with the Cars it's kind of interesting since even their hits are a jumble of a few different singers)

Billy Talent (Punk,alternative,post-hardcore thanks for Wiki helping me pinpoint the last one,My favorite band that is mostly from the 2000s even though technically they started playing under the name Pezz is the 90s)

Daft Punk (I insulted electronica above, but as some would know, especially with the success of the song Get Lucky, that there is much more to Daft Punk than electronic oriented music, and I like the way they do their electronic too anyway)

Honorable mentions that I don't feel like putting with the rest right now for some reason or the other:

Van Halen (Their debut is a favorite of mine, and I don't dislike the Hagar era like most guys seem to)
Hall and Oates
Jethro Tull
J. Geils Band
Squeeze
ZZ Top
Genesis (Phil Collins era, don't like Peter Gabriel,except some of his solo stuff)

Nice mixture there spanning various genres.

* Redboxcirclesquare.jpg (78.72 KB, 399x395 - viewed 411 times.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:41:36 AM by FatherJack » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 145 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length