RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:43:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Last of Us 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The Last of Us  (Read 5831 times)
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 01:18:32 PM »

I've heard the Thrustmaster PS3 controllers have hardware mapping support so you can swap the joysticks, though they don't have Rumble or Sixaxis support: http://www.thrustmaster.com/products

http://www.amazon.com/Thr...aystation-2/dp/B000SKLWCW

I'm a southpaw player who couldn't play many modern AAA titles due to not being considered when the games were designed-enter this FULLY PROGRAMABLE
controller. You simply press map then the button / stick direction where you want it and vola it's set how you want it.

Thanks Smiley
I bought one of those, and the remapping is... very poor.  It basically makes you press what you want, and then what to replace it with; i.e. press up on one stick, then up on the other stick to remap.  What happens is a very inconsistent, digital only remapping of the analogues instead of a 1:1 swap.  I tried playing Uncharted with it and Nathan Drake would walk in stops and starts and swaggered around as if he were Capt. Sparrow in a distillery.  (Tried remapping a few times, so it wasn't just a bad remap.)
*sigh*

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 04:26:19 PM »

If I can find a somewhat cheap PS3 third party controller as a donor, I can likely find someone to do the mod for you. He's pretty good with electronics, and would certainly enjoy the work.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:32:02 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »

Interesting. I'm a lefty, but I've never had a problem with game controls. What is it specifically that you have trouble with?

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
GamingGuru
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »

Can i discuss the ending because i am going crazy by not talking to anyone about it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »

Can i discuss the ending because i am going crazy by not talking to anyone about it.

NO
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »

i'll be finished by tonight though, at 89% right now. then you can talk about it all you want Wink, but i'm sure someone will rage.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 09:07:04 PM »

As long as it's spoiler free, go right ahead.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »

Interesting. I'm a lefty, but I've never had a problem with game controls. What is it specifically that you have trouble with?

I get serious nausea if I can't use the left stick for look and the right for movement.  I've tried for years to retrain but its no use; southpaw control or bust for me.

Keelah se'lai
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 11:51:59 PM »

If I can find a somewhat cheap PS3 third party controller as a donor, I can likely find someone to do the mod for you. He's pretty good with electronics, and would certainly enjoy the work.

You're very kind.  Any help would be appreciated. 
Not looking forward to going through this again with the 'next' generation of hardware...

Keelah se'lai
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »

just beat it. f**k. not sure if i'm ok with it or really mad about it. either way amazing game.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »

still in the afterglow of playing this. i have a bunch of other games that need playing, but i'm really tempted to start a new file on survival difficulty.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »

Fuck. I'm getting behind the rest of you. Still only at about hour 6. :/

Plan on knocking out a few more hours tonight.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »

Fuck. I'm getting behind the rest of you. Still only at about hour 6. :/

Plan on knocking out a few more hours tonight.

i played about 3-5 hours each time i sat down with it, i just couldn't stop.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »

If every EB Games near wasn't sold out of this game I'd be doing the same thing. 3 to 5 during each sitting.

Hey, how did you guys find the scene you have to shoot while Joel is hanging upside down? Was having the whole screen inverted disorienting?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:06 AM »

If every EB Games near wasn't sold out of this game I'd be doing the same thing. 3 to 5 during each sitting.

Hey, how did you guys find the scene you have to shoot while Joel is hanging upside down? Was having the whole screen inverted disorienting?

it was really disorienting but totally playable, i loved that scene. one of my favourite fights in the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length