RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:24:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG  (Read 62999 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 01:17:14 PM »

An excuse to play an RPG. Nice, count me in.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »

I'm in. Maybe I'll finally finish it this time.

For whatever reason, I could never get into this game. I bought it when it came out, got really far, then stopped playing. I've tried to play through it about 3 other times in my life and after about 5 hours I retire. I love Mario and I love RPG's and I've tried to love this game, but I always become disenchanted. Maybe it's because I'm a big Bowser fan and they make him seem like such a wuss.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »

For whatever reason, I could never get into this game. I bought it when it came out, got really far, then stopped playing. I've tried to play through it about 3 other times in my life and after about 5 hours I retire. I love Mario and I love RPG's and I've tried to love this game, but I always become disenchanted. Maybe it's because I'm a big Bowser fan and they make him seem like such a wuss.

You haven't gotten far enough into it then to see Bowser make himself into a badass.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »

Well, as a guy that sucks at RPG's and has never played this game in my life, I figured I should give it a go.

Should give you guys someone to laugh at. Just beating this game alone would be an achievement to me.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »

Hopefully playing along with a bunch of people will motivate you to push on. I'll add you to the head count.

Well, as a guy that sucks at RPG's and has never played this game in my life, I figured I should give it a go.

Should give you guys someone to laugh at. Just beating this game alone would be an achievement to me.

I don't think it's possible to suck at RPGs. You can only be under-leveled. Just remember if you're having trouble fight enough bad guys until you level up some more.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »

It's very easy to power level once you reach a certain part of the game. Shouldn't be a problem. Grin

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »

So will this playthrough have checkpoints or will we just play as we have time? Either way is fine with me, just curious.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »

You haven't gotten far enough into it then to see Bowser make himself into a badass.
Nice, because I'm not into Geno or Mallow Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

So will this playthrough have checkpoints or will we just play as we have time? Either way is fine with me, just curious.

I think this will work well with checkpoints. But anyone can play ahead if they want to. Just don't post spoilers.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 05:57:31 PM »

Sounds fun, instead of working on my backlog fulltime I'll join up with you guys.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »

if i can find a copy i'll be in, but i don't think i could bring myself to play the virtual console version Tongue
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »

Actually, the Virtual Console version is almost flawless. It's also much cheaper, unless you own a Super Famicom/know how to get it to run on an NTSC console. Wink

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »

Actually, the Virtual Console version is almost flawless. It's also much cheaper, unless you own a Super Famicom/know how to get it to run on an NTSC console. Wink

i know but i'm one of those guys who just has to play old games on the original hardware where possible, it doesn't feel right to me otherwise. i only make exceptions when it's a game i've already beaten in it's original form and just want to play it again any way i can. for first experiences with games i much prefer going all original if possible.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »

What exactly do you guys mean by "checkpoints"? I think I have an idea but I don't want to assume.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »

What exactly do you guys mean by "checkpoints"? I think I have an idea but I don't want to assume.

Kind of like a book club or a class will only assign 'Chapters' to read and study for the week I'm guessing this is along the same lines. "Beat X boss and save ASAP" is the type of checkpoint I'm thinking of, and its about all that makes sense.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length