RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:37:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | New bottom of the screen shooter video game wiki 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New bottom of the screen shooter video game wiki  (Read 964 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »

Along with my Vectrex wiki, I did it again!

http://botss.wikia.com/wiki/Botss_Wiki

The bottom of the screen shooter is one of the older, yet still one of my favorite video game genres, so I’m dedicating a wiki to it.  There’s already 102 articles up (I meant to publicize this a while ago, but just kept on adding and adding to it), plus there’s a featured article every other month (the next one will be up the first week of August).  Don’t be too impressed at that number though, since I covered an absolute crapload of Space Invaders hacks for the Atari 2600, so that’s 45 game entry pages right there (!).  I plan on doing a River Raid page soon, so that will bring in more hacks to divide it out a bit better, but the majority of entries are still Atari 2600, Vectrex, PC (including online/downloadable games) and arcade games, so there’s not much of a mix there.  There’s a lot of modern day shooters, but I don’t have my own iPad–it’s the family’s, and it’s out of town right now–so I’ve only done one modern day app.  That would diversify things a bit, with more of those, along with possibly a few "middle" ones (which I’ll get to in a minute).

So, this is a call for contributors, but if I don’t get any out of here, that’s ok, just as long as people look for now Smiley I can help out with advice for doing various things if anyone’s interested in doing one or more articles (although I’m no wiki expert), even though I don’t have any templates right now (just copy ones from various articles and that should do the trick).  I DO need help with a few other things though, even if people aren’t going to contribute articles:

1. Does anyone know of any bottom shooters for some of the "middle" (i. e. I mean they’re not too old, yet not brand new, either) Sega systems?  I know that there’s Centipede off some Arcade Classics cart and Space Invaders '91 for the Genesis, but I’m not doing an article on either one right now, since Centipede is still being made on a crapload of formats (and swiping and molding the Wikipedia article to better fit the wiki [since I can legally do that] would be a total nightmare to do) and I don’t have S. Invaders '91 yet, which I don’t do many articles on games that I don’t have or had.  Are there any more bottom shooters for the system?

2. How about the Sega CD?  The only one I know of is Super Space K'Noidtrix, the mini-game found on The Adventures of Willy Beamish cd.  The reason I ask is that I can swipe an article about a system, de-Wikipediafy it (as it’s called), and list all bottom shooters for the system (same goes for publishers) on the page as well (which I’ve done for the Vectrex, Imagic, and a few others).  Some articles only just have the games, as I shudder to think about what a nightmare (again) it’d be to clean up the Wikipedia Atari 2600 article (for example) and get it onto the site, so I’m not bothering with that for now (maybe never!).

3. Going back to old stuff, I think Alien Raiders on the Microvision is a BOTSS; can anyone confirm this?  I know Star Trek: Phaser Strike is.  I’m pretty sure Cosmic Hunter wasn’t.  Again, I can swipe the Wikipedia article on the Microvision and then list those, so that will be out of the way, and add some more content to the site.

Thanks in advance, and hope y'all have some fun poking around the site.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length