RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:29:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 3DO Testing Station Repair *HELP NEEDED! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3DO Testing Station Repair *HELP NEEDED!  (Read 657 times)
otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »

Hey guys,

I picked up a 3DO testing station probably 6 months back or so and I'm just now getting around to trying to fix it. I have like 8-10 developer's discs that go with it, some on official 3DO and EA discs, so I would really like to get this fixed up. Here is a description of the issues:

The system turns on fine and flashes the 3DO logo. When I open the disc drive the Logo comes up and then a graphic comes up showing that the disc drive is open. I close the drive and the 3DO logo flashes quickly for about one second and goes black. I can hear the drive warming up and trying to start, but nothing happens. The laser does not move and the disc does not spin. The laser is seated slightly behind where the disc sits.

After opening up another 3DO and seeing how the laser moves, I took a second look at my non-working dev unit. The laser does not pulsate regardless of where it sits in the console. I moved it around a bit trying to see if a different location would kickstart the laser, but no luck.

I have removed the drive and reconnected the ribbons to no avail. Any thoughts? I didn't want to strip down the disc drive without any advice on what to look for.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length