RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:15:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Xbox One Discussion Thread, No Haters Allowed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion Thread, No Haters Allowed  (Read 9013 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »

If they do, they should launch it under the name Otaku Gaijin! Tongue
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »

Looks like you unfortunately fell off the boat because of localization for Dutch. Blame the King.

Lol, our King's family is actually French (speaking), so they probably don't give a damn about about Dutch localizations, ha! Dutch vs French is the big cause of tension in Belgium, and why it'll probably, eventually split up.

Join Luxembourg.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »

The controller is my #1 reason for getting an Xbox One. It looks fantastic, which is saying a lot since the 360 controller is probably my favorite so far.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »

The controller is my #1 reason for getting an Xbox One. It looks fantastic, which is saying a lot since the 360 controller is probably my favorite so far.

I agree, but you already knew that.  I know that whenever they show all the stuff it does other than games, most people scream I DON'T CARE JUST SHOW ME GAMES! but I do care about the other stuff and I'm excited to see which directions the system and it's software go in.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »

I agree, but you already knew that.  I know that whenever they show all the stuff it does other than games, most people scream I DON'T CARE JUST SHOW ME GAMES! but I do care about the other stuff and I'm excited to see which directions the system and it's software go in.

I'm a "SHOW ME THE GAMES" kind of guy. I can deal with big problems in other areas as long as the games are fun.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »

I couldn't play on the original Xbox until I got an Eclipse controller, which was essentially the same size as the S controller.  Too much joint fatigue on the thumbs. Controllers make a HUGE difference, especially when I handle them constantly at work. I know which one I greatly prefer, but I won't tell.  fu2

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »

I couldn't play on the original Xbox until I got an Eclipse controller, which was essentially the same size as the S controller.  Too much joint fatigue on the thumbs. Controllers make a HUGE difference, especially when I handle them constantly at work. I know which one I greatly prefer, but I won't tell.  fu2

If a controller isn't particularly comfortable for me I just hold it differently (sometimes quite oddly). Sometimes it feels off at first, but I eventually get used to it and don't have a problem in the long run.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »

I already hold my controller weirdly - I'm typically a "claw" player.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »

I find it interesting how fast MS turned it around. I have to give mad props. They have nothing I am interested in .. For now and an outrageous price...for now. In time that's fixed. Prices come down and libraries build. It took Nintendo an entire new console with a remote gimmick to gain sales again. It took Sony PS3 about 2 years to pick up from a disastrous E3 bad PR and bad marketing. MS did it before launch. I wish SEGA could have fixed itself Sad
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:07 AM »

It really does seem like there is a lot of listening going on right now.  MS just announced the Independent Developers@Xbox program for devs who want to self publish.  They had previously said that self publishing was not an option.  Also, Crytek has tweaked the combat system in Ryse after the initial reactions of many who felt that the combat system was a little too QTE...y.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

I just noticed that Elder Scrolls Online is coming to Xbox One (and to PS4 as well I'm sure). For some reason I thought that this would have just been a PC game. Glad to see it listed.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 10:42:23 PM »

I just noticed that Elder Scrolls Online is coming to Xbox One (and to PS4 as well I'm sure). For some reason I thought that this would have just been a PC game. Glad to see it listed.

Yup, coming to everything (Xbox One, PS4, PC and Mac).  Hoping to get into the beta but if not, I'll have to decide what to get it on in the spring.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »

Y U NO INCLUDE WII U IN UR EVERYTHING?

My uncle wants to buy next gen solely for Elder Scrolls. I need to keep him up to date on when it is coming out so he isn't an idiot and buy a system at launch.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »

I've been wondering when the "cooler heads prevail" or "now that the dust has settled" articles are going to start emerging.

http://www.gamesindustry....ion-4-competition-at-last

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

It really does seem like there is a lot of listening going on right now.  MS just announced the Independent Developers@Xbox program for devs who want to self publish.  They had previously said that self publishing was not an option.  Also, Crytek has tweaked the combat system in Ryse after the initial reactions of many who felt that the combat system was a little too QTE...y.

Knew about the self-publishing, but good to hear on the Ryse combat.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length