RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:33:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 17 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 17  (Read 25949 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »

Finally catching up to the past few episodes. I hadn't listened in a few months, good thing you guys don't put out new episodes often! (Speaking of, a new one should be right around the corner, hm?)

Been trying hard to get another episode together, but it has been tough with Crabby working full time and running a store as well. Bil and I are working on something that will hopefully be out before too long...

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »

Sorry for delaying the casts everyone. Duke and Bil are going to give you some sweet ear food shortly to make up for it.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »

Sorry for delaying the casts everyone. Duke and Bil are going to give you some sweet ear food shortly to make up for it.

I think you more than make up for the delays by making the podcast six freaking hours long.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »

I think you more than make up for the delays by making the podcast six freaking hours long.

I think Collectorcast should shoot for a podcast length world record or something.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2013, 10:38:24 PM »

I think Collectorcast should shoot for a podcast length world record or something.

Yeah, just do a 24-hour-long presentation twice a year.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »

Black was SUCH A GOOD GAME.

Still a little behind on the episodes...

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »

Black was SUCH A GOOD GAME.

Still a little behind on the episodes...

I'm sure Bil is still right there with you.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure there was a print ad with a meat grinder too.
I might be confusing it with something else though...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »

If you take a shot every time Little Samson is mentioned you will be Russian by the end of the show.

retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2014, 12:19:47 PM »

Excellent main discussion. If you couldn't tell by the multiple threads I've written about it, this is something that fascinates the hell out of me. I'll have to finish it tomorrow, but so far, so good.

Yep, this was a great segment. Kudos to Duke for coming to the table with varied examples that were each worth discussing on their own. They each built to the general thesis of the conversation.

The PSX collecting talk intrigues me. I definitely agree that there is a pro-Nintendo slant with collectors which increases the market (as compared to both PSX and the Genesis) but for a system (PSX) with so many units moved, and SO MANY titles (to add to a conversation on the show - FIFA 2004 was the last PSX game, similar to how they did FIFA 14 for the PS2) why isn't it as collectible?

Is it cart vs. disc? The fact that PSX games play on PS2 so maybe gamers didn't offload their favorites when the next generation came? Lack of real scarce titles?

I know there's a future episode on PSX collecting (I'm getting there) so really interested in listening.

Favorite small scores segment, Bil going back to the well on the NHL '98 for the Saturn talking point (I agree, it does suck - and the PSX vers is great and one I played a ton of) and catching himself for telling the same story. I mean, it's a 3 hour segment, can't blame it for happening.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »

I wouldn't count Sony collecting out, it just hasn't gained as much steam. Nintendo has a similar appeal to Disney, and this has helped capture those seeking childhood nostalgia. As time marches on, plenty will want to relive the PlayStation heyday. It's already starting to heat up a bit for key titles.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »

I wouldn't count Sony collecting out, it just hasn't gained as much steam. Nintendo has a similar appeal to Disney, and this has helped capture those seeking childhood nostalgia. As time marches on, plenty will want to relive the PlayStation heyday. It's already starting to heat up a bit for key titles.

Yeah there's kids my age that really came of age on the PS1 and PS2 just finishing up with college and getting into collecting. I'm split between SNES and PS1 for the most part since I was young enough to slide in at the tail end of the SNES lifecycle and had friends that owned a Genesis. By the time I was in the middle grades most had upgraded to a PS1, now they're finishing school and getting into careers. The first few years are all about paying off those loans though. I don't keep in touch with too many people from all the way back then, but I wouldn't be surprised if some are getting into collecting given that a handful of my high school buddies are.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »

Psycho has it right. The market heats up when people get into their latter 20's and seek nostalgia with their newly found disposable income. There's no reason that oldsters like me can't enjoy some great PS1 titles as well. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length