RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:35:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What does your handle mean? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What does your handle mean?  (Read 4818 times)
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« on: June 21, 2004, 07:50:47 PM »

What does your tag say about you, like myself, its pretty obvious im a junkie for NES stuff, Den68 is also obvious with his name being Dennis and he being born in 68 (did they have hospitals back then to be born in?) but what does yours mean?

Ill take one other stab in the dark:
THX1138 has something to do with George Lucas's first film and an apperance of that same thing THX1138 in every film he made there after. Am I right?

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 08:11:02 AM »

2-D Forever : My firm believe that 2D is the best for fighting games. (can't disprove my opinion so don't try) and that 3D doesn't mean that a game is going to be fun.  Out of all the games that I have bought this year, only two are 3D (Virtual On, and Devil May Cry)  The standard disclaimer about all games still aply to 2D though (just becuase its anything doesn't mean it won't suck.)

I will die with a sega 6-button in my hands.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 09:36:58 AM »

Mine doesn't mean anything. That's why I'm so special.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 09:44:23 AM »

"Nepenthe" was (I believe to the ancient Greeks) anything that banished pain and sorrow.  So, there you have it.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

But your nickname is NepentheAN or NepentheANI, why did you ad that?
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:02:07 AM »

My handle means I like to drink tequila and lots of it.  It tastes good.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 01:53:20 PM »

But your nickname is NepentheAN or NepentheANI, why did you ad that?

Just as "Ohio" turns into "Ohioan" when we're talking about "one who is from/of Ohio," I did the same with "Nepenthe."  (Nepenthe is also a river believed to have the same healing quality.)  The "i" is sometimes attached to things because I was using "Nepenthean" in some places and then signed up (for AIM, for instance) and somebody had already taken "Nepenthean."  Go figure.  I didn't want to add something stupid like "2003" or "cutie69" to it, so I just added an "i."

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 02:15:27 PM »

boy this is old and kinda hard to remember, back prolly close to ten years now.  that was when my 'rents first got aol and i needed a name.  the tool is for the band and shady... well, i guess that is just me.
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 07:26:28 PM »

"Odonadon"
-The name of the proposed bridge linking Alberta and Prince Edward Island (about 4,000 miles).

From an Episode of Canadian News satire show "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" in a segment called "Talking to Americans".  Americans had the choice between two names: The Odonadon and the Trans-Canada Bridge.  Odonadon was the more popular choice.

What does that say about me?  I guess I enjoy making fun of Americans?    Shocked

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 07:54:08 PM »

freak boy came from the fact that everyone sees me as kind of a freak (both as the fun to be around crazy kind, and the kind that will stab you in the face if you fuck with) and i'm young.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 08:23:37 PM »

well I see there is no reason for me to explain anything so...

carry on.

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 09:26:13 PM »

You enjoy a nice Denny's breakfast and the 68 position?

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 10:26:14 PM »

Geondp comes from long ago used to play a game called "the realm" and my handle was DigitalPunk, then wen i played eq it went Geon (from Dungeon) and the dp just stuck on the end with eveyone calling me dp so it became Geon-dp

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 11:26:28 AM »

Mine is a very long story that I really don't wanna explain for protecting my ass reasons. Basically I did it to taunt someone. This guy was seemingly against anyone thinking for themselves and pretty much told anyone that would argue that they were wrong period. I attempted to come up with a screen name I could kinda hide under and use to trap the fucker yet feel comfortable with (I'm a smartass ya know) cause he was pickin up little girls off the net (I'm not joking). Turns out app 2 weeks after I'd come up with the name and made contact the fucker got arrested on quite a few counts of statutory rape and went to jail where he currently resides. The reason I decided to try to trap him is cause he tried picking up one of my brother's friends one night (online) when me and his son were at a party. The girl was only 15 and they guy was like 48 at the time. Pretty sick.

Anyway I decided I liked Antimind a hella lot better than CowBangeR (don't ask) which was my previous name so it stuck.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 09:42:14 PM »

well my name is Dan and the V and the X are the first and last letters of my last name, and 6 is a number that just sticks out to me so i tacked it on the end

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length