RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:57:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams  (Read 22723 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:29:18 AM »

It is my honor to have been asked by Fleach and SingleBanana to bring you the modern component of our October community playthrough.

Our selection for the month is Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon for the Nintendo Wii.

[img width=250 height=352]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/Fragile_Dreams_US_box_art.jpg/250px-Fragile_Dreams_US_box_art.jpg[/img]

I'm excited about this game for a number of reasons, and I think it will make for a good one-month community playthrough. It supposedly clocks in at under fifteen hours, is easy overall, and fairly common and affordable if you don't already own it.

The game is a single-player RPG/survival horror hybrid released in North America in March of 2010. It was developed by Namco (Tales series) and Tri-Crescendo (Eternal Sonata) and published by XSeed in North America.

The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland in which the main character Seto believes he is the only person alive. It incorporates motion controls for using Seto's flashlight to explore and solve puzzles.

Short trailer (spoiler-free):

Gameplay sample (shows some combat and flashlight use):

Some of us may balk at the game's middling (at best) critical review scores, but I think we have an open-minded user base here. We know, as well rounded gamers, that it is instructive to explore games which evoked mixed opinions from the media and the public.

So let's jump in and see what happens! I have some research yet to do for setting up checkpoints (and possibly some achievements), but for now if you want to play with us your tasks are:

1. Obtain a copy of the game.
2. Let everyone know you're playing!

Thanks everyone!

Participants:
grayghost81
fleach
singlebanana
ericeskapade
douglie007

Checkpoints:
Week one: Make it out of the old mall and obtain PF's screw.
Week two: Enter Room 301 at the Hotel. Watch the cut scene and save your game just outside the room.
Week three: Obtain the Yellow Flower Brooch.
Week four: Obtain the Bird Plushie.
Week five: Complete the game.

Achievements:
1. Collect all 50 memory items.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:37:44 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:23:30 AM »

Excited to hear what you guys think of this one. Its definitely unique!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »

I've been itching to play this game so sign me up!

This is the first time we're running two community playthroughs (Banana's doing the retro one). I hope people jump into that one too.
Spoiler (hover to show)

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »

Put me down to play as well. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

Oh no, I hear crickets chirping...

Please, who else is joining us?

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »

Fucking love this game. Been a personal fave of mine for a few years. Only the combat sucks bad but the rest of the game is fantastic and even a bit scary. Also the bit in the park searching crow can be frustrating. Game is so emotional however it's hard for me to go back. For me personally like films that do this. It's so emotional and sad at times that it maybe still years before  play again. I have not played it since 2011. The game is still with me.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

No Wii have mii

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:35:12 PM »

i'll play if i can find a copy! it sounds interesting.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »

Ryudo, thanks for putting in a good word about the game itself. Stuff like that might help drum up some interest in this playthrough.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »

I hope this Playthrough gets more action. It's pretty quiet in here compared to the Castlevania thread.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »

I hope this Playthrough gets more action. It's pretty quiet in here compared to the Castlevania thread.

Simon's Quest was an awesome choice. I liked messing around with that game as a kid but never came even close to the first body part. It's the perfect game for adult collectors to revisit as a group.

Fragile Dreams on the other hand is completely unknown to most of us.

I don't know. Perhaps the world isn't ready for two games a month? I'd like to go through with it anyway, even if no one joins it'll be a nice dry run I think.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »

The Castlevania series is nostalgic, where as, Fragile Dreams is fairly unknown. I'm excited about playing this one and from all of the reviews I have seen, it will be one of those hidden gems that people discover down the road. I may look for an intro or trailer for this game and possibly revise the post on the front page with it. Others might be more inclined with a visual.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »

I'm super excited for Fragile Dreams. I love games that make you think and the premise of this one sounds awesome. It's been on my radar ever since I got my Wii U so I'm itching to jump into this game.

I really like how well crafted games use the post-apocalypse setting as a way for players to explore the characters.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

I've watched some reviews and it's going to be hard for me to not pop this in this weekend and get started. Are there any achievements possible? When are you guys putting up the first goal?  After watching several trailers, there is very little information regarding the storyline of this game. This is of course, something the developers did on purpose. The reviews of the game are outstanding and it appears to be one of those titles that will forever stay with you.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 11:43:06 AM »

I'm going to work on the checkpoints today and tomorrow and post them asap. Still not sure about achievements but if I can come up with some, I will.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length