RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:06:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 246331 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5970 on: July 31, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »

Most of it was between $4 - $6. I thought about the pinball games, but I just thinned out a bunch of Saturn games from my collection.

yikes man. Those are good prices on CIB Sat games.

Yeah, those prices make me want to cry. I'm seeing $15+ for some of those locally with broken cases.

BUY THEM ALL CAMBOT WE'LL TAKE THEM FROM YOU Smiley

Return Fire
Machine Head
Rise 2: Resurrection
Tunnel B1
Arcade's Greatest Hits: Williams
Thunderstrike 2
Darklight Conflict
Magic Carpet
Star Fighter
A.M.O.K.
Primal Rage
Bug!
Hang-on GP
Off-World Interceptor Extreme
Cyber Speedway
Defcon 5
Scorcher
Tomb Raider
Creature Shock: Special Edition
Grid Runner
Last Gladiators: Digital Pinball
Congo: The Movie: The Lost City of Zinj
Ghen War
Pro-Pinball
Hi-Octane
Crusader: No Remorse
Shellshock
Sega Rally Championship
Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition (small chance of this being the NetLink version)
Scud: The Disposable Assassin
Independence Day
NHL All-Star Hockey
wip3out
Solar Eclipse
Pandemonium!
Shockwave Assault
Cyberia

In the list I identified, Pandemonium and Primal Rage are probably the highlights, yet I'm still missing a good amount of those.

Filled in the holes.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5971 on: July 31, 2013, 06:55:09 PM »

I wish I could find that stuff PERIOD around here, even stuff on the more common end of obscure like Dreamcast is hard to come by here.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5972 on: July 31, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »

the only stores around here i see selling it are usually $5 for the common sports games, and most of the rest are $10-25. i never see any through craigslist type sites
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5973 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »

That is one of the reasons why I sold my Saturn.  I find maybe 2-3 Saturn games a year, and they're always garbage/sports games.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5974 on: July 31, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »

Literally every DC game for sale around here is sports, and forget about finding anymore games for my Jaguar past the ones that came with it.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5975 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:02 PM »

My buddy at the game store picked up a nice haul of import stuff. I came away with these at a good price: Samurai Pizza Cats - $8, Salamander - $8, and Legend of Zelda (post disc system release) - $14. Passed up on Joy Mecha Fight and a few other games I'd like to have, but I'll probably go back in tomorrow anyway:

[img width=700 height=393]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Fami_zps1dd78706.jpg[/img]

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5976 on: July 31, 2013, 11:53:20 PM »

I highly recommend Joy Mecha Fight!
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5977 on: August 01, 2013, 01:34:15 AM »

First off, today it was confirmed that the final package from my 10lb boxes of games from the Play n Trade closure was received.  After about 400 free games sent there isn't much left over, but I may toss some surprises still.  I'm testing all the accessories and extras now.  Glad that everyone appreciates the lots and I'm happy to know they went to collectors and not the trash.  Exactly who is the biggest giver on the site again CC guys?  Cool
To respond to the mention of assisting Crabby's store, for the cost of shipping his way, I'm trying to figure out what left I can send that is worth shipping.  Seriously, sending him a $50 bill might be easier.  What do you still need to stock, Buddy?  I have some really sweet signs, if you want to take a drive.  It'll probably take about 24 hours, or we can meet in Vancouver for a Canucks vs. Ducks game in a few months.  Oh, that's right.  You don't like Hockey.  Err....

And here goes the personal additions.

Craigslist again, for $75:

[img width=700 height=456]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/S7304623_zps17126e9e.jpg[/img]

I'm keeping the Ice Blue Funtastic! console and controllers, California Speed & Paper Mario.  Literally by the time I went to sleep that night I had already sold enough of the lot on eBay to cover the purchase cost, and the remaining sold the next day for profit.  Sorry I didn't offer them on here, but it was a challenge I WOULD ACCEPT.

Thrift Store:

[img width=700 height=692]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/S7304643_zps3dff442f.jpg[/img]

I wouldn't normally buy a bunch of Genesis doubles, but they were $1 each.  The Neverwinter Nights soundtrack is worth a listen, I do believe.

CDWorld:

[img width=700 height=529]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/S7304646_zps3375bcff.jpg[/img]

Retail stuff:

[img width=700 height=783]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/S7304645_zpsb9a44a7c.jpg[/img]

Took minimal advantage of the Gamestop Buy 1 (from our depleted list) and get 1 (from said list) free, when I grabbed Fable III and Ass Ass Ins Creed Revelations. 

From Best Buy, I completed a Box and sealed Mic pickup from the PnT stuff with a DJ Rapstar game for $2.  Yes, I grabbed Steel Diver for the $5, as recommended by Russ.  BUT, and this is why I don't normally enter Best Buy, their register tried to charge me $20.  I had to walk the cashier back and hand her the price divider.  AND I wasn't surprised in the least.  Is it always just me?  Their website also screwed up my preorder of this here item that, to my relief when I had to go find it, was the last one in the store:

[img width=700 height=705]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/S7304641_zps41d3b0af.jpg[/img]

Five Finger Death Punch!  It's game related because Slaughterhouse used one of their songs when you battle your evil self... or something?  I don't care.  They're awesome.  I met the guys a few years ago on a meet and greet during their first tour and they were outrageously cool.  Brother, cousin, and self were the first to ever hand them UFC items to have signed.  [img width=611 height=800]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/S7304651_zpsd4978e94.jpg[/img]
Strange for a band with a song called White Knuckles, but my request to have them sign a baseball for my collection led to some awesome conversation.  Ivan was so personable when I specifically mentioned Twisted Sister and somewhat ignored a few behind me in line, so they'll tell you he's a dick.  Believe me, I've met a lot of bands... oh crap, my bromanse is coming out.  GET THE ALBUM!  K BYE.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:23:26 AM by Techie413 » Logged

RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #5978 on: August 01, 2013, 01:37:34 AM »

Just joined up here based on the suggestion of the Collectorcast crew.  Grin

Thought i'd make my first post count! Some of my finds for the last two weeks:

Starting with a few recent finds at the local game store, got some cool new items and a veeery nice complete long box Resident Evil.
[img width=700 height=933]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg190/Reju1/P1000376_zpscaa6a31f.jpg[/img]

Followed by this yard sale lot I got a week or two ago:

Starting with a PS2 slim, a few controllers and hookups
[img width=700 height=525]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg190/Reju1/P1000377_zps83f16dd7.jpg[/img]

Followed by two N64 systems, one kind of broken and one with a nice expansion pack and hookups for one system
[img width=700 height=525]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg190/Reju1/P1000378_zps7dd3bc32.jpg[/img]

And the final piece of the lot.. Games.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg190/Reju1/P1000380_zpsf0846fc0.jpg[/img]

One piece already sold from the lot is Super Smash Bros which went to a friend.

Total for the yard sale lot was $110.  Cheesy  Not too bad.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5979 on: August 01, 2013, 01:46:23 AM »

Very nice finds, and welcome to the site.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that will immediately notice that Atlus logo in your first pic.  SWEET N64 lot.  That is a collection on it's own.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5980 on: August 01, 2013, 05:51:11 AM »

@Mechblue - Welcome to RFGen!

@Banana - I've never seen that Salamander cart before. It is beautiful! Life Force was one of my favorites growing up.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5981 on: August 01, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »

Just joined up here based on the suggestion of the Collectorcast crew.  Grin

Thought i'd make my first post count! Some of my finds for the last two weeks:

Those are great hauls, Mechblue. You sure make a bang with your first post. Welcome to RF Generation. If you ever spot a Silent Service while hunting, pick it up... It's very rare.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5982 on: August 01, 2013, 07:46:50 AM »

Hey everyone nice hauls! Lots of Nintendo 64 Stuff as of late very nice!! Especially since there is a price hike on some game titles and systems.

@Mechblue - Welcome To RF Generation! 

SO I haven't posted much again as of late...used to be a once or twice a week thing but sadly haven't had the time or money to really get anything huge or large...so I have been selling stuff paying bills and well my brother decided not to tell me what he was getting with eBay credit and with some extra money he had he let me go on to Trade N Games and get some stuff ---odd enough its stuff he wanted as well.  SO I give you:

eBay - Motor City Patrol - CIB - A huge scratch off the list of NES Set Wanted list - this was the surprise game he bought.

Trade N Games - They screwed up on the PS1 game in my order so hopefully they will have this resolved soon not mad as everything else was nice and great.  He let me get Tiny Toon Adventures 2 - CIB to replace our Cart and Manual (had the box back in the day and well read my blog about your mom throwing boxes away) - the box is so minty and we got a Space Shuttle manual to replace the one in our CIB. 

We do have some more stuff on the way working on some trades with some others and my brother bought another CIB NES game we needed and some other little things video game wise he's been wanting...so here is the picture thus far -

[img width=700 height=525]http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/niceguy1283/100_4644_zpsfd4224ce.jpg[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5983 on: August 01, 2013, 07:51:01 AM »

@Banana - I've never seen that Salamander cart before. It is beautiful! Life Force was one of my favorites growing up.

Yeah, it is probably the coolest licensed cart ever officially released. It makes you wonder why no one made any more carts like this. Oh well, leave it to the homebrewers to run with the idea.

Yeah, I know the game. Not an overly exciting title (a fighter with 2 buttons), but it's historic in that it is supposedly the first fighting game released by Nintendo, if you don't count Urban Champion, and was a late release (1993) post-Street Fighter II. Again, not the greatest player, but I'll probably grab it for owning a part of that history alone.

Welcome to RFGen Mechblue! Great first small score post. Enjoy your stay. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5984 on: August 01, 2013, 07:56:34 AM »

Yeah, it is probably the coolest licensed cart ever officially released. It makes you wonder why no one made any more carts like this. Oh well, leave it to the homebrewers to run with the idea.

Yeah, I know the game. Not an overly exciting title (a fighter with 2 buttons), but it's historic in that it is supposedly the first fighting game released by Nintendo, if you don't count Urban Champion, and was a late release (1993) post-Street Fighter II. Again, not the greatest player, but I'll probably grab it for owning a part of that history alone.

Welcome to RFGen Mechblue! Great first small score post. Enjoy your stay. Smiley

Go for it! It's great I love playing the emulator of Joy Mecha..I might be picking up a Repro of it...also that Salamander Cart is so sweet!! Congrats!!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length