RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:51:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1006121 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5160 on: February 03, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »

I bought an NES lot of games from a super sketchy guy at his super sketchy house over the weekend. When I got home, I realized he'd left one of the games out. He told me to come grab it.

So, yesterday I went over there, and he opened the window and handed it out and asked if I wanted to buy any of his other games....I saw Zen Intergalactic Soldier in there, which he said was one of his favorites and he wouldn't sell it (he said he'd sell any of the others for $5). I offered $10, and sketchy dude took the offer. I now have a nice, mint condition copy. Very pumped....albeit moreso rejoiced that I was not murdered.

Great find, I find it funny that he gave you games through his window, like his house is a McDonald's. Great Find, and Good job staying alive out there.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5161 on: February 03, 2015, 02:31:37 PM »

I bought an NES lot of games from a super sketchy guy at his super sketchy house over the weekend. When I got home, I realized he'd left one of the games out. He told me to come grab it.

So, yesterday I went over there, and he opened the window and handed it out and asked if I wanted to buy any of his other games....I saw Zen Intergalactic Soldier in there, which he said was one of his favorites and he wouldn't sell it (he said he'd sell any of the others for $5). I offered $10, and sketchy dude took the offer. I now have a nice, mint condition copy. Very pumped....albeit moreso rejoiced that I was not murdered.

Great find, I find it funny that he gave you games through his window, like his house is a McDonald's. Great Find, and Good job staying alive out there.

Yes. It was definitely...bizarre. I was definitely a bit uncomfortable walking up there....but it worked out I suppose. He is supposed to be contacting me when he goes to his mother's and grabs his other video game stuff. So...I may have found an untapped resource (even if it did mean risking life and limb to find it).
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5162 on: February 03, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

Yes. It was definitely...bizarre. I was definitely a bit uncomfortable walking up there....but it worked out I suppose. He is supposed to be contacting me when he goes to his mother's and grabs his other video game stuff. So...I may have found an untapped resource (even if it did mean risking life and limb to find it).

the things we do for this hobby...i felt the same way when i picked up my sculptor's cut manual, walking through a not so nice area of town with $400 cash in my wallet.
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5163 on: February 03, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

the things we do for this hobby...i felt the same way when i picked up my sculptor's cut manual, walking through a not so nice area of town with $400 cash in my wallet.

A good deal is a good deal haha. Plus, I was able to stop at a game store down the street from his place and picked up Jurassic Park Operation Genesis CIB on the PC for $2.99. I now have every release of that game (the PS2 version is missing the manual), and all were had for less than $5.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5164 on: February 04, 2015, 12:30:35 AM »

Picked these up on Craigslist the last couple of days.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150203_201222_zpscfyi0sca.jpg[/img][img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150203_201255_zpsiswwyryz.jpg[/img]
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5165 on: February 04, 2015, 01:04:53 AM »

2 more today- redvsblue

[img width=615 height=461]http://oi61.tinypic.com/x37pyq.jpg[/img]

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5166 on: February 04, 2015, 01:21:14 AM »

Loved star wars battlefront. Heard they're releasing a new battlefront for Xbox One and PS4

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5167 on: February 04, 2015, 01:44:15 AM »

I remember when they canned it. I didn't know EA bought the rights and actually are producing it. Hell yeah! Now let's work on Timesplitters 4 and KotOR 3. Smiley

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5168 on: February 04, 2015, 09:39:07 AM »

Hey all - A little note I will be on here still but I am taking a hiatus from buying anything for a while I am saving up money to go on vacation in Florida the end of March into the beginning of April.  I will still make post and comment on other peoples grabs so I won't be totally gone..I just won't be posting any scores myself UNLESS I get more stuff in the mail from my friend in Florida or my brother's boss gives him more stuff.

BUT I did get this from our very own ZTHUN - Been wanting it for a while now at Some point I just need BOF I & II on GBA and BOF: Dragon Quarter then I'd have all of those in the set.

Thanks again ZTHUN!

[img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/FThZl9M.jpg[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5169 on: February 04, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »

BOF IV might be one of my favorite covers ever. I know nothing about the game but it looks so cool. Can't wait to play these games someday.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5170 on: February 04, 2015, 10:25:04 AM »

Just got some mail from Zagnorch. Check it out

Now your playing with power!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5171 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »

Picked this stuff up over the week.

Getting closer to my Black Box Grid Sega Genesis Goal, although some of the games I have left are quite pricey.

Always wanted to play Beyond Oasis but never got around to it until now, got it for about average price.

Not pictured is a boxed copy of Rolling Thunder for the NES, I forgot to put it in the picture, box is kinda beat up on the top flap, but pretty cool game, and it is going toward my other goal of completing the NES Tengen Boxed set.

Found this French Game Magazine with Cloud from FF7 on the cover. If anyone is interested in it let me know.

* WP_20150204_001.jpg (376.82 KB, 1279x959 - viewed 177 times.)

* WP_20150131_004.jpg (352.23 KB, 1279x959 - viewed 185 times.)

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5172 on: February 04, 2015, 08:49:34 PM »

I love the label art for rolling thunder. I just got it on sega as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5173 on: February 04, 2015, 09:17:58 PM »

I love the label art for rolling thunder. I just got it on sega as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, that artwork is some of the best. It makes you want to play that game.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5174 on: February 04, 2015, 11:21:26 PM »

Picked this up on Ebay for FREE. ( Read ebay winnings thread )

[img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150204_205909_zpsr5xcqtao.jpg[/img]

Answered an add on Craigslist for a "Nintendo with games" for 75.  I usually don't even bother with these type of ads b/c it's always the same thing, like a NES, SMB/DH and 1-2 other games.   BUT for some reason I looked into it and found out that it was a NES with Zelda CIB, Operation Wolf w/ box and several other games.  Intrigued by the Zelda game I contacted him and offered 60.  He said no b/c Zelda was worth that alone and he was getting a lot of txt for it.  I said OK if it all falls through call me, my offer will stand for several days.  Everyone else backed out and he told me I could have it for 60.
I drove to his house today and was super excited to see the condition of the Zelda game, it is in great condition just missing the map and also saw Excitebike in the bag.  When I got home I opened the Excitebike and found that it was just holding the RF cable. LOL  But that's OK b/c I really just needed the box anyway and it was in great shape.  The other games were dusty but looked to be in good shape other wise.  The NES (not pictured) is dirty but I think after a good cleaning it will be OK.
Sorry for the long post and run-on sentences.    Grin

[img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150204_205207_zpsufm4pqov.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150204_205359_zpscuebivjw.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150204_205445_zpsakg2rpgg.jpg[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length