RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:16:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1006253 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5625 on: April 03, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »

@shoboni
Steelbooks are just awesome. Smiley

I have quite a weakness for them(and special edition stuff in general)

If it's cheap enough I'll buy crap I might ever play just because it's a Steelbook XD.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5626 on: April 03, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »

If it's cheap enough I'll buy crap I might never play just because it's a Steelbook XD.
Sounds just like what I do. Tongue (e.g: This)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:03:58 PM by mumboking » Logged
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5627 on: April 03, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »

If it's cheap enough I'll buy crap I might never play just because it's a Steelbook XD.
Sounds just like what I do. Tongue (e.g: This)

It can be addicting(especially with movies, where you can end up with like five copies of the same thing because all of them have different bonus features).

I have like three copies of Army of Darkness(DVD and Blu-Ray versions of the Screwhead Edition, plus the old Bootleg Special Edition on DVD)

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5628 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

I think I have more versions of the Resident Evil movies. Steelcase FTW.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5629 on: April 03, 2015, 06:09:53 PM »

@ Fokakis - $5 is still not bad!  I hope you get it fixed.

@ Boshamp - Great find with Castlevania!

Yeah, its crazy how much they go for on eBay, even when its untested.

troy78
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5630 on: April 03, 2015, 10:36:17 PM »

@Boshamp Castlevania Bloodlines- great game at an unbelievable deal! Congrats on that pickup!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5631 on: April 04, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »

I got this beauty for $30 from Ebay.  The box and manual aren't in the best condition (pretty bad) but the cart is great!

* IMG_20150404_002508_rewind.jpg (623.65 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 153 times.)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5632 on: April 04, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »

With about 99% of my collection about 1700 miles away from me, I didn't think I'd be doing a lot of "scoring" for the short term future, but I can't escape the temptation of something good on a trading site or anything falling into my lap.

First I grabbed a copy of Eternal Eyes off of 99gamers. I had avoided it because of the critical hatred it has gotten but digging deeper I found it had been criticized for being "too short" and "too easy," and those two knocks against any game are like a siren's song that always draws me to it. Then when I saw a gamefaqs user review entitled 'This horrible game is another....Rhapsody?' I knew I had to have it. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is one of my favorite games of all time. This copy of Eternal Eyes is missing the back cover. I was down with having a disc only copy of the game because of the horrible artwork, but it came with the manual in really nice condition, and what am I gonna do, throw it out? So now I just have an oddity that won't go on the shelf and isn't quite a loose disc that'll end up on a spindle.

[img width=700 height=304]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20150404_082319_209-1_zpsztbajn8y.jpg[/img]

Next up is an almost too good to be true deal I got off 99gamers. I got this Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition and hardcover collector's edition strategy guide (to match my hardcover collector's edition strategy guide from the original game) both together for the credit equivalent of fifteen dollars. They are both in pristine condition too.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20150404_082626_025-1_zpsy9bxhubw.jpg[/img]

And finally the only thing I've gotten that anyone here is going to give a shit about, a coworker of mine told me about six months ago that he had a unidentified Nintendo console somewhere at his mother's house. He thought it was an N64 at first, but after bugging him to remember to grab it for months and months, he finally picked up what turned out to be an NES and brought it to his own house. Then, for weeks upon weeks he was too lazy to tell me what games he had, or to bring it all to work. Finally, yesterday he brought in the toaster, two controllers, and the games pictured below. We had discussed him selling the lot to me in the past but when I finally got to see it, and calmly told him I was interested, he said "Happy Easter" and let me have it all for nothing. Never owned Crash or Darkwing Duck so I was psyched about those. Some of the rest are a good temporary collection that can eventually be traded off. The gold cart is just a Quattro Sports.

[img width=700 height=229]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20150404_083207_781-1_zpspu6u3ayt.jpg[/img]

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5633 on: April 04, 2015, 09:01:53 AM »

And finally the only thing I've gotten that anyone here is going to give a shit about, a coworker of mine told me about six months ago that he had a unidentified Nintendo console somewhere at his mother's house. He thought it was an N64 at first, but after bugging him to remember to grab it for months and months, he finally picked up what turned out to be an NES and brought it to his own house. Then, for weeks upon weeks he was too lazy to tell me what games he had, or to bring it all to work. Finally, yesterday he brought in the toaster, two controllers, and the games pictured below. We had discussed him selling the lot to me in the past but when I finally got to see it, and calmly told him I was interested, he said "Happy Easter" and let me have it all for nothing. Never owned Crash or Darkwing Duck so I was psyched about those. Some of the rest are a good temporary collection that can eventually be traded off. The gold cart is just a Quattro Sports.

[img width=700 height=229]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20150404_083207_781-1_zpspu6u3ayt.jpg[/img]

Is that Bayou Billy on the left?  What's the top cart on the left?  What's under Quattro Sport?  Tailspin?  Awesome find!!

SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5634 on: April 04, 2015, 09:15:21 AM »

Is that Bayou Billy on the left?  What's the top cart on the left?  What's under Quattro Sport?  Tailspin?  Awesome find!!

That Konami silver game is actually Jack Nicklaus. Top cart on the left is Bart v. The World, and yep that's Tailspin under Quattro Sports.

Just cleaned out all the carts and hooked up the system and everything works great! Super psyched!

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5635 on: April 04, 2015, 09:58:32 AM »

Jealous Gray I still need to get Crash myself lol

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5636 on: April 04, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »

Nice, Crash 'n' the Boys: Street Challenge.  I used to have that back in the day and I remember wishing I had a turbo controller. :p

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5637 on: April 04, 2015, 11:39:45 AM »

Got this thing from Goodwill.  I didn't even know they made this!

* IMG_20150404_111706_rewind.jpg (898.69 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 135 times.)

SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5638 on: April 04, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »

Gray, did you forget some of us collect strategy guides, or play X360 games? Vegas is a great game, and I love hardcover strategy guides. The only problem with them is that when I buy them new, my wife doesn't like opening them...

Good score on both accounts, and enjoy Vegas if you haven't yet. It's not quite Fallout 3, but it's an enjoyable ride.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5639 on: April 04, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »

Gray, did you forget some of us collect strategy guides, or play X360 games? Vegas is a great game, and I love hardcover strategy guides. The only problem with them is that when I buy them new, my wife doesn't like opening them...

Good score on both accounts, and enjoy Vegas if you haven't yet. It's not quite Fallout 3, but it's an enjoyable ride.

Yes, pardon my snark. I just know that Nintendo conquers all on these forums. That strat was my favorite score since...the other one I got. They sure will look nice together.

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length