RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:49:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998507 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1995 on: April 17, 2014, 09:57:10 AM »

I thought it had an Attract Mode with 5 balls? Is having 5 balls on the field not possible via normal gameplay?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1996 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »

I thought it had an Attract Mode with 5 balls? Is having 5 balls on the field not possible via normal gameplay?

Hmm...for some reason I had read somewhere that there was only a 4-ball multi potential. Seems there is a 5-ball. Even better. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1997 on: April 17, 2014, 10:22:45 AM »

Out pinned by Shadow, how embarassing Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1998 on: April 17, 2014, 10:36:54 AM »

Well, I DO happen to own this:

...but it was printed in 1977, and talks about the future of pinball and solid state machines.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:39:07 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1999 on: April 17, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

So I got my lot from ebay in today. I'm always happy when stuff comes in early. Condition on these games is amazing. Even the cardboard games are in good shape. A lot of these even have the original receipt in them. I feel sorry for the guy that paid $60 for PGA Tour Golf in 1991.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2000 on: April 17, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

Lmao Shadow

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2001 on: April 17, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »

I had what might be my best find ever today. I learned yesterday that a brand new brick-and-mortar shop opened up in my home city (Minneapolis), and I took some time to check it out today. In addition to having a great selection and very good prices, they had a buy 2 get one free sale on everything in the store. I picked up a handful of cheaper things:

Fun fact - NBA Hangtime was the game that 13-year-old me absolutely HAD to have for Christmas in 1996. It may be just a silly sports game, but it feels amazing to have it again.

Anyway, after driving away mostly happy, I decided to turn around and grab a few more things:

Having money is overrated.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2002 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:01 PM »

I'm seeing MUSHA everywhere now.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2003 on: April 18, 2014, 05:01:54 AM »

Great scores Invader - I'd love to have MUSHA Someday :-( :-)  and yes love the Unl. NES titles! 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2004 on: April 18, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »

Little brother and I went out for lunch and hit a couple thrift stores..nothing big except for a Sealed Mega Man X Collection.  And yes more PC games..mostly a $1 to $3. Everything is CIB except for well of course the Tiger Handheld.  I just wish I could find more of these.   

Salvation Army -
*Sub Wars - Tiger Hand Held - $1.00
*Microsoft Golf - $2.00 (not a clue why)
*Axis & Allies - SEALED - $1.00
*To Serve and Command - SEALED - $1.00
*Warlords III: Reign of Heroes - $1.00

Goodwill -
*Mickey's 123's & ABC's - Both $2.99 A piece

Game On -
*Mega Man X Collection - SEALED - $20.00
*Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage - Prima Guide - $5.00
*Castlevania 64 - Bradygames Guide - $5.00
*Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Prima - $5.00

Bleep bleep bleep that's all folks!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2005 on: April 18, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »

I used some more store credit to get these CD Tradepost games for free today. Then I made use of Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 sale for preowned games under $20 to get some PS3 games I've been wanting. Also, I had to start double stacking my Genesis and Master System shelf, move my Sega CD games down, and move my Dreamcast games onto a neglected CD rack I found and cleaned up.

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2006 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »

Nice Sirpsycho! Just went to my CD Tradepost..they had nothing that great to buy especially with the 30% off for members.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2007 on: April 18, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »

Always like to see the Sega Genesis Love, and in the case of Musha, Big Love

here are my updates with pics. I already talked about Fear Effect, but the rest I haven't

Got Chef's Luv Shack and Rainbow Six for super cheap
Dr jeckyll and Mr Hyde CIB which I got for an okay deal on Ebay, I think. Is 20 bucks a good deal, but I though it was. Oh and guys, the game isn't that bad.
V for Victory CIB for a couple bucks here's looking at you Gamernick   
Cold Fear I got for 3.00, heard this one was pretty good.
Dash Galaxy off ebay, but in the process of being shipped the cart broke. Got a complete refund, but I am  not keeping it, so if you by an item from my for sale thread, I will throw it in the box for free.

Traded in a bunch of board games I wasn't playing and didn't want anymore,  at a game/toy store, and picked up the following:
Karnov
Ex-Mutants
Dinosaurs for Hire

* tmp_WP_20140418_003 (1)1602195771.jpg (310.27 KB, 1278x720 - viewed 214 times.)

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2008 on: April 19, 2014, 02:16:49 AM »

Hey now, everybody. I tried again to post the prior week's scores as a blog, but it won't let me, so here you go.

Zagnorch Productions

in association with

presents

SEVEN-DAY SCORE CARD:
THERE'S A PROMOTIONAL JEDI
SKYLANDER DANCE PARTY IN MY POCKET

(Week of 7 April to 12 April 2014)

Brought to you by...

Nupoile's Number Crunchers Cereal
They're Arithmetically Delicious!

Aaaand ACTION!

Monday 7 April: Just a couple pickups today, including a CIB Operations Snowblind for $1.99, and CIB Kinect Star Wars-- which is the only reason to own a Kinect as far as I'm concerned-- for $5.99

I can't wait to get to the Han Solo carbonite chamber dance number!

Speaking of Kinect Star Wars: here's the Clueless Gamer's take on the deal...

This is so stupid! Why am I doing this?!

Tuesday 8 April Jack Diddley.

Wednesday 9 April Now this is more like it! One stop yielded two Game Boy Pockets and a Game Boy Color, along with Bomberman GB, Mario Tennis, and Pokemon Red Version carts for $24.00.

Elsewhere, for $3.99 a pop, I picked up the CIB PSP games Coded Arms, Bust-A-Move Deluxe, and Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, as well as the CIB PS2 titles Unreal Tournament, Maximo vs. Army of Zin, Warriors of Might & Magic, and Rune, Viking Warlord, and topped it off with CIB Ninja Gaiden Black for the XBox.

And yet elsewhere I found a CIB Marvel Ultimate Alliance / Forza 2 Motorsport combo pack for 360, which set me back all of $2.00.

Thursday 10 April: Savers yielded a few things of interest, including a Radio Shack Pac-Man handheld LCD game for $2.99 $2.09, as well as an SNES power cable, also for $2.99 $2.09. Finally, I added yet another retro computer to my stack when I discovered a Timex Sinclair 1500 keyboard unit for $1.99 $1.39, from the same place where I found a bare Sinclair 1000. Now if only I could find some hook-ups for them...

In case you care: Sinclair 1500 and Sinclair 1000 side-by-side

Friday 11 April: Did a little one-stop shopping at Savers today. I came away with three PlayStation 2 case holders and three-pack of promotional spiral PS3 notebooks-- Two Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and a Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction-- for $2.99 $2.09 each. Also down to $2.09 from $2.99 each were Prima guides for Doom 3, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, and Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (no poster). I ended the spree with a cassette carrying case that I will be using to store my C64 datasette games... as soon as I find some.

Saturday 12 April: Got back into the Skylanders swing of things as I took advantage of the last day of Toys-R-Us' Buy-1-Get-1-Half-Off sale. I picked up the Swap Force Sheep Wreck Island adventure set and Arkeyan Crossbow battle set, Series 3 Whirlwind, and Trap Shadow. Trap Shadow was of particular interest to me ‘cuz I dug his keep-it-quiet gesture, and I was curious to see if his trap accessory was jointed.

Be vewy, vewy quiet... I'm hunting Kaos minions.

Oh, and I finally picked up a Giants Scarlet Ninjini, as well as a half-priced Coliseum display shelf.

Up next was a Goodwill I usually avoid, 'cuz it rarely ever has decently priced games. This time was different as I walked in while an employee was filing away a whole ton o' stuff for PS2 and GameCube. For just $1.99 each, I grabbed Mario Party 6, Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams, and Army Men RTS on GameCube. An additional $5.99 got me a Halo ODST / Forza Motorsport 3 double pack for the 360.

Then it was back to the Savers, where, along with a bask ish of GamePro and one of Computer GamingWorld, as well as a black Wiimote, I discovered even more promotional PlayStation tchotchkes, including two packs of PlayStation gift wrap paper, a block of eighty-some-odd PS3 Play Beyond bumper stickers, six bagged PSP sleeves, four Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow mini spiral notebooks, and about sixty PS3 Play Beyond letter openers.

Looks like you're all getting a bumper sticker and a letter opener for Christmas this year... whether you want them or not. You have no choice in the matter whatsoever.

Home Stretch: Now it's time for everybody's favorite part: the big non-vidya scores of the week. And boy, what a haul it was. First up was an almost complete boxed Fortress America MB GameMaster series strategy game, with just a few of the dice missing, for $2.09. For $1.39, I discovered a pretty solid X-Shot XCess double-barrel dart gun that could be Nerf's best competitor yet. Speaking of which: I grabbed an N-Strike Elite Retaliator rifle for just $2.00. I also discovered a complete boxed TI-84 Plus Silver graphing calculator for just $40.00. Finishing off the first batch of scores was $100 that one of my aunts sent me as a belated birthday present. Yes, people, I still get money from aunts on my birthday and Christmas. I don't understand it, myself... but I'm not complainin', either.

But that's not all; I've been branching out into other electronic gizmos, including a complete boxed Cronus 3-S LED stopwatch, a Casio ST-1 stopwatch-calculator, a Casio SL-750 Film Card calculator, a Radio Shack EC-4020 scientific calculator, and a Sabine Zipbeat electronic metronome.

Until next week,

'Late
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:53:42 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2009 on: April 19, 2014, 05:23:12 AM »

Nice Scores Mr. Norch.  Like the Pac-Man handheld.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length