RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998310 times)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2070 on: April 25, 2014, 01:22:30 AM »

Ooh nice, pre-NES Tetris. I'd love to get my mitts one of those. (As well as the Tengen one)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2071 on: April 25, 2014, 01:45:01 AM »

Ooh nice, pre-NES Tetris. I'd love to get my mitts one of those. (As well as the Tengen one)

Second on the Tengen - Sadly I want one CIB. I remember playing on my Aunt and Uncles PC the pre-nes Tetris and Wheel of Fortune.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2072 on: April 25, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »

Just a small score.  I picked this cabinet of happiness up this morning for $250.  To steal a line from American Beauty, "It's the game that I've always wanted, and now I have it.  I rule!"

Nice score! Such a great cab. I know that the guy who owns the arcade near often swaps out the boards and marquees on his machines. I'm not sure if this is possible in a dedicated TMNT machine, but might be worth looking into. There are some great 4-player Konami beat 'em ups out there, such as X-Men, the Simpsons, Metamorphic Force, etc.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2073 on: April 25, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »

Just a small score.  I picked this cabinet of happiness up this morning for $250.  To steal a line from American Beauty, "It's the game that I've always wanted, and now I have it.  I rule!"

Oh man, I would love to have one of those.  $250 is a steal.  I just saw one on Craigslist for 10x that amount.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2074 on: April 25, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »

Nice TMNT!!!

@Banana - I havn't swapped the board out in mine, but apparently its an easy switch with Simpsons, Sunset Riders and Captain America and the Avengers. Not sure about any others though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2075 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »

I believe X-Men and maybe a few others have 3 buttons (a 3rd for the special) instead of the two used in TMNT, so this may not work. Again, I know nothing about arcade cabs.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2076 on: April 25, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »

Simpsons may work. I think it only has two buttons.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2077 on: April 25, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »

Thanks for the great ideas, guys. 

Relax, I can fix it.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2078 on: April 25, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »

Another good week for me regarding scores.

Killer is Dead from the GameFly sale. Vandal Hearts and Super Star Wars from ebay (I ordered Super Empire as well but it hasn't shown up yet). Castlevania from Leaptrade and I'm officially done collecting NES unless any of the Dragon Warrior sequels fall into my lap. Lastly the frivolous purchase of the week is SMT IV (I still don't have a 3DS). I grabbed it off Amazon when the price hit $30 when I read that some people were still receiving the collector's edition. I was jazzed when I saw a big amazon box stuck in my screen door. Then I found the standard version of the game in that box and I kind of laughed at myself thinking about the folks here who had their CE Bravely Defaults get smashed because they weren't in a box. WTF Amazon?

Anyway, then this happened:

All three .hack GU's, from the same user on leaptrade. And they look damn nice with their cousins all together on the shelf:

Have a nice weekend friends!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2079 on: April 25, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »

I still don't have Killer is Dead, and I love Suda games. Nice items there!

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2080 on: April 25, 2014, 09:27:38 PM »

That's bananas.  Nice

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2081 on: April 26, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

I had a $5 coupon for ebay and had just sold some stuff, so I decided to add this to my Suikoden collection. Other than the EB sticker its near mint.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2082 on: April 26, 2014, 02:38:22 PM »

@psycho Sweet guide! Love that cover art.

Hey, remember how I said yesterday that I was just waiting for Super Empire Strikes Back to complete the trilogy? Well, here it is!

Thanks, moron.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2083 on: April 26, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »

Hey now,

@psycho Sweet guide! Love that cover art.

Hey, remember how I said yesterday that I was just waiting for Super Empire Strikes Back to complete the trilogy? Well, here it is!

Thanks, moron.

Well, that sucks. You know what else sucks: I had an extra copy of Super Empire until a couple weeks ago. If I'd have known you were looking for it, I coulda saved you some frustration. Them's the breaks some times.

None the less, I'll keep an eye out for ya; it tends to pop up whenever I see a stack of SNES titles.

BTW is there a particular variant of Super Empire that you're looking for? There are at least three different North American versions, according to the database:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-044-S-05990-A

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-044-S-05991-A

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-044-S-05992-A

Let me know...

-'Late
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2084 on: April 26, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »

First Vita game and I don't even have my Vita yet.  Couldn't pass it up for $15

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 400 Print