RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:01:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206523 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »

Happy to have you aboard.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »

Happy to have you aboard.

I especially love the retro stuff.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »

To continue with the old DKC playthroughs, how about a DKC Tropical Freeze one?!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2014, 06:47:55 AM »

To continue with the old DKC playthroughs, how about a DKC Tropical Freeze one?!

I would think a few more people need to get a copy first.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2014, 06:56:14 AM »

Maybe for a shmup playthrough, multiple game choices could be offered. Sort of like the Atari one that we just had a few months back. Do two a week, or give the choice between one of two per week, and high scores. By doing the choice of one of two, it would give gamers more options/possibilities of owning/playing at least ONE of the games every week.

Also, I sort of made a joke in another thread about an Earthbound playthrough. There was a big hype for a Suikoden playthrough (and subsequent Suikoden II playthrough) so why not Earthbound? Now I realize that Earthbound is NOT a cheap game (I just had to dish out a days pay for my copy) but it would appear that twice as many members on here own it, than those that own Suikoden II, AND it's downloadable on the WiiU! The only thing that might bar it I suppose, would be length.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:02:25 AM by EngineerMike » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2014, 07:25:31 AM »

Any suggestions for shoot 'em ups?

An Earthbound playthrough could be fun. The game is beatable in a month to six weeks so it's a decent candidate. I'd say the rest of RFGen should weigh in this suggestion.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2014, 08:00:19 AM »

Maybe for a shmup playthrough, multiple game choices could be offered. Sort of like the Atari one that we just had a few months back. Do two a week, or give the choice between one of two per week, and high scores. By doing the choice of one of two, it would give gamers more options/possibilities of owning/playing at least ONE of the games every week.

The only issue I see with choosing between "one of two per week" is figuring out high scores per week, since each games scores and plays differently. The format would probably go something like this:

Week 1 - shmup #1
Week 2 - shmup #2
Week 3 - shmup #3
Week 4 - shmup #4 + royal rumble

Any suggestions for shoot 'em ups?

I don't necessarily want to limit it to one console, but if I do, it will be the Genesis. It's been a while since we have played games on this system and there are some incredible shmups on it. I'd certainly be up for suggestions and would even consider putting those suggestions up for vote in November so participants can determine what we play. Again, suggestions need to be on the affordable side (I'd say under $10-$15 ) because some participants may have to purchase 4 games.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »

It's been a while since we have played games on this system

forgot beyond oasis already? laugh
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »

It's been a while since we have played games on this system

forgot beyond oasis already? laugh

Beyond O-What-sis???
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:42:24 PM by singlebanana » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »

Rather not have it limited to one console either. In fact, I think it would be kinda cool to do a different console every week. So say week one could be eg: NES Gradius, week 2: TG16- Hyperdyne, week3: Genesis- Truxton, week4: SNES- Darius Twin

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »

NES, Genesis, and SNES sure. I don't think we have enough members who own a TG16 to make that a viable platform for a competition. I think that would probably rule a lot of people out from competing.

I'd like to play Truxton, but the price of that game has really been climbing as of late

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »

Yeah, I don't even own Truxton. Was just throwing it out there as an example. Going over my collection, these are shmups I own, that I like, and would suggest: (SMS) Astro Warrior, (NES, FC) Gradius, (TG16) Dragon Spirit, (SMS) R-type, (GEN) Thunder Force II.

I would like to hear others suggestions as well, and think a poll in November would be a good idea. Give a guy a chance to try and snap up games to be all in.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:35:59 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »

Yeah, I don't even own Truxton. Was just throwing it out there as an example. Going over my collection, these are shmups I own, that I like, and would suggest: (SMS) Astro Warrior, (NES, FC) Gradius, (TG16) Dragon Spirit, (SMS) R-type, (GEN) Thunder Force II.

I would like to hear others suggestions as well, and think a poll in November would be a good idea. Give a guy a chance to try and snap up games to be all in.

Good suggestions. I'd say we might need to stick to the Genesis, NES, and SNES, since those are systems that most of our members have.  Dragon Spirit is also on the NES and a great little shooter on there as well. I'd also suggest that we maybe mix it up in terms of not having all space shooters. Games like Phelios, Elemental Master, and Wings of Wor are fantastic shooters that are not in the traditional space shooter style.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »

Saturn and PS1 have excellent shooter libraries as well.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

Saturn and PS1 have excellent shooter libraries as well.

Good point. Again, not sure many of our members own Saturns, but PS1 could work if titles were affordable. Could be kind of fun to do a game from NES, Genesis, SNES, and PS1 for each week.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length