RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 07:05:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 210147 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »

SMB would make a good playthrough, but I think it is rather short for dedicating an entire month. Might I suggest a month of SMB, SMB2, and SMB3. What are thoughts on that?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »

@singlebanana: Sounds good to me.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »

@JerryGreenwood: You can call me out. I agree with the accidental hover and have removed the pictures in question.

As far as a Retro suggestion goes I suggest Super Mario Brothers. I know lots of people have played it but how many have beaten it?
Thanks. I was trying to think of a delicate way to say it.

As for SMB, now that I'm thinking about it, I've probably only beaten it once in my life, which sounds strange to say. I'd be all for SMB as well as 2 and 3. The question is, would SMB All-Stars be allowed? Those save files make the games a lot easier which would be a big difference.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »

I think that the more platforms we can have where more people can participate the better. Since it's not a competition, I see no reason why All-Stars shouldn't be allowed. With four weeks, we could posibly include Lost Worlds as a bonus. Smiley 

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2014, 01:52:20 PM »

Achievements could include: turtle tapping, minus world, no warps, and other such nonsense. Tongue

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »

I'd be all for the original SMB games.  I've actually never beaten the first two, and SMB 3 is one of my favorite (if not my top favorite) NES games.  Hell, I'd like to play through Super Mario World also since I've never beaten that one either.  Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »

SMB World is a much longer game that could actually take up an entire month. I'd like to do that one sometime as well.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »

i like the SMB idea too, but not so sure about all-stars as if you've played both versions there's a noticeable different in the feel of the controls. personally i can't play the all-stars version because my timing on everything feels different than the original.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »

Don't know if it's been suggested for Modern yet but, either Dragon's Dogma or Dark Arisen? I own both but have never played. They might be too long though..

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »

A two-monther is a possibility. We've done it before.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »

I'd be up for it.  I considered suggesting Dragon's Dogma in my earlier post but knew that the length would be an issue.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »

If you guys are up to something like Dragon's Dogma, how do you feel about Mass Effect? Or, if you really want to challenge yourselves, Dark Souls.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »

I'm up for pretty much anything.  Played and enjoyed ME 2 & 3, so I've been wanting to go back and play the first one at some point.  Dark Souls is also on my 'to play' list.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »

We just did PlayStation so I don't expect it anytime soon, but how about Alundra? I just got it and I've heard great things.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »

I've never played it and don't know the game. Just looked up the price and it's fairly affordable (around $30). I'll put it on the list we keep and we'll look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length