RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:54:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 3DO Controller Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3DO Controller Question  (Read 882 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

Hey all. I bought a 3DO Controller, but after I bought it, I noticed that it was from Japan, which leads me to my question: Will it work on an NTSC-U 3DO? I ask this because I know 3DO Controllers use a voltage kind of thing, which is why Genesis Controllers won't work on it, and will fry it in fact. Here's the controller in question:

[img width=447 height=413]http://nfgcontrols.com/grafx/Capcom-pad-3DO.jpg[/img]

NOTE: I know I've posted this question on 3 Different Forums now, but I can't find an answer anywhere. :/

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 03:57:07 PM »

That controller was released here in the US as well, though it looks like it was obliterated out of the DB after I added it and associated pictures. It's one of the few 6-button controllers that were released here in the US for the 3DO.

AngelaFoil
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »

Hardware and software made in any part of the globe work on NTSC-U, so you do not have to worry about it at all.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

Hardware and software made in any part of the globe work on NTSC-U, so you do not have to worry about it at all.

i could see that for a controller or accessory, and software if the system is region-free. the system itself would definitely not work in NA if it was from the PAL regions though (europe, australia, etc). you would need a converter of some kind for the power, and for the video output.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length