RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:11:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 18 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 18  (Read 17427 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »

Some more Famicom as well, if you please.

Twist my arm.

Also, I found it hilarious when Bil said something like "Me and Duke are having a baby", but neither of you caught it. I think you needed a pause or something in the way you said it so it didn't sound like the two of you were having a baby together.

No, I think it was very clear. Bil is having my love child.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »

Best.  Collectorcast.  Ever.

And just for the record, I was collecting for the mighty 32x before it was cool.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 01:59:02 AM »

Best.  Collectorcast.  Ever.

And just for the record, I was collecting for the mighty 32x before it was cool.

You do realize that 32x collecting is still in that "before" stage, right?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 06:30:55 AM »

Great show, you guys can make even the 32x seem interesting. The Game Sack guys did a video on the 32x a few weeks back where they covered every game. Makes a nice companion piece to this show if anyone is interested:

Crab, the radio spot was awesome. I really wish it was feasible for me to visit your store. Sounds like an awesome place.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »

It sounds like you happen to live in the dead center of thrifting heaven, Zag. I think I would flip over one decent one anywhere nearby. I wonder why yours don't do the online auction stuff like mine do?

I don't know if they do eBay, but they do sell stuff on Amazon Marketplace.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...DER&me=A2E0CHYEXDW1VC

I just found this out when I ordered my Shadow the Hedgehog strat from them. Oh sure, I go through half of their stores in a week and I can't get it there, but they can see fit to offer it online! I only wish there was a way I could pick it up, instead of them shipping it to me. Would save me a bit on postage, that's for sure.

knew it wouldn't take too long for the Total Recall girl to show up. Here is my question to everyone. Third one added, or all three prosthetic?

All I know is, the only other thing I saw her in was the episode of NextGen that introduced the Borg. Her character was notable for spilling hot cocoa on Picard.

Just judging from the pic above: most likely all three were prosthetic. Not much IRL motorboating potential there...

I tell ya, though, you two and I seem to share a real appreciation for Paul Verhoeven's most notable sci-fi works. I think he cuts some of the best commentary tracks for his movies. He's like most movie directors; he takes his work far more seriously than he should. His brashness also has a weird charm, so unlike Quentin Tarantino, who is so smarmy that I'll need to really resist the urge to punch him in the face, should i ever meet him in person.

I also dig Verhoeven's lively conversational style, which keeps me hanging on every word he says. He also possesses an earnestness and sincerity that reminds me of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Ed Wood. Which would explain why Verhoeven seemed completely puzzled at the legendary failure of Showgirls. IIRC, he went to that year's Razzies in person to pick up all the "awards" it won.

Oh, and Bil: all I saw of the new Total Recall were a couple trailers, and I was left with the impression that they were taking things far too seriously in that film... which was the diametric opposite of the original.

I got the same serious-business from the trailer for the upcoming RoboCop remake. The original was over-the-top and had lots of satirical elements, while this one appears to be played far more straitlaced. It doesn't help that every attempt  to continue the RoboCop mythos, be it sequels, TV and cartoon series, or that silly cheapie direct-to-video miniseries, have all fallen well short of matching the original film. I've also heard rumors that the remake is aiming for a PG-13 rating, which is yet another example of missing the point. And don't get me started on the title character's look, which is basically what KITT from Knight Rider would look like if he were a Cylon. And finally: his right hand is his actual, flesh-and-bone hand! Yeah, I think I'll wait 'till it hits the RedBox... most likely a month after it releases in theaters.

Yeah, we could go on half a day about Mr. Verhoeven and his works, you two and I...

...but then it'd eventually shift to you two talking about your kids-- both present and upcoming-- which is when I'd have to bail for fear of catching your wuss-cooties.

http://www.youtube.com/em...g?start=2376&end=2380

I can't say anything much about ICP. I have really never listened to any of their music. I have a younger friend that was really into them way back. I do listen to an odd mix of music, so who knows, maybe it would fit in?

I dig most of their stuff from the early to mid 90s as well as their Juggalo Championshit Wrestling presentations. And Raze has shown me a few videos of their more recent work that I found entertaining. It's lowbrow and low-rent, but oddly compelling to me. I also find their talk about their f'ed up personal lives interesting, like the time they got beat up so badly that they messed their pants.

I've never watched Showgirls, either. That is a pretty fancy boxed set to be sure, but I didn't hear good things about it. That and they cast the wrong Saved by the Bell girl.

I've watched Showgirls by itself, and it was the diametric opposite of sexy to me. Quite the contrary, it really skeeved me out. But after watching it while listening to the Schmader commentary track, I gained a new appreciation for this guilty pleasure as he added context and oddball trivia facts to the deal as he goofed on the whole deal.

And funny you should mention the miscasting of Elizabeth Berkley, 'cuz that's just part of the appeal according to Schmader, who has stated that ”Showgirls triumphs in that every single person involved in the making of the film is making the worst possible decision at every possible time.”

Okay, that's quite enough of Verhoeven-fest 2013--

Oh my God! We should totally actually do that! Yeah, an annual convention/film festival centered on the works of Paul Verhoeven! Kickstarter, here I come! Anybody else want in on this?!

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

It's awesome to hear how well Crabby's store seems to be doing. It can be hard to get a small business off the ground (or well, I'm assuming it's hard), and he sounds like he's off to a great start.

I'm pretty sure if I had a 32X where my Genesis is, I wouldn't actually be able to fit any games on it. Can't say I've ever bee interested in getting one, but I'll admit that I've been tempted thanks "36 Great Holes," which has the best title for a golf game ever.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »

I'm pretty sure if I had a 32X where my Genesis is, I wouldn't actually be able to fit any games on it. Can't say I've ever bee interested in getting one, but I'll admit that I've been tempted thanks "36 Great Holes," which has the best title for a golf game ever.

I finally broke down and bought one just so I could play my copies of Zaxxon Motherbase 2000 and Star Wars Arcade. Though mostly for Zaxxon Motherbase 2000. Because Zaxxon. No other reason needed.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 09:51:10 AM »

That, and because Star Wars is pretty lame.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »

That, and because Star Wars is pretty lame.

I like Star Wars Arcade all right, myself. I will admit, however, that it didn't quite meet my expectations. No big, though, since I managed to get it cheap...
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 12:11:06 PM »

Hey guys just finished listening to episode 18. Good stuff. Enjoyed Crabbies interview at the end too. I enjoyed all the Sega backstory stuff. I remember getting my 32x at a Pawn Shop near my house with Doom and Star Wars. Had a good time with it. I never did get a Saturn though.

Now your playing with power!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »

You should get a Saturn. There are a lot of really good, exclusive titles.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »

You should get a Saturn. There are a lot of really good, exclusive titles.

So many good exclusives. Lots of them are relatively pricey though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 08:30:25 PM »

The prices of games is the only thing that deters me from collecting for the Saturn. Otherwise I'd love to get some of those games.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »

We have a few games at the store. I did try out Knights Christmas special.

Now your playing with power!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 06:04:46 PM »

We have a few games at the store. I did try out Knights Christmas special.

I've got that one. Nights is a pretty interesting game. Even though I've played it a bit, I still don't exactly understand the controls.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length