RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:04:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Interesting Kickstarter Campaign Relating to Classic Gaming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Interesting Kickstarter Campaign Relating to Classic Gaming  (Read 824 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: November 09, 2013, 02:54:36 PM »

http://www.kickstarter.co...vanamo-online-game-museum

Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »

Thid guy is an awesome photographer and his credentials are super legit. That being said I think its rediculous people would give him money to buy as many systems as he can. This campaign and a few others have inspired me and some friends. We have been brainstorming to come up with somthing so stupid and outlandish that people will want to see the outcome of the kickstarter. Its basically free money. So much stuff on kickstarter just makes me shake my head.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:17:02 PM by Dergatron9000 » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »

You mean like the one that Joe from Digital Press and a couple of the better known names in collecting ran to collect $50,000+ to purchase hardware and software to "possibly" put into a museum, provided the museum idea panned out? They made no guarantees that the items purchased would end up in the museum - just the hope that they could eventually get a museum put together with the stuff they gathered.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »

We should start a Kickstarter to build a website to catalog your video game collection and submit pictures of everything for everyone to use for free. It could even have a message board system and an IRC chat room. Maybe if people gave enough, we could do a podcast.

Oh, wait...

Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 03:46:50 AM »

http://www.kickstarter.co...the-universal-larp-system

This one made me laugh. "Contact safe larping" no thank you! I like a lil blood with my larping

Did the digital press kickstarter get funded? That seems suuuuuuuuper shady.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:50:54 AM by Dergatron9000 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length