RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:49:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January Retro Poll 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which N64 (or other) game would you like to play for the January Retro Community Playthrough?
Conker's Bad Fur Day   -3 (13%)
Goemon's Great Adventure   -3 (13%)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask   -3 (13%)
Mischief Makers   -5 (21.7%)
Paper Mario   -4 (17.4%)
Other (comment below with suggestion)   -5 (21.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: January Retro Poll  (Read 5779 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 04:30:27 AM »

ogre battle is one i'm very interested in playing too, but if the save file from the previous owner of my copy is anything to go by, that's an extremely long game for n64...could need 2 months like super mario rpg.

edit: oh wait you didn't specify, which ogre battle are we talking about? i've got n64 on the brain and assumed that one but remembered that it's not the only one.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 10:52:15 AM »

I voted other. I don't own a N64 and my friend who does own one doesn't own any of those games.

My vote will always go to Phantasy Star on SMS.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »

ogre battle is one i'm very interested in playing too, but if the save file from the previous owner of my copy is anything to go by, that's an extremely long game for n64...could need 2 months like super mario rpg.

edit: oh wait you didn't specify, which ogre battle are we talking about? i've got n64 on the brain and assumed that one but remembered that it's not the only one.
Ogre Battle 64: Persons of Lordly Caliber, I picked it because it's also available on VC as well.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »

Ogre Battle 64 has multiple endings. I spent 4 days straight as a kid trying to beat that game as a rental, only to return it just before the ending. Expect to put ~50 hours into it.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 11:31:39 AM »

I voted other. I don't own a N64 and my friend who does own one doesn't own any of those games.

My vote will always go to Phantasy Star on SMS.

I wholly support Dezorian on this. And if you dont have an SMS, get the Sonic Genesis Collection and get a friend to help beat the first level of Sonic 2. This unlocks the SMS Phantasy Star on the disc.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 03:10:19 PM »

Ogre Battle 64 has multiple endings. I spent 4 days straight as a kid trying to beat that game as a rental, only to return it just before the ending. Expect to put ~50 hours into it.

that's about how many hours were on the file on my copy

@mike that's good to know about the genesis collection
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:12:55 PM by techwizard » Logged
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 01:01:58 AM »

@Dezorian and EngineerMike, singlebanana and I were talking and we decided that to keep some sort of focus on what's being voted on for this playthrough specifically, we'd like to limit it to N64 games only. Phantasy Star is a great playthrough choice and we'll definitely keep it in mind for the next SEGA month. If you'd like to re-cast your second vote for an N64 title, that's perfectly okay with us.

Also this hasn't come up yet but to clarify in case anyone didn't realize, the "other" option having the same number of votes as mischief makers right now doesn't mean that "other" is winning. The winning title is still determined by specifically which game has the most votes, so right now the highest voted "other" suggestion has only 2 votes, even though the "other" option in the poll choices says 5 total.

Last note is on the time left to vote, it's set to automatically close the poll on Saturday...it doesn't give me very precise choices, only "[blank] number of days to run poll". That could mean it ends at 00:00 Saturday morning (midnight friday), or it could go all the way to 23:59 Saturday night, I'm not exactly sure. So anticipate the polls to close Friday night to be safe, and try to vote before then if you haven't yet!
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »

voting is closed and we have a tie! as it's clear the community would be happy with either Mischief Makers or Paper Mario i'm going to leave it to the other community playthrough hosts and myself to break the tie.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length