RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:45:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker  (Read 27532 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »

You did better than me Fleach! I made it to the forsaken fortress, got caught twice then turned it off for the night. I hope I have the patience after work tonight to get further ahead.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »

made it to windfall last night. Not leaving without that new sail!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »

made it to windfall last night. Not leaving without that new sail!

The Swift Sail? As far as I know,

Spoiler (hover to show)

Happy sailing!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
MrUnoriginal
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »

Made it to Windfall and got a little overwhelmed with the possible side quests and quit for the night. I spent a bit of time with the battleship game and got really lucky with a hi score of 13. Splooosh...
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 03:26:02 PM »

May be a bit late but I'm interested in this playthrough
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »

Never too late to join. I'll add you to the participants list.

Made it to Windfall and got a little overwhelmed with the possible side quests and quit for the night. I spent a bit of time with the battleship game and got really lucky with a hi score of 13. Splooosh...

That looks like an Achievement to me. Congrats! You probably also won a heart piece, right?

MrUnoriginal
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 04:01:10 PM »

Yeah you get a heart piece and a treasure map. It was one of those times where you say: 'one more try then I give up' and that's where I got the great score.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »

I just got into the game this evening. We had a snow day here in The Devil's Asshole (Northern New Jersey) so I was able to finish what I was previously playing (Saint's Row IV) and break out the Wavebird (so sweet!) and rock the Wind Waker.

I'm in the Forsaken Fortress right now. I kept getting caught so I took a break but I may go back tonight, if not I plan to put in a lot of time over the weekend. I like the game so far, the mechanics just take a little getting used to, especially for someone who has never played a Zelda game before.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:48:28 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »

Got through the Forsaken Fortress and hit up Windfall Island. Released Tingle and also got the camera. I played battleship a few times but couldn't win. 

I had a bit of a rough time with the Forsaken Fortress. I don't typically play games like this so I had some trouble and frustration as far as constantly being lost or not knowing what to do next. I took way too long because I was trying not to use a walkthrough. Now, screw it, I'm going to use a walkthrough if I need one. I'd rather lean on one if I need it than get frustrated and abandon the game.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »

Made it to Dragon Roost last night. Plan on beating the first dungeon then acquiring the swift sail tonight.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 07:24:51 PM »

Really enjoying this game (although the Forest Temple Forbidden Forest was a pain), and the HD remake is beautiful.  I haven't played the GCN version, so it's all new to me.

Where I'm up to:
Spoiler (hover to show)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »

I had a bit of a rough time with the Forsaken Fortress. I don't typically play games like this so I had some trouble and frustration as far as constantly being lost or not knowing what to do next. I took way too long because I was trying not to use a walkthrough. Now, screw it, I'm going to use a walkthrough if I need one. I'd rather lean on one if I need it than get frustrated and abandon the game.

You shouldn't need a guide for this game except for maybe the secrets and side quests. Sometimes you also have to talk to people twice to get a side quest from them.

As for the main game talk to everyone, and when you're in a dungeon try to find the map first before traversing too far.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »

Last night I beat Dragon Roost Cavern and went back to Windfall Island to get the Swift Sail, but the auction house kept putting Joy Pendants up so I gave up and went to the Battleship mini-game guy and won using only 23 cannons twice to get the heart piece and a treasure map.

How is everyone doing? Ghost, are you starting to grasp the game style and mechanics?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

Ghost, are you starting to grasp the game style and mechanics?

In going through the Dragon Roost Cavern certain things started clicking for me. Most importantly, knowing that everything has utility and needs to be used in order to proceed. I got through the dungeon mostly without any assistance. I think the Forsaken Fortress was frustrating me a little because of all the Solid Snaking. Without that, it was easier to figure out each room in Dragon Roost and slowly progress through the dungeon with few major hiccups.

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 11:34:09 AM »

To continue playing A Link Between Worlds... or play Wind Waker....  GAAAAAAAAAAAH  *brain explodes*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length