RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:42:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 30113 times)
Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »

Beat this yesterday, and managed to beat the Warehouse boss!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »

Congrats! Interested to hear your thoughts on the game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »

Congrats! Interested to hear your thoughts on the game.

Really awesome game, I loved every bit of it, and that paired with the ending (not the true ending) makes me want to get and play Parasite Eve 2.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »

Glad you liked it and I believe that is the consensus all around. Please note that PE2 is a very different game, much more survival horror than RPG. Be sure you watch some video before making that pricey purchase.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:42 PM »

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I'm more interested in the story than I am worried about the gameplay, although I'm always excited by survival horror. Smiley
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »

Finally beat it yesterday!

I was very impressed with the story. The whole time I was thinking 'this could be a movie.' Then I see during the (insanely long) credits that it was based on a book. Makes sense, it was a very smart story. "Humans are a parasite" blew my mind. I've never considered that we're all parasites and Earth is our host. It actually makes me feel ashamed that our race is such a drain the planet. What a powerful message.

Very quickly, I'd like to defend the 2 biggest complaints I've read about this game.

1) Too short - I had no problem with the length. It never got stale for me. It progressed smoothly. I'd rather have half-short and twice-strong than filler and fluff to make it longer. Plus, I still have another 15-20 hours in EX mode.

2) Lack of music - I think music in some places would really hurt the atmosphere. I thought they used music and silence in the appropriate places.

PS - If they do make a movie, Aya would be played by Kristen Bell (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Medium), Daniel by Reginal Vel Johnson (Family Matters, Die Hard), Eve by Kate Winslett (Titanic), Ben by Jaden Smith (Will Smith's Karate Kid), Navy Admiral by Ed Harris (the Navy guy in every movie).
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »

Glad you finished and enjoyed it. Dig the casting. How appropriate for Oscar night. Smiley

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2014, 02:42:12 AM »

Grrrr!! Tried to continue on playing tonight and I couldnt get the game to recognize my save data. Anyone playing on the PS3 have any troubles? I could load it up fine, go the continue screen, it would show that something was in slot 1 (or slot 2 if I reassigned the data), but it wouldnt let me select it. I really wanted to play some more tonight, but after messing around for 45 minutes and not being able to load my old game I give up Sad

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2014, 03:49:17 AM »

Grrrr!! Tried to continue on playing tonight and I couldnt get the game to recognize my save data. Anyone playing on the PS3 have any troubles? I could load it up fine, go the continue screen, it would show that something was in slot 1 (or slot 2 if I reassigned the data), but it wouldnt let me select it. I really wanted to play some more tonight, but after messing around for 45 minutes and not being able to load my old game I give up Sad

were you signed into the same PS3 account that you used when you originally made the file? when stigzilla was trying to load his file at first on my PS3, i'm pretty sure he accidently signed into my account at first and it did what you described, showed something in slot one but wouldn't load it.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »

Yeah I tried the other account on my system and had the exact same problem with it as well.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »

I had a problem loading the EX game. It says "Please load disc 1", but disc 1 is already in.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »

That sucks Crabby..... You really need to finish the game. It's worth it.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2014, 01:18:08 AM »

just remembered that while playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 i noticed a similarity in one of it's songs to some Parasite Eve music.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length