RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:21:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276118 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:26:14 AM »

So I don't know if I am allowed to start this or not, because its a web forum devoted to video games, but it occurs to me that many of my fellow RFGenner's are into toys. Many of us (myself included) like showing off what we get in our travels. Whether it be He-man, TMNT, Transformers, GI Joes,etc etc or even NERF, I figured rather than post in the small scores thread which is mostly intended for video game scores, I would start a new thread for our toys. So without further ado (this could be the beginning of a very short lived thread but) here are my latest scores:

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:29:46 AM »

i don't have anything to add because i don't collect toys, but there are some people who would definitely enjoy this thread around here!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »

i don't have anything to add because i don't collect toys

Oh no? What about that Micro Machines DHL cargo plane you got for Christmas?  Grin

There are similar threads, such as "What Books Have You Purchased Recently," and "What DVDs Have You Purchased Recently," located in the Media Room section, so it's not like there aren't any precedents around here.

Myself, if I find a non-vidya score I wanna show off, I'll bring it up and show it off at the end of my small scores post. That way, anyone who doesn't care about my latest graphing-calculator or Nerf gun hauls can skip it and scroll down to the next post.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »

Fair enough Zag. I just figured (after seeing those TMNT figures posted alone in the Small Scores Thread) that us toy lovers can have a separate area to post stuff. My collecting pretty much revolves around Games, Action Figures and Comic Books

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »

i don't have anything to add because i don't collect toys

Oh no? What about that Micro Machines DHL cargo plane you got for Christmas?  Grin

i have some but i don't "collect" them Wink
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

Managed to bang off some more turtles for my collection today:

Also decided, since every vehicle I drive usually has a plush co-pilot, and my current vehicle still didn't have a dash buddy, what better than my favorite Mario Bro:

Now I have all 4 turtles and Splinter. Just need that damn elusive Rat King figure.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »

A new LEGO set to be part of my City:

And I finally got my coveted Rat King:

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:23 PM »

I've managed to resist the urge to add to my Nerf gun collection for a few months now.

My Optimus Prime collection, however, is another story; I grabbed this from a Goodwill earlier today for $0.79:

W00t! Cyber Sword FTW! With lights, sounds, and the only true voice of the Autobots' main man!

Now when are they finally gonna put out a Nerf N-Strike dart-shooting version of G1 Optie's blaster rifle?

What's the hold-up, Hasbro? You allergic to money? Or are you starting to feel bad for the sweat shop workers who manufacture your goods? Just tell 'em that, if they don't wanna see their weekly five-minute break get cut down to two minutes, they better get their asses in gear! Oh, and tell 'em to lighten up on the lead-based paint...

'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »

As long as they didn't put any orange on it, I would TOTALLY buy an Optimus Nerf gun!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »

As long as they didn't put any orange on it, I would TOTALLY buy an Optimus Nerf gun!

Probably fifty-fifty that they will.

In any case, Hasbro will likely give it the same red-blue-pewter color scheme they've given their other Optie role-play weapon releases.

And yes, I do own a Cyber Blaster and Battle Rig Blaster.

And the voice-changer helmet. Gotta have the helmet.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »

My brother has been on a little spending binge since it's tax season.  I am still waiting on mine lol  But today his big package came in the mail. 

A huge Lego Fan he is for sure...but he's an even bigger Simpsons fan so put both together he just had to have it and ordered it directly from Lego because others were going for $300 or more a piece while yes it was on backorder he got it today.

Just look at him pinning over it..he is building it now as we speak..its 2523 pieces of joy for him. He did pick up some game related stuff so check the small scores thread for that.  Nothing as fantastic as his Lego but still.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »

That is Legen- wait for it- DARY! I soooo need this!

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 02:06:34 PM »

It's quite an amazing set and a decent price tag from what I understand.  You can order it on lego.com :-)  Personally I'd rather have one of those Castle Greyskulls haha but the Simpson Lego is pretty sweet! Especially when my brother is both a huge Lego fan has been since the late 80's and still has all of his sets and manuals. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:58 AM »

Im pretty stoked for the Ghostbusters Lego coming out in June!

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »

He told me about that I am pretty stoked as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:11:23 PM by GamerNick » Logged

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length