RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:27:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276166 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »

Hard to describe. It's a bluffing game where you try and smuggle contraband past the sheriff. Watch Tabletop with Wil Weaton on youtube. That is what is selling me on many games these days.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »

Hard to describe. It's a bluffing game where you try and smuggle contraband past the sheriff. Watch Tabletop with Wil Weaton on youtube. That is what is selling me on many games these days.

Yeah, I like that series as well.  maybe I will have to pick it up

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »

Playing with the Crabmaster tomorrow night, for our new-semi-regular-tabletop-thursday. Will know then, how much I like it. Also getting Last Night on Earth tomorrow. Coming to a small-toy score thread near you!

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »

Playing with the Crabmaster tomorrow night, for our new-semi-regular-tabletop-thursday. Will know then, how much I like it. Also getting Last Night on Earth tomorrow. Coming to a small-toy score thread near you!

Never played LNoE but I hear good things.

Got this today, seems interesting as it involves scheming and keeping secrets from the other players. Maybe I will try it out soon
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:01:50 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »

I really don't collect a lot of toys, I usually just pick toys if, I know they are valuable, and I can trade them for games. I will be keeping these though.  I found all these in a grab bag lot at goodwill. I also picked up a complete copy of Risk: Lord of the Rings Middle Earth Conquest Game.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »

Ah yes... MUSCLE figures and Battle Beasts were a couple of the also-rans of the 1980s toy scene. I recall Battle Beasts having the heat-sensitive rub-sign thingy that the original TransFormers had. As I recall, there were three signs-- Fire, water, and wood-- and the battle played out like rock-paper-scissors type deal.

Hey, you know what:

"Collect all 84!"?! Sheesh, it's like proto-Pokemon... or even proto-Skylanders... hmmm...

ANYway, I think they've rereleased the MUSCLE figures a few times over the years. The closest I've seen to a Battle beast revival was that Gormiti thing a few years back.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »

Yeah, me and my brother used to collect Battle Beast, finally getting back into them, so might go for them all. I got like 20 or so already.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »

I got that LOTR Risk. I prefer plain Risk.

I remember getting my first batch of Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere (M.U.S.C.L.E.), that came in a silvery-looking garbage can. Never got battle beasts, but always thought they were kinda cool.

I will at some point, try and collect the entire first year or two of, Monster in my Pocket figures.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2015, 10:45:36 PM »

Hey now,

Got me an early b-day pressie in the form of Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, because f*ck you, you're not the boss of me:

This bad boy can combine into ULTRA PRIME with just about any other Combiner Wars arm-bot or leg-bot, be he Autobot or Decepticon.

Now you're probably asking yourself how such a thing is possible. I'll tell you how: it's 'cuz he's OPTIMUS MOTHERF*CKING PRIME, you insignificant little pissant. And if he wants to combine, he'll goddamned do it, and you're gonna like it... just like your mom does when Optimus combines with her while dad's at work, the rancid whore. So you might wanna think twice about touching that gearshift before taking your Peterbilt out for a spin.

I got a Peterbilt you can take out for a spin...IN YOUR MOUTH! OH!!!

Oh, and I grabbed this for my best bud, who is the biggest Huffer fan ever:

And probably the ONLY Huffer fan ever.

'Late
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »

Picked up some awesome Avalon Hill and Victory Board Games for cheap. 

Sitting on the bottom of this pile is a very rare Art of TSR Lord' Soth's Charge Puzzle.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2015, 09:59:44 PM »

Lord Soth? Awesome.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »

Lord Soth? Awesome.

Do you know about that character. I just started a Ravenloft book with him in it

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #282 on: March 25, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »

Picked up some awesome Avalon Hill and Victory Board Games for cheap. 

Sitting on the bottom of this pile is a very rare Art of TSR Lord' Soth's Charge Puzzle.

You looking for VG's Vietnam '64-'74 or the Avalon Hill release of Axis & Allies at all? The latter is missing a few pieces, but I can replace them with pieces from an incomplete MB version I have lying around. BTW I have several more looking for a good home, if you're game... so to speak.

Meanwhile: looks like the new Optimus didn't hit it off too well with his shelfmate:

Aaaand here's a more dynamic angle of the standoff:

*Cue the theme to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly*
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2015, 11:51:29 PM »

I am always interested in board games, I don't need the Axis & Allies but the Vietnam I am interested in. Also, what else you got?

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2015, 11:40:04 AM »

That Lord Soth Puzzle is pretty awesome. I got some nice toy scores recently:

First up, another new tabletop game:

Got Drizzt from Crabby. Also got Epic Spell Wizards and the Fallout collector edition from Crabby:

Smash Bros. Soundtrack from Club Nintendo

Next up, some 1980's toy goodness (my favorite kind), from my local toy hookup

Tiamat- from the 1983 LJN AD&D toyline:

Unfortunately, as the pictures show, Tiamat has a missing front foot. It sucks, but the piece is somewhat rare, and I really want to complete that toyline.

I also got another rare piece for my collection. One that I couldn't pass up, and one that I am happy to have:

From Mattel, The 1981 Clash of the Titans MISB Perseus and Pegasus figure pack:

Box is a little beat and the front plastic (screen) is coming unglued in spots, but for all intents and purposes, this toy is sealed.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length