RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276159 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #600 on: June 24, 2019, 06:55:54 PM »

Not exactly toy related but I found these blast from the past.  These are my He-Man magazines from back when I was a kid.  I know there are more so I'll be searching for these at my parent's house.

He-Man was my favorite.  I have all but 2 of the action figures back from when I was a kid.  I loved the show and was He-Man everything!  Pure love!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #601 on: June 25, 2019, 09:36:16 AM »

Those have fantastic art!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #602 on: July 26, 2019, 11:15:02 PM »

HOLY FREAKING CRAP...  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

...IT'S SOOOOOO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL  inlove inlove inlove inlove inlove inlove inlove inlove

All you need is a Hasbro Pulse account, $575 to preorder it, and hope that it gets 8000 backers before the end of August...

...and HasLab War for Cybertron Unicron will knock down your front door some time in 2021.

I can almost hear him saying, "For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little wallet... but now, you shall witness... its dismemberment!"

To which the only correct response is:

...'Late
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:17:43 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #603 on: August 03, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »

Hey now, everybody! Are y'all ready to lay your peepers on my latest acquisition? Well, that's just too bad; you're gonna take a look, and you're gonna like it, mister!

Time to crank up the Deep Purple!

Smo-o-o-o-oke on the wa-a-a-a-a-a-ater...

...fire in the jet sky!

All righty, now it's time to do what any normal, well-adjusted human being would do: free this bad boy up to play with and/or put on display!

So far, so good; yet another Siege: War for Cybertron release that looks like a solid tribute to the G1 cartoon show. Speaking of tributes, check out this little detail from Jetfire's Skyfire's debut episode:

Time to pair him up with his G1 forebear:

Those Zentraedi-- errr, Decepticreeps don't stand a chance against these guys, especially with the armor enhancements and shooty-shooty-bang-bang fireblast thingies.

Oh, and the shooty-shooty-bang-bang fireblast thingies can do double duty as vroom-vroom-zoom-zoom jetblast thingies:

Aaaaand that's it for now. Special thanks to Duke.Togo for giving me first dibs on purchasing his G1 Jetfire.

So, why are you still hanging around here? Go do something useful, willya!

...'Late
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #604 on: September 07, 2019, 01:19:48 AM »

Ummmm... hello? Does anybody but me ever even visit this thread anymore, let alone post in it? Meh, no matter. ANYway, A special package from the Land of the Rising Sun arrived the other day.

Holy crap, what could possibly be in there???

Introducing...

...TransFormers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0, the most G1 cartoon-accurate transforming Optie yet!

And now, it's time for everybody's favorite moment: the unboxing.

Wow, look at all those gewgaws & tchochkes, many of which are callbacks to several episodes from the G1 series. But before we get to that, take a gander at the tractor-trailer mode in all its glory:

Time for a little side-by-side with the MP-10 Optie:

And MP-44's robot mode is noticeably slimmer, sleeker, and less blocky than his MP-10 predecessor:

All right, let's get a closer look at those accessories... let's fire this up!

Playing with this little fellow is a... heady experience.

Along with the trading card, this bad boy comes with the two obligatory Masterpiece Optie accessories: the enegon axe-hand from that one episode...

...and the matrix from the movie.

Also included is the jetpack from that other episode...

And the Starscream-disguised-as-Optimus-Prime from that other other episode.

Oh, and let's not forget the trailer and stuff:

...aaaand that's about it for now. Thank you for your attention!

- 'Late
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #605 on: September 07, 2019, 02:59:19 AM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:38:05 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #606 on: September 09, 2019, 09:40:02 AM »

That new Prime is really nice! 

I haven't picked up much lately as far as toys go.  I did grab one of the newer Godzilla vinyls that Wal-Mart is currently selling just to throw on the shelf.  I think I got the 68 version if memory serves me right.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »

Hey now...

[SNIP]

Showa era Moguera revoltech. Been in a bit of Godzilla kick lately. I love this goofy mecha-kaiju. Look at him, the absolute unit.

Did you say... Revoltech?

My first keshi figures. What better way to start than with the Universal monsters?

They have TransFormers Keshi figures as well, but I'm not completely sold on them... yet.

ANYway, I'll leave y'all with this sage advice from Lord Primus Himself:

Optimist Prime art created by DeviantArt User "Avid" https://www.deviantart.co.../Optimist-Prime-178004809

..'Late
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2019, 08:18:07 AM »

I've got some recent board game purchases that I could post if those are considered toy enough
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »

Hey now,

I've got some recent board game purchases that I could post if those are considered toy enough

Judging from several prior posts on this thread, I'd say you're good to go. Have at it, bud!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »

Time to unbox my latest TransFormers triple-threat score:

Now you're probably wondering why I bought three Refraktors; I assure you there is a reason...

...and that reason is this:

As some of you might have guessed, Refraktor is a modern tribute to Reflector, the first combiner team to appear on the G1 'toon show.

Oh, they can also combine into this:

ANYway, that's about it for now... but wait 'til ya see my next really big TransFormers score, which will be coming soon.

Until then...

...'Late
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #611 on: September 23, 2019, 09:05:08 AM »

That's really cool they built all those extra modes into Refraktor.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #612 on: September 23, 2019, 03:18:24 PM »

Hey now,

That's really cool they built all those extra modes into Refraktor.

Thing is, even though the camera is shown on the back of the toy packaging, they don't provide an instruction sheet on how to transform them into the camera. Fortunately, I have YouTube to help me out when the instruction sheet is either incomprehensible, or nonexistent. As for the triple spaceship, I think that one might have been improvised by a savvy TransFan. And speaking of YouTube and savvy TransFans, I discovered how to do both transformations from a video by Wotafa, a fanatically enthusiastic toy collector from the Land of the Rising Sun:

Although I don't understand 99% of what he's saying, he provides really good visuals of the process as he changes the robots in spaceship mode back to robots, and then to the big spaceship and then to the camera, with a few side-by-side size comparisons with various Gundam mechs and other TransFormers Siege figures sprinkled in for good measure.

His video on how to transform MP-44 Optie also proved quite helpful:

ANYway, I'll have a few more TransFormers gems-- and a few not-TransFormers gems-- headed my way in the next few weeks. So don't go anywhere, or y'all might miss 'em...

...'Late

UPDATE: This is a... devastatingly awesome lapel pin I picked up today.

...'LateR
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:28:07 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2019, 08:57:25 AM »

So I bought a bag marked "various 80's figures" at a toy show yesterday mainly because it had a couple of Battle Beasts in it and I could use some help identifying the other figures.  I believe the top 2 on the left and the sliver guy are Dino Riders but any idea on the others?

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #614 on: October 05, 2019, 12:35:32 AM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:37:56 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length