RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276150 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #660 on: July 07, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »

Hey now,

Nice!  Where are the upgrades coming from?  I might have to look into the Prime one if I ever get around to purchasing him lol

Lately, I've been getting most of my TransFormers upgrade kits from http://www.TFSafari.com. What I can't find there, I'll buy from a few Hong Kong-based eBay sellers.

On another note, this is the crossover TransFormer toy I've been waiting for:

GREAT SCOTT!!!

While the super-limited-edition WallyWorld exclusive sold out almost instantly, they'll have the wider-release version out some time in October.

Until then...

...'Late
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:47:50 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #661 on: July 08, 2020, 09:03:55 AM »

I will buy that Delorean when I see it. Preorder prices on it right now, are insane.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #662 on: July 08, 2020, 10:19:13 AM »

I love the retro look of the packaging
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #663 on: July 08, 2020, 10:06:57 PM »

Hey now,

I will buy that Delorean when I see it. Preorder prices on it right now, are insane.

It was just released in a limited run of 1985 (of course) pieces. It doesn't need to be said that it sold out instantly, and currently fetches rather extortionate prices on the secondary market. Fortunately, Hasbro has taken pity on us plebes, and will be putting out the wider release through Hasbro Pulse and select retailers with an October ETA.

Now the big question is: which sub-faction does this guy belong in? I'm thinking that, considering the Delorean's rather poor reputation outside of BTTF, he should be a Junkion  Grin. Or have him freelancing as a cyber-coke dealer in the slums of Iacon...  Wink

Hey, speaking of Hasbro Pulse and October ETAs, they have this really neat site-exclusive Brunt repaint Centurion Drone Weaponizer set:

But it ain't the 'bot that makes this set awesome, it's the "bonus" bits:

Thing is, why didn't they just include these accessories with their action figure companions in the first place?! Oh yeah, I forgot: $$$$$. Sorry, I momentarily forgot about that whole "capitalism" thing for a moment...

ANYway, I wonder which famous movie or TV show automobile they should cross over with the TransFormers next? My money's on KITT from the original Knight Rider show...

...along with KITT's evil twin KARR (first voiced by the original Optimus Prime himself)...

...and Goliath.

I'd also love to see them do an Airwolf Transformer...

...and even one of B.A.'s van from The A-Team.

So... whatta y'all think?

...'Late
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #664 on: July 09, 2020, 08:17:22 AM »

We need a M.A.S.K. Thunderhawk.  I might be a little bias though...

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #665 on: July 09, 2020, 01:22:23 PM »

We need a M.A.S.K. Thunderhawk.  I might be a little bias though...

Only if they agree to add Super-Pursuit KITT from the final season of Knight Rider to the MASK roster.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »

Looks like someone was on the same wavelength with me on which vehicles from (mostly) '80s pop-culture phenomena should get the TransFormers treatment:

https://tfsource.com/blog...collaborative-crossovers/

Not only did they cover Knight Rider, Airwolf, the A-Team, and MASK, RoboCop, Top Gun, Star Trek, and even the Ferrari from Magnum P.I. and Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine van were given consideration. But... Herbie the Love Bug? Seriously?
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #667 on: July 10, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »

Looks like someone was on the same wavelength with me on which vehicles from (mostly) '80s pop-culture phenomena should get the TransFormers treatment:

Not only did they cover Knight Rider, Airwolf, the A-Team, and MASK, RoboCop, Top Gun, Star Trek, and even the Ferrari from Magnum P.I. and Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine van were given consideration. But... Herbie the Love Bug? Seriously?

I love the Thundercats one.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2020, 10:29:38 AM »

How did they miss the Mad Max Interceptor? 

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #669 on: July 13, 2020, 04:21:07 PM »

How did they miss the Mad Max Interceptor? 

Because they went with this far more awesome interceptor instead:

All pics above from Hasbro Pulse website

It's now available for pre-order at Hasbro Pulse. And no, your eye's aren't deceiving you; Maverick really does come with a mini volleyball accessory. So does this mean future collector-grade Optimus Prime toys will come with a basketball?

...'Late
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #670 on: July 15, 2020, 11:02:09 PM »

Time for another upgrade update! Starting things off is a beefed up arsenal for Siege Springer, as well a couple thigh-gap fillers and stabilizer fins:

JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY! DECEPTICONS GET REKT!

Up next are some luminary enhancements for Siege Omega Supreme:

Man, this upgrade is LIT! Literally...

Aaand that's it for now. Until next time...

...stay safe out there, fellow RF Gentlemen.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2020, 11:10:57 PM »

Picked up a few more mini buddies, and got in some more upgrades:

More to come...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #672 on: July 24, 2020, 12:40:34 AM »

All right, folks, here we go again; more upgrades and a full-on toy score!

Hey, remember those add-ons I got for my Earthrise Optimus Prime Trailer about three weeks back?

Well, I found another upgrade set that better captures the essence of the original G1 toy:

Aaaaand a little side-by side comparison with the G1 trailer:

The only real downgrade is the roller, which is significantly larger than the other 3rd party offering, so much so that it barely fits inside the trailer. Otherwise, the new upgrade is a good step up.

Speaking of steps up, here are a few add-ons for Siege Jetfire and Earthrise Hoist:

But if you think these enhancements are totally cash, check out this sweet Optimus-piloted Jetfire mech:

All right, time to show off my latest full toy pickup--

OH NOES!!!  Shocked

Rule of thumb to all you eBay sellers out there: don't waste your time placing a fra-jee-lay label on your outgoing packages, 'cuz someone inevitably will do the package at least a little damage just out of pure mean spite. Instead, get a slightly-bigger-than-usual shipping box so the item has more space, and then fill that space with some sturdy packing padding.

Now that lecture time is over, let's open this bad boy up:

Oh, boy! Now Starscream has his very own buddies to back-stab and constantly betray hang out with and do cool stuff together!

Well, the front of the display box looks pretty good; let's take a gander at--

Ahhh, son of a biscuit eater.  evilsad Meh, it's not like I was gonna keep 'em in the box anyway, right? All right, let's do this.

Boy, Starscream sure is taking his sweet time studying the transformation instructions. I don't even know why he even needs them, seeing as how he transforms in the exact same way as his fellow Seekers. I mean, he should be able to do it pretty much reflexively at this point, right? But it seems otherwise, which leads me to this conclusion about Starscream:

Easily one of the G1 show's Top 3 moments.

Whelp, that settles that. Meanwhile, Thundercracker and Skywarp are getting impatient. Guess I'd better help 'em out:

Now THIS is more like it: the original Seekers are BACK, baby...

...and they're rarin' to hit the expressway to the hazard sector! W00T!!!

Whelp, that's more than enough excitement for now. Until next time...

...'Late
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #673 on: July 24, 2020, 09:42:35 AM »

Now that is slick, Zag.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #674 on: August 11, 2020, 01:23:06 AM »

Oh, boy! The Macross Valkyrie Super-Armor set I ordered for my G1 Jetfire came in today!

Time to play dress-up with my precious little robo-dolly-- errr, I mean, time to totally trick out this totes badass cyber-warrior! HELL YEAH!!!

Aw yeah, that's the stuff...

God-DAMN! that is SO F*CKIN" HAWT!!!

Baby's got back! Yeah, THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

OH yeah, I also picked up this MP-44 Optimus Prime pin:

Next time, I'll tell you the story of the Autobots' biggest sellout.

Until then...

...'Late
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:58:29 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length