RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:57:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March Modern Community Playthrough - The Last of Us 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: March Modern Community Playthrough - The Last of Us  (Read 22759 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »

started a bit early today because a friend was over and i wanted to show her at least a little of the game, only played for about 20 minutes though
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 11:26:05 PM »

A very half-arsed checkpoint for Week 1 is up. Just play for two hours and report back with your progress. I'm in for a busy time the next few days.

Hopefully a more structured approach will be put in place.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 01:48:43 PM »

Played for a few hours this evening.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »

I finally got a chance to play. Now transporting Ellie to the Capitol Building. This should be a good first checkpoint for first-time players. Anyone who is doing New Game Plus can continue, but please use those spoiler tags. This game is very story driven so I don't want anything being spoiled for the first-time players.

EDIT

Check the Updates section of the main post. I am using a different approach with this playthrough so make sure you're aware. This is mostly for players new to the game.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:52:21 PM by Fleach » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »

If you're replaying the game feel free to blaze your own path. Anyone who is new to the game aim to reach checkpoint 1.1.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »

Finally finished with midterms for this week, so I'm looking to jump into this tomorrow.  Can't wait to discuss what was likely my GOTY 2013.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »

This was my favourite game for 2013 as well. I'm sure it'll be my favourite of all time. I don't mind to sound biased but I love what Naughty Dog does, and this game has everything I could have wanted.

blklblskt, if you want to chat about this game please feel free to PM me. I'm sure we'll have some awesome discussions.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 10:49:31 PM »

Ok so I'm a little ways past agreeing to transport something now. I forgot last time I was playing I had watched my brother play even beyond this point and I used his save to start my game. I'm glad I restarted though it feels better to control everything and just look through the environments. Where's everyone else at? I'm gonna play a little more here in a minute to get a better feel for the discussions. Tongue
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:10 PM »

You're in for a roller coaster of emotions. The upcoming scenes are great!

I also loved the environments (wait til you progress!) and I would walk so I could take it all in. I actually forgot Joel could jog/run during my first playthough. This game feels so slow paced that it only made sense to walk and my mind subconsciously made that decision. The decayed roads and buildings are so beautiful. I love the way nature has reclaimed the world just like that Discovery show "Life After People."

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »

I'm just a little past the week 1 checkpoint.  I'm kinda anxious to get through this chapter because, while the whole game is good, it's after this section that the game gets REALLY good.

I love how intense some of the sections can be when you're trying to play stealthy.  Trying to sneak around clickers (on Survival difficulty, no less) can make for some nail-biting moments.  But it's all so satisfying when you get it right.

Has anybody played the Left Behind DLC yet?  I'm gonna wait until I finish the game to play it, but I'm curious to hear what people think about it.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »

Thanks for joining the playthrough, Hero. This is probably my favourite game ever so I'm happy to be playing through it as a group. If you want to talk about the main game or the DLC level shoot me a PM.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »

I love how intense some of the sections can be when you're trying to play stealthy.  Trying to sneak around clickers (on Survival difficulty, no less) can make for some nail-biting moments.

Nothing more satisfying than stealth shiving a clicker.  Suffice to say I keep running out of shivs.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »

Heh, I'm saving all of my shivs for locked doors on this playthrough, so I gotta sneak around ALL the clickers.....

....or slaughter them all.  Yeah, that's fun too  Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

Spoiler! Read with caution!

Spoiler (hover to show)

I choke out Runners, and save shivs for doors, and Stalkers. Clickers are no sweat as long as you're quiet and don't use distractions. That'll just move them off their scripted paths.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »

You're in for a roller coaster of emotions. The upcoming scenes are great!

I also loved the environments (wait til you progress!) and I would walk so I could take it all in. I actually forgot Joel could jog/run during my first playthough. This game feels so slow paced that it only made sense to walk and my mind subconsciously made that decision. The decayed roads and buildings are so beautiful. I love the way nature has reclaimed the world just like that Discovery show "Life After People."

I'm pretty sure my first playthrough took twice as long as it should have because I was busy staring at the environment.  It really is a masterpiece.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length