RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | GrayGhost81 Relocation Thread. "You all may go to Hell, I will go to Texas." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: GrayGhost81 Relocation Thread. "You all may go to Hell, I will go to Texas."  (Read 24682 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2016, 09:40:54 PM »

I hadn't noticed this thread before - seems like an epic journey!  Glad to hear it's all worked out for you guys.  As the old adage goes, "fortune favors the brave".

Dude, thanks Fro for giving me a bump.

I really have to copy-paste this whole thread in case the site goes down, because this is a crazy journal of all me and Mrs. Ghost have been through in the past two years.

So me and the wife have moved from an apartment on the outskirts of north Austin to a baller-ass house in south Austin (minutes away from South Congress) complete with a game room and an office, two car garage etc. Seriously the rent is suspiciously low for this place, but we're loving it!

I'm working for EPIC Provisions and quite honestly this is pretty much the dream job for me. If y'all know me you know I've been Paleo forever and I've been eating these bars forever. I took an entry level job in the company and due to incredible growth have been able to "climb the ladder" incredibly fast to the point where I got my picture on the website! Check it out (scroll aaaaaallllllll the way down):

https://epicbar.com/team.html

So now the wife and I are minutes away from our jobs and despite a major health scare with her recently, things are really starting to set up. I mentioned to her this evening that my newest game room is probably my favorite that we've had so far. We have a back yard with a fire pit, etc etc it's the suburban life we envisioned when we first moved here (as opposed to the apt complex on the side of the highway we've lived in for the first year) and I'm starting to see the peace I've been seeking for years in my sights.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2016, 09:43:32 PM »

Really happy for you man. Seems like you're in a great place both physically and mentally.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2016, 10:30:53 PM »

Glad to hear that life is working out so well for you!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »

That is so awesome.  I'm happy for you both.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »

I'm working for EPIC Provisions and quite honestly this is pretty much the dream job for me. If y'all know me you know I've been Paleo forever and I've been eating these bars forever. I took an entry level job in the company and due to incredible growth have been able to "climb the ladder" incredibly fast to the point where I got my picture on the website! Check it out (scroll aaaaaallllllll the way down):

https://epicbar.com/team.html

You don't look like a Ghost but you do look Grayish.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2016, 08:16:21 AM »

You don't look like a Ghost but you do look Grayish.

LOL!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2016, 04:40:17 PM »

Gratz glad everything has worked out for you guys. Onward and upward!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2016, 01:50:42 AM »

congrats! the new place sounds awesome, and i've been seeing all your Epic posts on facebook, glad your new job is going so well!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length