RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:23:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | GrayGhost81 Relocation Thread. "You all may go to Hell, I will go to Texas." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: GrayGhost81 Relocation Thread. "You all may go to Hell, I will go to Texas."  (Read 24686 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »

Good luck!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2015, 06:10:42 AM »

Good luck!

Thank you!

Just a quick update, Eileen arrived safely in Austin last Saturday. She turned a three day road trip into a day and a half one with her jalopy of a vehicle loaded to the gills including both of our cats. What an amazing woman!

The movers are scheduled to drop our stuff off between this Friday and Sunday. Hope all my games make it safely Wink.

Once she has all our stuff, including some nice clothes, she can start looking for a job. I'm hoping this happens soon because it's only been a week and I am anxious as hell to get down there. I miss my wife, and the weather here is still endlessly cold and shitty. Our new apartment is so much nicer than our house too. I can't wait to be there!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 12:08:27 PM »

Good luck!

Thank you!

Just a quick update, Eileen arrived safely in Austin last Saturday. She turned a three day road trip into a day and a half one with her jalopy of a vehicle loaded to the gills including both of our cats. What an amazing woman!

The movers are scheduled to drop our stuff off between this Friday and Sunday. Hope all my games make it safely Wink.

Once she has all our stuff, including some nice clothes, she can start looking for a job. I'm hoping this happens soon because it's only been a week and I am anxious as hell to get down there. I miss my wife, and the weather here is still endlessly cold and shitty. Our new apartment is so much nicer than our house too. I can't wait to be there!

Update?

SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 01:19:11 PM »

Update?

Thanks for asking.

Let's get the most important thing out of the way: my video game collection arrived safely in Texas about a week after my wife did.

The weather here is still cold and shitty. It is getting ridiculous.

Nothing to report on Eileen's job search, but it'll take time. It's hard not to get frustrated, but I know she's doing her best. In the meantime I have begun to push harder in my own efforts to find work there. I joined linkedin if anyone wants to connect with me: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/shawn-gray/b7/39/406

If I find a job before she does and we have find another way to make sure she has health insurance, so be it.

I am going to Austin on the 23rd for three days to see the new place, help her finish unpacking and putting furniture together, and hopefully going on a few job interviews. I'm very excited about this trip. I think it's going to be great.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »

Update?

Thanks for asking.

Let's get the most important thing out of the way: my video game collection arrived safely in Texas about a week after my wife did.

The weather here is still cold and shitty. It is getting ridiculous.

Nothing to report on Eileen's job search, but it'll take time. It's hard not to get frustrated, but I know she's doing her best. In the meantime I have begun to push harder in my own efforts to find work there. I joined linkedin if anyone wants to connect with me: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/shawn-gray/b7/39/406

If I find a job before she does and we have find another way to make sure she has health insurance, so be it.

I am going to Austin on the 23rd for three days to see the new place, help her finish unpacking and putting furniture together, and hopefully going on a few job interviews. I'm very excited about this trip. I think it's going to be great.

i'm sure everything will work out soon, sounds like it's been going great for the most part.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »

Time for a small update, though as per usual there really isn't anything major to report, which is most unfortunate. Eileen went on an interview last week which she thought went quite well. Unfortunately she found out on Wednesday that she didn't get the job. She'll just have to keep at it. Something will stick. I believe in her.

In the meantime, I've been here since Thursday morning. Our apartment is awesome. It is so much nicer than our house. I spent all day Thursday unpacking and setting up the apartment. The main bulk of what we moved was my video games and I was setting them up into Friday afternoon, all the while questioning the necessity of having such an idiotically massive collection Tongue. Having said that, our "media room" here is bigger and just nicer than the one in our house.

It was a lot of work, but when I got here the place looked like a storage unit. We still need some furniture and a few lamps, but I feel like I more than accomplished what I needed to do on this short trip. It is about 85% livable and I hope that going forward that will put Eileen in a better mental state and make her more comfortable in general.

Sadly I have to return to New Jersey tomorrow (where it was snowing the day I left, I kid you not) but I'm so happy I got to see my wife for a few days and see the apartment and the area of town we're in. It is so much more of a reality now.

Anyway, here's a picture of a bunch of turtles on a log viewed from the Ladybird Lake Hike & Bike Trail in downtown Austin.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2015, 11:16:42 AM »

Glad to see this coming together for you, and I hope things move quickly and smoothly. It's great to read these updates. I'm rooting for you two.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2015, 12:29:58 PM »

Great to hear the move is going well. Can't wait to hear more from you

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2015, 04:59:31 PM »

you should make a video tour when everything has been unpacked and organized! especially of the new game room.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »

you should make a video tour when everything has been unpacked and organized! especially of the new game room.

I was thinking about it, but I didn't get to alphabetize everything yet and also it's pretty much the same setup only in a slightly bigger, nicer room so it wouldn't be much different from my previous tour videos.

For the purpose of this thread, I will certainly do a quick tour of the entire apartment the next time I go down there which God willing, will be permanently.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2015, 07:34:01 AM »

Great to hear it!  Your new place sounds nice.  Are you ready for some visitors? Wink  Don't worry, the job will come.  It just takes time for the right job!

SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »

First of all thank you all once again for the words of encouragement. You guys rock.

Speaking of people who rock, Eileen got a job! She starts a full time accounts receivable position (making significantly more money than she did up here btw) on Monday 5/11.

Whelp, I'm moving to Texas. I've been wanting to do this for my entire life.

Oh I almost forgot, I am also in the process of negotiating a full time position for myself, but it isn't as exciting because it's not exactly the type of work I want to be doing so it will probably end up being temporary. I'm likely to take it so that I can land on my feet when I go down there.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:13:17 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »

Congrats on the fantastic news man! Very happy for you and your wife.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »

Congratulations!

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2015, 07:01:48 PM »

Awesome dude!  Be sure to pick up some boots and a cowboy hat, and I expect to hear a strong southern accent on the next Playcast recording!  Tongue

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length