RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:16:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April Retro Community Playthrough - Atari 2600 Activision Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: April Retro Community Playthrough - Atari 2600 Activision Challenge  (Read 38705 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »

Looked in my boxes that I had in the car, and I only saw Pitfall!, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers and Enduro. I know I have extras of Stampede, Sky Jinx, and Seaquest around... Guess I'll keep looking.

In related news, my bracket was busted on Saturday in more ways than one:

Found more boxes of games when making room for the shelving. The shelf fell as I was putting my boxed 3DOs up on the shelf. Fortunately, my head and knee took most of the brunt of the shelf falling, along with the small gouge taken out of the wall. Consoles are fine, fortunately - they slid down the shelf towards the wall and didn't fall far. The shelves have since been replaced with the proper size shelf (1/2" wider), and we'll be working to put those up tonight. Hopefully I'll come across the rest of my 2600 games.

If anyone needs copies of Enduro (x2), Pitfall (x5+), Kaboom (x1), or Keystone Kapers (x1), let me know and I'll send them out now.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 08:32:51 AM »

Damn, dude that's rough, but I am glad that you and your games are okay. Of course I would rather people purchase from Shadow to help him get rid of his back stock, but if anyone needs games that he does not have, my local store has most of these titles under $5 each. We are playing Pitfall! and Kaboom! in week one, so you'll want to get those first.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:19 AM »

I'd just send them out - I never said I wanted payment...
Almost all of my 2600 titles were gotten for $1 or less.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 09:12:24 AM »

I'd just send them out - I never said I wanted payment...
Almost all of my 2600 titles were gotten for $1 or less.

Very awesome of you Shadow! Smiley  Step up, get your carts, and join us ladies and gents.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »

Addicted and Wempster have asked for some of the titles. I'll send out what I currently have in a couple days, after I get a chance to dig through more of my room, which when we last left it:

Left Side (where the shelf fell):

Right Side:

EDIT: Hey, look! There are a few duplicates in here! Likely label variants of some sort, but I'll just document and send them out. I knew I was going through my RoD pictures for a reason:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:12:12 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »

I don't see why not, as long as it's the same game.
Yep, all the same. Game Room for XBox Live IS my Atari.

But there are some differences in controls. I don't know how the other systems handled it, but games that require a paddle (like Circus Atari or Kaboom!) are very difficult to play. It is not possible to get past the 4th or 5th wave of Kaboom! There is zero sensitivity. When I post my Kaboom! score of 46, don't laugh  Smiley
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »

Im in too, Im almost done with last months Smiley

do we need photos for our scores ?

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »

i'll let singlebanana have the final word because he's hosting this month but in the past we've more or less used the honour system, with photos being optional. i find they do add to the fun though because then especially on games where it shows a list of "top 10 scores" sort of thing then you can see how each person has improved too.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 07:06:35 AM »

Thanks again Shadow for sending those. Sorry to hear about your knee and shelf. Just let me know how much shipping costs and I'll reimburse you. I found the perfect TV to hook my 2600 up to recently...

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33:02 AM »

i'll let singlebanana have the final word because he's hosting this month but in the past we've more or less used the honour system, with photos being optional. i find they do add to the fun though because then especially on games where it shows a list of "top 10 scores" sort of thing then you can see how each person has improved too.

I would prefer that everyone post photos of their scores, especially since it is a competition and there is a prize involved (though it is nothing major). I certainly do not think that anyone would be dishonest with their scores, but it helps to ease everyone's mind if it did come into question. If posting scores is a problem for anyone, just send me a PM and we will try to work something out. With camera phones and free photo upload sites, it's a lot more convenient these days. Secondly, I agree with techwizard in that it makes the challenges much more fun if you post photos. We did this with the Streets of Rage playthrough and I think that everyone really had a ball submitting their high score pics.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 12:44:29 PM »

I found the perfect TV to hook my 2600 up to recently...
Does it have a knob?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 01:04:01 PM »

Boy does it! It even goes to 11. That's one more than 10.

[img width=416 height=270]http://www.seethecup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tv_old.gif[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 01:05:07 PM »

Thanks again Shadow for sending those. Sorry to hear about your knee and shelf. Just let me know how much shipping costs and I'll reimburse you. I found the perfect TV to hook my 2600 up to recently...

So, should I add you to the play list amigo Addicted-san?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »

Triumph:

Working late tonight, so it's looking like Friday before I can send anything out. Found out that when the shelf fell last time, it stripped the slots on the left side and the current shelf almost fell again when we put weight against the left side. Moved it down a couple slots, and it's fine now. None of those boxes (save one) have anything in them, as I wasn't willing to risk my 3DOs again.

We have a 2600 hooked up in the office - perhaps I'll have some of the guys in the office participate this month and take some photos.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:38:24 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 01:42:11 AM »

are the shelf supports not anchored into studs? i have shelving just like that but never had issues with it falling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length