RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:22:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Anyone else here a crazed baseball fan? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Anyone else here a crazed baseball fan?  (Read 30708 times)
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« on: March 24, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

The smell of fresh cut grass, the transition from winter to spring, the taste of dirty hot dogs, the crack of the bat, the millions of calculations that happen in-between each swing as well as off the field.

CAN'T WAIT! (Even though my team stinks and the owners are clueless)

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »

No but my cousin is. I can go to the yard and watch about 6-7 innings before I have to walk around. I havent watched baseball on TV since the Diamondbacks played the Yankees in the World Series.

It is soooooooooo boring to watch on TV.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »

No but my cousin is. I can go to the yard and watch about 6-7 innings before I have to walk around. I havent watched baseball on TV since the Diamondbacks played the Yankees in the World Series.

It is soooooooooo boring to watch on TV.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »

I remember that on the local news.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »

I'll check SportsCenter for all the big hardball highlights of the day, myself. Otherwise, I'm not big on sitting through an entire game, except the postseason. And even then, I'll follow the play-by-play on MLB.com's GameCenter. I especially love it when the Dodgers, Braves, Yankees, and Angels eat it in the postseason.

The local minor-league affiliate (http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t476), however, is another story. I catch at least one "merchant night" game a year. Minor-league ball is faster-paced, especially without TV commercial spots to break up the action. Also, the guys on the field seem to be more focused, and play with greater intensity than their major-league counterparts-- which is understandable, since they all aspire to the majors-- and it really shows. There are quite a few overachievers on that field, and they're rarin' to put on a good show for the crowd. Best of all, of the couple dozen S.J. Giants games I've attended over the last 20 years, only two were losses.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:09:55 PM »

I love baseball, but hate watching it on TV. Luckily, our local minor league team plays just across the street from where I work.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »

I wouldn't say I am crazed, but I do follow my hometown Rockies faithfully and catch between 3-5 games a season downtown at Coors Field. I rarely watch the actual games live on TV though, I record "Rockies Double Play" though, which shows all of the major plays and happenings from the last game in a half hour segment.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:12:52 PM »

Jerry, you must be a Marlins or Mets fan then...

That said, I think crazed might be a strong word, but I do have two fantasy baseball teams I check on twice a day. I do have a local minor league baseball team that I try to catch a game or two a year here in Lakewood, NJ (they're low class A) and the kids love going. After years of losing (and badly) I finally got to see my Tigers succeed these past few years. So I do watch a few games a year on TV when they play the Yankees.

And watching the Yankees lose just makes my day.

Promic
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »

Yes I have craze of Baseball and I never miss any match to watch on TV.

- The Rose -
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »

i smell a red sux fan in the thread. yeah I watch my yankees on TV everyday. injured or not they're still fighting for first place.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »

You don't have to be a Red Sox fan to hate on the Yankees. Wink
I used to be a baseball fanatic, but I haven't done much besides track stats the past few years. I barely recognize most of the popular names these days.

Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 12:09:34 AM »

Braves, Yankees. Weird combination of teams to like, I know. Don't watch much anymore though

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:50 AM »

One lowlife scumbag L.A. team down, one to go.

EAT A D*CK, DODGERS! GO CARDS!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 02:43:15 AM »

Go Expos! Ha ha

Still though, that between the legs 1-2-3 double play was an awesome play.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:05:44 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 12:27:12 AM »

THE OTHER L.A. TEAM ATE IT! YOU DESERVE IT, LOSERS! GO LOOK AT YOUR STANLEY CUP SOME MORE! ONLY CLASSY TEAMS IN THE FINAL FOUR NOW!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length