RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:41:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | UC Wastes $35000 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UC Wastes $35000  (Read 1898 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 29, 2005, 02:50:25 PM »

It was supposed to be a big secret until June 1st. But, somehow it escaped from its cage early. Fiercer, stronger, badder, it was supposed to be the the new thing for a new realm. It is.....

I have an idea, let's examine the thought process for the new logo!

Mr Goin: The Athletic Department has a 35,000 dollar surplus, how can we possibly blow that?!
President Zimpher: We could lower tuition by a dollar, or better yet, why not use that money so that we can implode Crosley Tower in a spectacular fashion!
Mr Goin: But how does that crap benefit the Athletic Department?! IT DOESN'T! I have a better idea....

Time Passes...

Mr. Goin: Hello Mr. Designer.
Mr. Designer: Hello Mr. Goin.
Mr Goin: I have proposition, I need you to waste 35000 dollars and create a new logo for us. What do you have in mind?
Mr. Designer: I could italicize the logo for you, market it as super secret, and when it finally is revealed you'll have some publicity because of how nondescript it is.
Mr. Goin: What does nondescript mean?
Mr. Designer: Excellent.....

I don't know what UC was thinking when the commissioned this other than that they wanted to piss off a bunch of people for making the new logo pretty much the same as the old one save for the italics and  the swoosh C. Wow, it's so special. They could have hired me for 50 dollars and I could have replicated something similar in fashion. Do the right thing UC, ask for your money back.

For those of you who have never seen the orignal C-Paw, here is a picture of it:

NOTE: The Conversation created is FAKE, please don't take it seriously.

Image from :http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050329/NEWS01/503290363
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 02:56:47 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 06:59:10 PM »

I guess the phrase "Good enough for government work" is well known to LPK.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:39:53 PM »

Every time I look at this thread, I try to think of something to say, but all I can do is laugh.  It's absolutely hilarious.  I wish they had hired me for $35,000.  I could have easily done something better, and it would have more than paid for me to attend their design school for the next few years (which I will be doing).

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 08:03:26 PM »

So you are in?

What they should have done is held a design competition.  Its not like they dont have enough students there already that are capable of doing such a thing.  And they could have given the money to the winner, in scholarship form.  (And I would bet it would make that studen't year to see his design on everything from shirts to the football stadium.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 08:06:20 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 08:22:50 PM »

That's exactly what my mom said when I showed her the new logo.  I guess the big people at UC aren't that smart.

And yeah, I'm in.  I sent my confirmation of acceptance in last week.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 08:23:18 PM by admin » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 06:11:01 AM »

Thats awesome news.  Congratulations.  Although, im guessing we wont be seeing too much of you anymore then.  ;-)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length