RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:42:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Genre & Subgenre Guide 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Genre & Subgenre Guide  (Read 103921 times)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »

I saw one example you changed, and wasn't sure about that, considering it's part of the pun for the title.
"A Mazing", to me, shouldn't be "Mazing, A"
Ah, I wasn't sure about that myself. I'll change it back. It's tough to make the call sometimes. There's some foreign titles with "A " that I have to look into how to do.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but would it be possible to standardize the publisher "RetroZone"? It's entered Retrozone, RetroZone, and RetroUSB. I believe that they are changing their branding over to just RetroUSB, but I'm not sure if that is what they should all be changed to.
I'll take care of them. This thread might as well be a DB tip line for stuff like this too.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2014, 11:24:06 AM »

Well wouldn't the older stuff still be in as RetroZone and newer stuff be RetroUSB?

I would assume they have their branding somewhere on the product.

Your not going to go back and make Pac-Man on NES Namco Bandai Games are you?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »

...or, for that matter izret, it's Namco Bandai outside JP and Bandai Namco inside JP...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »

My Tales of Xillia 2 says Bandai Namco.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »

[img width=550 height=779]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-115/bb/U-115-S-08400-A.jpg[/img]

Logo says "Bandai Namco", but as you can clearly see, the Publisher listed on the back is NAMCO BANDAI Games America. Same with the Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate copy that was released last week.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »

To be clear, I only fixed the capitalization. Publisher name of course shouldn't be updated if the company changes its name later on.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »

Progress update: The Adult Genre is almost done. There's only Japanese titles left. The vast majority of these should be Adult Visual Novels. Edutainment still has to be renamed. That's about it. Before we move on to part two, I'll look through the thread once more to fix the games/series people wanted changed.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »

I just checked the entirety of my Tales of Xillia 2 copy and it doesn't say Namco Bandai anywhere on it. Everywhere the company is listed it is labeled as the reverse, Bandai Namco. Even the inside sleeve with the warranty information lists the company as Bandai Namco Games America Inc. multiple times. Either they're flip flopping the name or there's a misprint somewhere.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »

Must be a 2014 change then - it was Namco Bandai on the 2013 Tales of Xillia.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »

Maybe they're going for uniformity since the logo could be seen as confusing to people?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2014, 03:53:04 PM »

The logo's always been Bandai Namco, but it was carried over as Namco Bandai due to how the Japanese was translated. The same's the case with Koei Tecmo, as it's Tecmo Koei outside of Japan right now. Likely, they're fixing the translation issue now that the merger has been finalized and they can change their legal name to match the logo.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »

I thought I heard recently that they went global with Bandia Namco in all territories for uniformity of brand. I don't recall where and am too lazy to look for a source, but it's worth looking into.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »

Logo says "Bandai Namco", but as you can clearly see, the Publisher listed on the back is NAMCO BANDAI Games America. Same with the Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate copy that was released last week.
I just use "Bandai Namco Games" to keep everything consistent in the DB.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2014, 05:21:29 PM »

"Bandai Namco Games Inc. (BNGI) (株式会社バンダイナムコゲームス Kabushiki Gaisha Bandai Namuko Gēmusu?) is an arcade, mobile and home video game publisher, based in Japan. The company also publishes video, music and other entertainment products related to its video game IPs. It is the product of a merger between the video game development divisions of Bandai and Namco. Originally referred to in the West as Namco Bandai Games, the company was internationally renamed as Bandai Namco Games in January 2014.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandai_Namco_Games

I would assume the rebranding would be potential cause for variants.
Should be easy enough to correct the mistakes since anything before 2014 would be Namco Bandai.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2014, 12:44:57 AM »

I don't know if I've said this before, but I'm actually rather pissed off that the "Breakout/Pong" genre is gone. Anyone else with me?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length