RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:02:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The World-Famous Tigers Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The World-Famous Tigers Thread  (Read 4709 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: April 05, 2005, 06:49:11 AM »

I just wanted to say it was a hell of an opening day yesterday.  Dnitri Young hit three homers, and his first one landed two rows behind me!  I got on ESPN baby!
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 07:11:57 AM »

that was a great opening day game! how did the Tigers look in person? on the radio it sounded like Bonderman was dominating.

you lucky bastard!!

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 12:38:05 PM »

They looked fantastic.  Bonderman was throwing fireballs.  Mags didn't look the best, but its still early in the season.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 04:37:27 AM »

they look like they should be a good team this year. I really hope they are. it's been so damn long since the Tigers were a power. I've seen the Pistons win 3 championships and the Wings 3 Stanley Cups but that 84 World Series was the first championship I lived through. I'd like to experience that again some day.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 02:01:28 PM »

Dmitri Young is yet another in a long line of great players that the Reds decided to get rid of as soon as he really became integral to the team.  The Reds just don't ever seem to have it in them to really commit to being a power again....  and as any baseball fan knows, the Reds were THE power for a long time.  Sadly, I don't remember them ever even being good enough to go to the playoffs.  I don't know for sure, but they have been there maybe once since they won the 1990 World Series.  I wasn't even six years old when that series was played, so though I lived through it, I obviously don't remember it.  Back in the days of The Big Red Machine, my dad, aunt, and several uncles all worked at Riverfront Stadium, so they experienced the team and the mania around all of it firsthand.  I've been to more games at the new ballpark than they have, but whoopdee freaking doo.  Hooray for Cincinnati Sports.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 03:09:05 PM »

Hell yeah! Yay for Cincinnati Collegiate and High School Sports. Northeast Ohio Sports can kick our (expletive)!

Oh, wait, professional sports. Why can't the big Red Machine be happening now? That would kick some major behind. Too bad the majority owner has no intention in spending enough money to make the team playoff potential, and now that I've said that the Reds will end up making the Playoffs. At least it's something fun and exciting to watch, even if they don't win. At least the Bengals will be in contention this year. (Who ever thought I'd say that). If Cincinnati could only get a MLS Team, then there would be a hometown team that I would be die-hard for.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 03:13:36 PM »

Are the Tigers going to win more the 50 games this year?

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 07:34:09 PM »

I wouldn't be suprised if the Tigers made a decent run at the division title this year.  They have a strong bullpen and excellent hitting, as well as above average fielding.  The only thing that they are really missing is starting pitching.  Outside of Jeremy Bonderman (who realistically would probably be no better than number 3 in the rotation of a better club), there are no starters that are that good.  Jason Johnson hasn't won a game since July of last year, and he is our #3 guy.

I think they will at least go .500 this year.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 01:50:13 AM »

who are the tigers? Smiley

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 04:32:41 AM »

funny how the Tigers and Reds glory days both have the same thing in common.

Sparky Anderson

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 07:24:03 AM »

funny how the Tigers and Reds glory days both have the same thing in common.

Sparky Anderson

And damn that was a loooong time ago.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 12:26:57 PM »

don't remind me.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 02:37:30 PM »

The Reds were just fine in 1990.  :-)

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »

The Reds were just fine in 1990.  :-)

We dont care about the Reds!

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 02:52:17 PM »

Hey now.  You should.  They were, after all, the very first professional baseball team in the world.  They are also responsible for some of the greatest gamblers...  errr... ballplayers of all time.  

And who can forget Marge Schott?  I know I wish I could.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length