RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:31:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: June Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden  (Read 32460 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »

By the way, how do you know what level your castle is?

You get a little scene when it levels up. To check it leave on the boat and go right back in.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »

By the way, how do you know what level your castle is?

You get a little scene when it levels up. To check it leave on the boat and go right back in.

And if you lost track of that you can tell by the bath, which has a specific motif for each level.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

I didn't know the bath changed with the levels, but that comment did remind me that I forgot to search for and keep all the antiques instead of selling them so I could display them in my bath. Sad

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »

I got the old book that shows the antiques…how the hell do you find some of those rare ones?
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2014, 11:30:36 PM »

Just like finding Clive I assume...blind luck. After completing the game, I looked over some of the suikoden stuff on the 'net and saw that a lot of items either had a super low drop percentage, or were found in areas where you spend little time. (I got lucky with the Window setting from the Sunshine Kings in the dragon's den, I might have only fought three of them out of 6-7 battles in the den. Unless you knew to find the item there and grinded for the item, you might not get it. I assume the same is true for a lot of those antiques.)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »

they made the 8 books easy enough to find Smiley if you search everything you see.  but I dont remember if I got all the bath items. I had most

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »

So this happened last night....

All 108 stars accounted for. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »

Get pumped up!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »

So, with today being the last day of the month, does anyone have any final thoughts on the game? If you finished it earlier in the month how do you reflect on your experience now?

I'd like to thank you guys for a great playthrough. It was actually pretty cool that a few of us had a rocky start but stuck it out and were rewarded with a memorable experience. This has been one of my favorite months in the community playthrough gang.

I'm looking forward to when we all get back together in September for Suikoden II which, if you think you liked the first game, will blow you away.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2014, 05:44:56 PM »

I loved it. I am normally against games with too many recruitables or more characters than I can use in one playthrough, but by playing this, I learned that is called "Replay value" and trust me...it worked.

I read a feature today and figured I would share it since we were talking about Sui II going to PSN.

http://www.gameinformer.c...hat-should-be-on-psn.aspx

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2014, 03:26:52 AM »

I finished the game a couple days ago. I'm kinda sad it's over Sad I've been doing some victory laps around different areas leveling up some of the other characters. Sucks Im forced to keep Victor & Flik in my party lol. Something pretty funny I just noticed earlier...I didn't know you could revive your characters after a battle lmao. I went back to the inns FF1 style every time. I didn't mind because I wanted to level up more anyway.

Hope to see you guys on the CT discussion and S II down the road Cheesy

[EDIT] almost forgot, since I'm feeling generous everyone that participated in the play through is the winner of my little contest. Pretty much everyone got all 108 stars anyway haha. So PM me those addresses if you want to claim a mystery package!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:31:10 AM by h1ghw1nd » Logged
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2014, 08:07:43 AM »

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I originally played Suikoden back in the late '90s.  I had virtually no memories of the game, and my lasting impression was that it was a slightly above average RPG for the era.  So when I revisited it for this playthrough, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I was enjoying the game.  I walked away from it this time feeling like it is indeed the gem that GrayGhost says it is.

So with that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to playing Suikoden II when we get to it.  I've always heard that it improves upon the first game in many ways.  I have actually played about an hour or so of it in the past while testing a copy I sold on ebay, and I was immediately intrigued by the story.  I can't wait to see how the rest of the game plays out  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:58:23 AM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2014, 01:10:03 PM »

[EDIT] almost forgot, since I'm feeling generous everyone that participated in the play through is the winner of my little contest. Pretty much everyone got all 108 stars anyway haha. So PM me those addresses if you want to claim a mystery package!

Thank you for being so generous!

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »

Thank you for being so generous!
That's awesome highwind!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »

I'm curious about this mystery package now...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length