RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:06:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Modern Community Playthrough - Shadow of the Colossus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: June Modern Community Playthrough - Shadow of the Colossus  (Read 35968 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »

I just had to share a quote from Singlebanana in a private chat.

Whew #7 down. That guy was hard to mount at first

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »

I am always sketchy using that word on this thread for this game, but that is exactly what we do to the colossi, and I will have to expect some snickering. Wink ha ha ha

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2014, 10:38:27 PM »

Does the game bring up the extras? I wasn't aware of anything like that when I defeated the first two colossi. I would love some collectables to make this longer.

Nope, the game tells you nothing.  If you shoot white tailed lizards and eat the tail (circle button) your stamina meter grows slightly.  If you shoot fruit off a tree and eat it, your health bar grows.  If you re visit the battle site of a previously defeated Colossi you can fight it again with a "replay" filter where the screen looks like an old film reel.  If you pray in front of a crumbled statue of a defeated colossi in the main temple, you can face that colossus in a time attack mode to earn powered up weapons, different costumes, lizards marked on your map, etc.  

The game leaves all of this to discover,  No menus or instructions.

Thoughts on the first colossus: Valus
Spoiler (hover to show)

I don't know if the game does it on purpose but when I take a colossus down and he falls slowly and the sad music starts playing, I can't help but feel bad about what I've done.

Spoiler (hover to show)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2014, 10:45:02 PM »

I just had to share a quote from Singlebanana in a private chat.

Whew #7 down. That guy was hard to mount at first

It appears that I owe someone some negative karma...

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2014, 11:54:40 PM »

Well, It took me MUCH longer than the first two, but I finally figured out the secret behind the third one and defeated him...I only fell off the ramp five times and the colossi like 12...ha ha. Embarrassing. Calling it good for this one for tonight.

Edit: Oh yeah did it ever take longer. 28 minutes to beat the first two, then 1:19 at the save from the third. ha ha
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:57:28 PM by Boshamp » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2014, 06:36:42 AM »

Had to switch the controls to "normal" right off the bat. I hate that reverse control BS.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »

Had to switch the controls to "normal" right off the bat. I hate that reverse control BS.

I had to do that too. Moving the stick to the left to pan the camera right and vice versa hurt my brain.

While defeating each Colossi I feel like I'm committing deicide and Wander has been duped into killing these idols by a malicious god. When you beat a Colossus and come back to the temple I've noticed an increasing number of shadowy figures standing around Wander.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Does anyone have any theories as to what happens to Wander when he faints after each fight and how he is returned to the temple?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2014, 07:55:07 AM »

Having already finished the game, I know what they are so I will tell you what I thought the first time I played.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »

Had a little more time last night to play. Finished the 6th Colossus. Really enjoy the 5th one. There is one I'm really waiting to show up again, but I can't remember which number it is. Snapped up a couple white tailed lizards right before the last Colossi. Still feeling sad about taking these beasts down.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

I'm thinking something totally different.

Think anti-hero. That's all I'm willing to say for fear of spoilers.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »

So what it the purpose of the lizards and the fruit? Do only some lizards have a white tail, or do all of them?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »

So what it the purpose of the lizards and the fruit? Do only some lizards have a white tail, or do all of them?

Only the lizards with white tails have white tails.  You can find them on most save temples. Eating the tail of a white tailed lizard increases the size of your stamina meter, eating fruit increases the size of your health meter.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »

Thanks. So only the PS3 version tracks these items for trophies, right?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:21:16 PM by singlebanana » Logged

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

Thanks. So only the PS3 version tracks these items for trophies, right?

Yeppers

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »

I'm thinking something totally different.

Think anti-hero. That's all I'm willing to say for fear of spoilers.

Can't be a spoiler if it's a guess.  Throw it behind a spoiler tag.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length