RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:50:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Forgotten Collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Collection  (Read 8488 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 12:38:52 AM »

Looks like most all of the SEGA stuff is pretty universal. I was able to run the 32X successfully using another 2103 power supply, which I learned can run the Game Gear, so I can actually play that one without using 6 AAs. The A/V cables for the Genesis 2 are compatible with the Genesis 3 and the CDX, but I do not have either of their unique power supplies to test them with the Genesis 2 A/V.

Got all the SEGA stuff documented within my collection and packed up separately, all that is left is to open the last two NINTENDO boxes (I wonder what goodies await) and dump it on the rest of the pile to get them all documented, sorted, and packed back up.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 01:08:27 AM »

Did some more digging and found a bag with a few undocumented SNES titles in it. Just a few more SNES games and I will be over 100 titles for another system. With the addition of Gaia, I just need Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana to complete the SNES Traditional RPG lineup. Unless I am unaware of some of them.

[img width=550 height=919]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/Scott_Breaze/WP_20140728_001_zps1ea19fb6.jpg?t=1406613688[/img]

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »

It doesn't take packing things away for months and months for me to forget what's in my collection.

One week, I walked into my local game shop and bought Beavis & Butt-Head and Road Rash II for Genesis.

A few weeks later, I walked into my local game shop and bought Beavis and Butt-Head and Road Rash II for Genesis.

A week after that, I realized that I had bought duplicates.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 07:33:17 AM »

I've recently moved most of my collection to a new space and found stuff packed in boxes that I forgot about. I'll start with some Street Fighter:

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/photo11_zpse4e6cecf.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/photo2_zps24d70e2d.jpg[/img]

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 07:43:24 AM »

Jealous of that arcade stick addicted!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 08:21:13 AM »

@GamerNick: Thanks! You might want to bid one this auction to grab one or two yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O...ck-lot-of-2-/111421098672

Also I found this... Calling Crabby!

I have no idea if this works or not and I don't have a supergun/jamma setup to test:

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/photo12_zps4d0914c3.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/photo21_zps5c68dbe8.jpg[/img]

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey is for sale/trade. I also found the hard drive that goes with the game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 02:24:46 AM »

I really love how the buttons on the arcade stick are linear. I always see them arched, but this is a great pleasure to the eye. No idea if it is practically preferred in play, but I suck at fighting games anyway, so OCD wins for me here. ha ha

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 08:46:55 AM »

There were three variations to the Playstation original that I know of. The first had the three prong or three hole AV port, the next had a standard AV and then there was the PSOne (smaller white model).

You all have some great finds lurking in your rooms. Smiley
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »

There were three variations to the Playstation original that I know of. The first had the three prong or three hole AV port, the next had a standard AV and then there was the PSOne (smaller white model).
There's a list of variations here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w...dels#Comparison_of_models
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 03:46:46 AM »

Found some NES games packed into the "Documented NES" box that were not in fact documented. Glad I double check all of them.

Bionic Commando
Bomberman
Gradius
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
Kid Icarus
Metroid
Rad Racer II
R.C. Pro-Am
RoboCop 2
Solomon's Key
Spy vs. Spy
Tecmo Super Bowl (CIB)

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »

Nice some solid titles there

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »

I didn't even know there was a Rad Racer II, much less released by Square...It seems that not only am I learning more about games and collecting from you all, but also from myself. ha ha

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »

It doesn't take packing things away for months and months for me to forget what's in my collection.

One week, I walked into my local game shop and bought Beavis & Butt-Head and Road Rash II for Genesis.

A few weeks later, I walked into my local game shop and bought Beavis and Butt-Head and Road Rash II for Genesis.

A week after that, I realized that I had bought duplicates.

Ha ha ha.  I actually have crap scattered all over, at my house, my parents house, their storage unit, and at my wife's parents house. Man, I can't wait until I move into a bigger house and I can bring it all together and hook them all up.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »

Hey now,

Over the past few days I've been sifting through piles of stuff I've built up over the last few years, and found something that wasn't forgotten so much as it was lost. I bought a complete boxed Super Game Boy at a yard sale several years back, separated the adapter from the box, and put the box in a place so well hidden, I didn't find it until yesterday.

[img width=700 height=322]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Lost1_zps7de5a88a.jpg[/img]

BTW the pile I'm going through also contained three GameCubes, three SNESes, two Genesises (Genesi?), two Dreamcasts and three SNESes... so far. I looked at all these extra consoles in front of me, and came to the realization that I'm risking going from collector to hoarder...

'Late
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »

BTW the pile I'm going through also contained three GameCubes, three SNESes, two Genesises (Genesi?), two Dreamcasts and three SNESes... so far. I looked at all these extra consoles in front of me, and came to the realization that I'm risking going from collector to hoarder...

I'm reassured that I am far from hoarding, by your notation, since I know everything in my collection is accounted for and I know where it is stored/shelved.  Forgetting about 13 consoles (although you listed the SNES's twice) is cause for concern.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length