RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:33:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 24.5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 24.5  (Read 14583 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »

Honesty and fact-checking are overrated anyway.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 04:03:05 PM »

So glad to see the return of small scores! Thanks as always for the mentions and the happy birthday wish Duke.

Do you think you guys could highlight it a little more when the score has a cool story behind it, especially if another member of the site is involved? I'm thinking of my Rule of Rose specifically, and how it was basically a surprise gift from Disposed Hero. Both Crabby and Duke know that I've been looking for that game forever. It was a big deal to get it from a fellow member, I'd love if you guys could've given him a shout-out on the show for it. This happens a lot, where I've done some crazy trade or gotten a great deal from a fellow member and that wasn't brought up on the show. We should celebrate when this happens. I know you have to keep the show streamlined...oh wait let's be honest ya'll don't give two shits about that so come on! Highlight the members of the community a little bit more please!

Anyway love the show, keep up the good work! SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »

We always try to highlight member's generousity Grayghost. We just don't always know or remember it. If you guys think someone on the site did something awesome that you think deserves a little extra spotlight, try sending one of the three of us a PM to bring it to our attention again.

Congrats again on the Rule of Rose, its getting more and more expensive these days it seems.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »

While it has been a while since I've read this (and are unable to find the source), I'm pretty sure that the original NES strat guides were just translated Japanese guides instead of a more American redesign.  Just a tidbit for those of us who dig on Japanese NES games...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »

I too enjoy Fox News

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:05 PM »

I too enjoy Fox News

Where's the Like button on this thing?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »

I too enjoy Fox News

Where's the Like button on this thing?

I dunno... I prefer Bill O'Reilly's pre-Fox News work, myself.

F*CKING THING SUCKS!

ANYway, I was kinda bummed when they decided not to go with my suggestion to call this the All Small Scores episode, or A.S.S. for short. But, seeing as how the CollectorCast is a family-oriented operation, I guess that omission was for the best.

And now, my thoughts and clarifications of my small scores segment:

-   16:50: “I think he’s gonna be mad at us… (for being) selective…” Nothing to get angry about here, since my small-scores segment took up more time than anyone else’s. Even after taking out the rail-shooter and Resident Evil tangents, a solid twenty minutes was wasted on my wares.

-   17:40: “I didn’t write down anything about calculators… or anything he thinks is cool...” I rarely ever mention my non-vidya finds on the Small Scores thread nowadays, ‘cuz I figure people have gotten bored with it by now. Besides, there’s the Small Toy Scores thread for my Optimus and Nerf finds, and I’ll just PM Nupoile to rub my calculator finds in his face.

-   18:00-18:56: Ah yes, the Mega Man Rockman X3 back pack. Sadly, even though Crabs said something that foreshadowed its present whereabouts, I don’t recall it being brought up again in the show.  For the rest of the story, click the link below:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...13289.msg197112#msg197112

-   21:00-22:30: You know what was really spooky about my second Miracle Piano score? I was standing in front of the Goodwill electronics shelf, thinking about the Miracle Piano I’d grabbed right before New Years, when I looked to my right and saw the box. My thrifting powers had become so great, that I’m sometimes able to will certain things into existence. Well, except for a lousy foot pedal. Still keeping a lookout for ya on that, Duke.

But that wasn’t the end of the story: after I yanked the Miracle Piano box off the shelf, I browsed the shop for a little while longer while carrying it around. This resulted in a few people asking me for assistance because they thought I worked there. Actually, that occasionally happens when I’m empty-handed, too…

-   22:32- 23:00: Yeah, the loaves and fishes thing was pretty impressive, but howzabout miracling a foot pedal or two?

-   23:00-23:35: I’m pretty sure my C64 score will take the #1 spot in my post to the pending “Top 5 Small Scores of 2014” thread. It would take a pretty impressive haul to top that one. I managed to get just about all the hardware, including a 64C keyboard along with the standard 64 one. All I really need to complete the setup is one of those printers that take the sprocket-feed fanfold paper. Those were the good ol’ days when you had to carefully separate the pages along the scores after printing your school reports. That’s one simple pleasure today’s youth will likely never experience. A tragic loss to be sure.

-   23:35-25:12: Sadly, almost all the software that came with the lot was either practical applications or educational stuff. Nowhere to be found were the C64 games I played back in the day, such as the Centipede-wannabe Gridrunner, O’Riley’s Mine, or Spy vs. Spy I & II. The ‘rents scrounged a couple complete boxed Avalon Hill datassette games for me second-hand, including the text-based B1 Nuclear Bomber and Computer Football Strategy. After typing in your play in Football Strategy,  you’d watch the play unfold in all its slow-paced, lo-res glory. Sadly, I couldn’t tell you how diverse the color palette was, since it was hooked up to a small black-and-white TV.

-   28:05: You forgot about Kinect Star Wars, Crabs. Han Solo sure can cut a rug…

-   28:15: Nope. I don’t even have a Kinect yet. I wasn’t even all that aware of Child of Eden until you brought it up. Yet another title to put on my search list…

-   28:40-31:20: I’m not all that big on zombies, myself. Aside from the whole undead, brain-eating thing, zombies are kinda… well, boring to me for the most part. I honestly don’t get their appeal.

-   31:56-33:50: I already had Tempest 2000 for the Jag when I picked up the Saturn version. I figured I could use a backup copy, just in case. I also recently picked up Tempest X3 for PlayStation. I guess you could say I’m downright tempestuous…

-   33:32-36:02: That would be TheBoss who got the soundtrack ball rolling in Small Scores. I picked up that Skyrim soundtrack to try and “keep up with the Joneses” as it were. But there’s absolutely NO keeping up with TheBoss, so don’t even try…

-   36:03-37:24: I found that complete and in excellent condition for a shockingly good price at a Goodwill that isn’t exactly known for reasonable game pricing. In fact, prices have been creeping upward at all the local thrifts, especially the Salvation Army.

-   37:25-37:55: I probably would have bought the PC Miracle piano if I had the space for it (I didn’t), and if all the important components were present (they weren’t). Then there was the really spooky part: I discovered this one on the exact same shelf space in the exact same Goodwill store I found the previous boxed Miracle Piano.

-   37:56-38:58: I recalled hearing some good things about Crackdown. I figured for $0.95 plus tax that it was worth the risk. Now I just have to remember where I laid it down...

'Late
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »

Yay! Small scores are back!

At one point Duke mentioned Cool Spot along with a 32x conversation, what was that about?

Anyways,

Do you think you guys could highlight it a little more when the score has a cool story behind it, especially if another member of the site is involved?....This happens a lot, where I've done some crazy trade or gotten a great deal from a fellow member and that wasn't brought up on the show. We should celebrate when this happens.

Yeah, I like that idea. Duke did it a bunch, talking about what he got from fellow RFGeners who went to retro game shows and the like. Picked up some pretty sweet exclusives it sounds like. I mean it would be pretty sweet if, say, Bil got some exclusive game from a fellow member and he talked about it on the show. Pretty sweet indeed. Don't worry Bil, I'm sure you'll get your chance to do that someday.

-   17:40: “I didn’t write down anything about calculators… or anything he thinks is cool...” I rarely ever mention my non-vidya finds on the Small Scores thread nowadays, ‘cuz I figure people have gotten bored with it by now....I just PM Nupoile to rub my calculator finds in his face.

That's totally true. He does this all the time. Of course I probably don't help dissuade him much as I act all excited and amazed at what calculators he finds, uh, because I am amazed and excited.

Oh, and Bil, winky face  ----->  Wink
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »

Bil was so astounded by the Cool Spot for 32x that he has been afraid to talk about it at length because he is afraid of crying on the show. I told him it was ok, that it won't make him any less of a man.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 08:21:59 AM »

Yay! Small scores are back!

At one point Duke mentioned Cool Spot along with a 32x conversation, what was that about?

Anyways,
Oh, and Bil, winky face  ----->  Wink

Yeah, so I'm a jerk and will have to sing a song to nupoile on the next show. 

Nupoile contacted me out of the goodness of his heart and let me know that he had the opportunity to  pick up a CIB repro of Cool Spot for the 32X.  He grabbed it for me, with his own money (I did pay him, but he deserves credit for fronting the dough), and I neglected to mention it on the show because I am jerkface.  Not sure how it happened, but it did.  And now I ope nupoile and Odyssey II song of his choice sang a Capella.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 11:37:06 AM »

I could have sworn it was mentioned somewhere. Must have just been on the forums.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »

.... And now I owe nupoile an Odyssey II song of his choice sang a Capella.

That's really all I ask.

Sung to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody, if you don't mind.

I could have sworn it was mentioned somewhere. Must have just been on the forums.

Oh, he did put it in the forums, big pictures and everything. But when you are a powerful, world renown, podcast celebrity like Bil there are certain expectations.

I just realized, if there had been an Odyssey2 game made about Bil's life, say, a Bil simulator where you had to make obscure movie references.....it would have been called Bil! Which is only interesting because that looks more like the spelling of Bill I am used to.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »

Oh, he did put it in the forums, big pictures and everything. But when you are a powerful, world renown, podcast celebrity like Bil there are certain expectations.

I just realized, if there had been an Odyssey2 game made about Bil's life, say, a Bil simulator where you had to make obscure movie references.....it would have been called Bil! Which is only interesting because that looks more like the spelling of Bill I am used to.

Can I help with the production of the game? I'll fire up the MS Paint and render the cut scenes.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »

Kickstarter!

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 06:39:02 AM »

Hoping to be able to start my epic "10-to-300" NES subset drive to the 300 game milestone. Like Crabby said, it's going to be a bit pricey, so it might take a few months.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length