RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Trade Demos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trade Demos  (Read 1224 times)
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »

First off I love this site and the collection software. I am really happy cause I can now log all my demos, which I have a ton of. The only thing I have noticed missing is trade demos. I have a handful of these and put in part # and titles and came up with nothing. These are the demos that come in a plain white sleeve with the name and part # and say trade demo on them. How does everyone else put these demos into the database? Thanks.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:24:41 PM »

We have a few in the database - a search shows 20. Here's one for an example:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-072-S-02631-A

When submitting it, set the Variation Title to Trade Demo. Otherwise, it's just like any other title...

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »

Thank you. I see my problem, the one I have Red Faction is not on that list. However State of Emergency 2 is.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:27 AM »

It always surprised me to learn just how many demos were released back in the day outside of magazines and such...too bad everything for the most part is digital nowadays...

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »

Thank you. I see my problem, the one I have Red Faction is not on that list. However State of Emergency 2 is.

Please do submit the ones you have that we are missing Smiley
You can either hit the "Submit Variant" from the game page of the existing game or by accessing the Submit Variant option found under the Submit link at the top of the page.
http://www.rfgeneration.c...action=gameedit;sa=addvar

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:47 AM »

It always surprised me to learn just how many demos were released back in the day outside of magazines and such...too bad everything for the most part is digital nowadays...

Trade Demos weren't magazines - they were handed out at industry events, hence the "trade" moniker.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »

Awesome all thank you. I have quite a few demos and three trade demos not on the list so far. I will gladly submit the ones I do not find. Also trade demos were given out to store managers back in the day by the reps also along with trade events. I would get handed one at least once a year when I was one. Trade demos are usually full versions of the game with cheat codes or extras added. Some however like my Harvest Moon Back to Nature would not let you save your game and only had part of the game  as far as I can tell.  I loved collecting demos, many times you would find random things in the demos not in the actual games.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:22 AM »

It has been my experience that Trade Demos specifically state "Trade Demo" on the disc.

When i worked retail we (by we i mean managers) sometimes got demos, some of them full copies with NFR stickers on them (DS games for example), for various systems from various companies. But none of them said trade demo.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »

This is true, Izret. I believe I just got lucky and my reps after E3 shows or whatever just gave me some of their games. The three times I went to E3 I never received any trade demos because they were given to members of the press. I also found a trade demo mixed into the give away stuff at a company picnic once. Then again most of collecting games is all about luck most of the time Wink  I'm not that fortunate anymore since I have not been a manager in a few years.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »

Trade Demos weren't magazines - they were handed out at industry events, hence the "trade" moniker.

I know. I meant that it surprised me how much was released in ways other than magazines and other more public or traditional means.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length