RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Rejected Submission: Squaresoft Collector's CD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Rejected Submission: Squaresoft Collector's CD  (Read 4569 times)
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:38:53 PM »

My disc looks different from the one in the data base. I have included my scan image of the disc and cover. Thank you. Smiley

* Squaresoft Collectors CD.jpg (507.22 KB, 1600x1716 - viewed 252 times.)

* Squaresoft Collector's CD Front.jpg (348.64 KB, 1056x1008 - viewed 233 times.)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »

Please resubmit as a variant of one of the Final Fantasy VII demos.
Also one of the existing demos either has the wrong images or is a duplicate entry.

Sent from my shattered phone so please apologize any errors

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:56 PM »

Will do. Thanks and sorry about your phone. 
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »

are you sure that was some sort of stand-alone release, and not included with a game? Parasite Eve comes with a very similar (but definitely not the same) demo disc including a FFVIII demo.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »

I would think it would be included as a bundle as everything I have seen before for Squaresoft was bundled, but if it had its own box or manual, it may be a stand alone. I have never seen that one before.

The three volumized collector's cds came with Parasite eve, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Vagrant Story. I would have to think this one came before those looking at the year on it. Tobal no. 1 came with a FFVII demo back in '96 and it did not have a volume number attached.

I am betting this either came with a lesser known game before Parasite eve released in '98, or was in fact a stand alone demo.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 09:23:23 PM »

(Fairly certain)Wrong title(will need to find my demo), Right scans but scans are wrong size.
http://www.rfgeneration.c...061-S-14040-A&type=bf

Need verification of correct title and scans, current images belong ^there^
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-061-S-16140-A

calistarwind please resize and submit images here for your entry that was previously rejected and has since been approved.
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-061-S-16141-A

All of them do have unique part numbers. Will have to double check Jasons site later to see if something was added that shouldn't have been or if it is just a case of mixed up titles and scans.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 11:02:02 PM »

I received this demo as a stand alone when I worked at Electronics Boutique in 97, it was a preorder bonus. Inside the sleeve is a coupon for $5 off your purchase of any of these Square titles. I have the coupon still, for some reason I never used it. I can scan it if you would like to see it.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »

Please do scan for extra media!

Also the preorder bonus info makes for great Game Trivia Wink

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:28:22 PM »

Cool I will scan it and submit it briefly. As time permits if there are any other demos of the ones I submitted you would love pictures for let me know. I do most of my adding when my 2 yo is sleeping..lol  But I love to help where I can.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »

That will probably be the sickest pre-order incentive I ever see. All this bonus digital content for pre-ordering stinks. Do you by chance remember which game you had to pre-order to get that demo?

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 11:43:32 PM »

Cool I will scan it and submit it briefly. As time permits if there are any other demos of the ones I submitted you would love pictures for let me know. I do most of my adding when my 2 yo is sleeping..lol  But I love to help where I can.

Whenever you have the time please do fill in any of the holes you can and we will do the best to get them approved ASAP Smiley
Scans are 550 on the shortest side Cheesy

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 11:52:59 PM »

I want to say that they gave them away when you pre-ordered any Square title that was coming out. I know for Final Fantasy VII they gave away the Playstation Underground disc with the demo on it. And on the PC they gave away a FF VII shirt and mousepad.  Square used to love giving away stuff. I still have all my Squaresoft poster (Xenogears, Bushido Blade, Parasite Eve, Radiata Stories)..I miss those days. I'm still in contact with my old EB boss so maybe I can see if he knows.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 01:13:06 AM »

as far as i know normally if something is a pre-order bonus then everything to do with it would be submitted as extra media under the page for the game being pre-ordered. if you do find out that this was for a specific game pre-order, maybe everything should be moved over to that and your new entry removed. if it was for a bunch of different games at random then it's probably a special case that would get it's own entry. i'll let the powers that be (izret Wink ) decide of course, but that's my 2 cents.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 06:29:59 AM »

We have a multitude of "preorder" items in the database already.
Doing a quick/lazy search i found ~20 titles not including the Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance NFR games (which were given away to those who preordered Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy) and other items that do not include the words Presell/Pre Sell/Preorder/Pre Order

If the preorder item is a map, poster, frisbee, temp tattoo, Tshirt, et, etc it can be extra media.
If it is a game or expansion pack it is worthy of a DB entry.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 07:58:19 AM »

So instead of marking all my preorder bonus items in the extra description tag under each of my games they can also be submitted as extra media? Not saying it is something I would dive into at the moment but is nice to know for future reference. Also any interest in pictures or info on launch kits? I have several complete launch kits from various games.

This site is wonderful. Thank you all for making me feel at home here.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length