RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:06:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Skylanders in the Db talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Skylanders in the Db talk  (Read 28222 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 01:37:35 AM »

On a side note, I agree carrying cases and shelves shouldn't be in the DB. They're merchandise, not hardware. Seriously, there's a CD rack in the DB. A CD RACK.

i always found that stupid too, imo accessories should only be included if they either connect to the game somehow through the controller or system, or they augment controls (like the circle pad add-on for the 3DS). merchandise shouldn't be in here, that's such a huge can of worms that belongs to a different website than this one. or if it's going to be here, then put it as extra media photos on the relevant hardware if there is any.

like i said earlier in here i count amiibos and skylanders like memory cards, and they most definitely interact with the hardware/software, so i'm all for adding those.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »

I see your Amibos/Skylanders and raise you Animal Crossing cards.

Many people wanted to track those(myself included) it never happened.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »

Really, the Hardware DB has been slowly evolving to basically be most non-software things these days...
There really shouldn't be two separate DBs. There should just be separate "Types" of items.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »

I love the argument of "Yes to Skylanders because Amiibos." FANBOYS.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »

I AM AGAINST THESE THINGS!

Oh wait it coincides with an interest of mine?

I WANT THESE THINGS!

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »

Hey now, don't twist my words.  laugh

I do see how Animal Crossing cards don't belong. There's nothing digital about them. Might as well add DLC cards or controller overlays.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

(wanders off)

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »

Amiibos!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »

ya i wouldn't count animal crossing cards for the same reasons Flee mentioned, but Amiibos/skylanders/disney infinity are all digital devices that interact with the system remotely.

edit: i should note i don't play any of those 3 things nor do i plan on it, i just feel like they should count as hardware.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »

ya i wouldn't count animal crossing cards for the same reasons Flee mentioned, but Amiibos/skylanders/disney infinity are all digital devices that interact with the system remotely.

edit: i should note i don't play any of those 3 things nor do i plan on it, i just feel like they should count as hardware.

Animal Crossing cards interact with the system in just as much of a way as the Amiibos/Skylanders/Infinity. We already have the e-Reader games in there...
* bickman2k waits for Tynstar.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate a bit here, but these figures are not, at least in the way of Skylanders, just figures. If someone wanted action figures and K'Nex sets in the DB, that's a definite no. But the figures do interact with the game. You do have to have at least 8 Skylanders to 100% the game, one of each element.

I can see both ways though for having them or not having them and honestly, I'm fine with either way that it may go.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »

I'd like to see them. (All of them AND the Animal Crossing Cards)
But i'd like to see them in their own separate place.

For best results they would need a completely different page layout.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »

...in all seriousness, why hasn't anyone just TRIED submitting one to the DB? I used to do that as a member before I was on staff, and if it got rejected, I went to a sympathetic staff member to get it overturned (izret).

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »

Don't submit them.
I want them in the DB but they need to be represented in a way that i feel the site is not currently equipped to handle.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2014, 12:44:21 PM »

How's that? Hardware seems to underrepresent everything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:50:07 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »

Animal Crossing cards interact with the system in just as much of a way as the Amiibos/Skylanders/Infinity. We already have the e-Reader games in there...
* bickman2k waits for Tynstar.

at first I was about to question what I said about the animal crossing memory cards because that contradicts my point about "skylanders/amiibos are memory cards so yes to adding them!". I think I meant to say that I wouldn't count animal crossing cards for their own entries because they were never released stand-alone to my knowledge, they only came packaged with the Animal Crossing game itself, so they should be extra media for that. I'm all for any stand-alone memory cards getting their own hardware entry though.

so what I mean to say is:

1: yes to all accessories in the hardware DB that connect to or augment the game/system in a meaningful way. that can be either digitally (Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Amiibo/all memory cards, etc.) or physically (3DS 2nd joystick add-on, PS3 trigger extensions, or anything else along those lines).

2: if the hardware was never released standalone and came bundled with a game or system only, then it should be extra media for that existing entry. this includes animal crossing memory cards.

3: no merchandise. no magazines, no strategy guides, nothing that isn't an interactive accessory (or controller, system, etc.) should be in the hardware database. if anything else is desired it should eventually have it's own place, or sub-place, in the database(s).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length