RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26  (Read 15835 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...ome-Home-Stabbed-2860.php

You could check the front page news.
Cry baby

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...ome-Home-Stabbed-2860.php

You could check the front page news.
Cry baby

Thats what I always do but I think that homepage post should be in here also.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »

Love the topic. The Dreamcast is what got me back into gaming. I played a TON of NFL 2K.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »

@Tynstar: Constructive criticism appreciated!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »

woo first time finishing an episode at launch for a long time, great one guys! i need to give my dreamcast more love than it gets
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 09:01:44 PM »

You're finished already???

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 09:09:36 PM »

it kept me entertained while filling out my "better late than never" income tax return
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 02:50:35 AM »

Great topic - before I even listen I'll agree with Bil: best launch lineup ever.

My roommates and I at college had Ready 2 Rumble Boxing and NFL 2K on day 1.

It's not hyperbole when anyone talks about how awesome NFL 2K was. Mind blowing .

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:01 AM »

Probably took my advice to up the running-speed setting on YouTube to get through the show faster.

Though I'm starting to like the "drunken" half-speed setting much more...
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:15 AM »

The moment I realized I was a collect was the moment I obtained a copy of Silent Service for the NES.

Looks to be a great podcast.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:27:15 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 08:26:06 AM »

Great topic.  Coincidentally, I just recently began focusing my collecting towards the Dreamcast.  I had only a handful of titles before, now I have a fairly respectable collection, including some heavy hitters (by Dreamcast standards) such as Cannon Spike and Illbleed.

I got my Dreamcast at launch.  I was about 12 or 13 years old, and it was a Christmas gift from my parents.  I believe the games I got with it were Sonic Adventure (of course), Power Stone, and Marvel vs. Capcom.  I bought SoulCalibur and Evolution shortly after.

Some of my most played games on the Dreamcast back in the day included Sonic Adventure, SoulCalibur, Dead or Alive 2, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, NFL Blitz (surprisingly, since I'm not really a football fan), Jet Grind Radio, and Dynamite Cop.

I'm glad that Dynamite Cop got some love on the show.  I loved that game as a kid, and I still play it sometimes whenever I have friends over and we're just looking for something fun to play.  Funny you should mention the comparisons to Die Hard and Bruce Willis.  Dynamite Cop was actually a sequel to Die Hard Arcade on the Saturn, but somewhere along the way Sega lost the rights to the Die Hard license.

Great show guys, keep it up!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »

Some really good intro questions:

I've never dealt with disc rot either. I agree that being careful where you store them makes a difference, as well as the quality of media.

While I was scourging Blockbusters and other rental stores for 16-bit sell-offs (gotta have all the Joe Montana Footballs...and 32X games) in 96-97, my first real "collecting" purchase was when I was working at Hollywood Video in the summer of 1998. When they got ride of their SNES games, I nabbed CIB copies of Final Fantasy III and Super Mario RPG.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I failed to launch the discount code for the site in time. It is now up and running and should be typed exactly like this:

collectorcast

Can't wait to listen to the episode tonight!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

Never played my Sports Edition DC, so I sold it to Crabby to help him stock up for his store opening. Might have to look into purchasing another after hearing about some of these titles. Good show gents.

Also, another proposed name for the show: "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor?"

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »

Also, another proposed name for the show: "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor?"

Play pool against them?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length