RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Voting: NES Shmup Retro Playthrough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Which NES shmup do you want to play in December?
Gradius   -5 (41.7%)
Dragon Spirit   -3 (25%)
Gun.Smoke   -4 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Voting: NES Shmup Retro Playthrough  (Read 7296 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »

I'm sad Section Z isn't an option, but then I realized: This is a Playthrough. Most wouldn't make it through the game in the time span.

While this is a playthrough, December is more of a competition for high scores. I doubt many people will finish a lot of these games, since shmups tend to be pretty brutal.

no one questioned the atari 2600 line-up Wink
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

Again, someone in the community please let me know when these results are visible. They should be today.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »

They are visible. Crazy that a single vote for Gradius instead of Dragon Spirit meant the difference between having a game to play, and another 3 way tie. ha ha

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »

Looks like we are playing Gradius on the NES. Such a classic title, so I think it's an outstanding pick. A chose Dragon Spirit as it's my favorite game on the system, but I would have been happy with either of these last 3 picks. You guys are really lucky that it wasn't Gun.Smoke. I had it as a kid and am pretty pro at it. Cheesy

Alight, going to unsticky this thread and put a 3 day vote up for the SNES. Please note that I will not be including Gradius III as an option. Since we already have a Gradius title, I want to keep the month of gameplay diverse.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length