RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:51:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | NES Top Loaders 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NES Top Loaders  (Read 4564 times)
CodebreakerDX
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

I think they're cool, I recently found one in the trash (for real) with 8 games and it works, I get some weird RF Snow/Static when I play games, and it's for that reason that I want to either mod it for a clear picture or find a toaster NES (One of my RL friends told me I can have his NES with a broken 72 pin connector)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 08:02:42 PM »

It could be the RF adapter or a badly grounded connector. Mine would throw static if the RF adapter was hanging down, rather than resting.

CodebreakerDX
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 11:54:49 PM »

It could be the RF adapter or a badly grounded connector. Mine would throw static if the RF adapter was hanging down, rather than resting.
If it was a badly grounded connector what would I have to do to fix it?
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 01:19:40 AM »

i've done the lockout chip mod myself and while it does help, it doesn't completely eliminate the problem. i still regularly get the blinking light and pink screen because my 72 pin connector is getting worn out.

Good to know.  I've thought of doing this mod but have now reconsidered.  For what it is worth, this is the guide I found online regarding cleaning and maintenance of the toaster NES.

http://www.cgquarterly.com/articles/blinknes.htm

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 02:02:48 AM »

If it was a badly grounded connector what would I have to do to fix it?

It may require soldering. I'm not an expert on it, but there are people here who could help explain.

gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »

Anyone know anything about the connector in the top loader? Is there any way to swap it out with the other NES connector, with a bit of modding?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 09:09:32 PM »

The pin connector is soldered directly to the board, its not as simple as a switch out or boil cleaning you can do with the toasters. You can only swap it out with another top loader pin connector and if you need to take it off for a deep cleaning then you'll spend an hour at least on the de-soldering and re-soldering alone.

When I did a deep cleaning of mine I just gave it a big alcohol bath and scrubbed whatever was leftover. I haven't had any problems with the unit itself. My cords on the other hand...

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length